• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It's my understanding that the Park Police (PG) will have a new set of written rules/guidelines that'll be completed by the end of September (this month) and be available to the promoter by October 1st.

where did you get your info?
    any way you can substantiate this?
    or is it hearsay?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It's my understanding that the Park Police (PG) will have a new set of written rules/guidelines that'll be completed by the end of September (this month) and be available to the promoter by October 1st.

As of 10/02/15, as per conversation with John, IIRC he hasn't physically been to that location as of that date and doesn't know of anything yet, hasn't really read or signed anything yet as to how things are going to be handled such as show rules per PG.

I have no updates except the following. The show will be at the said location and the last weekend of October as advertised. I (Shooters Discount) will NOT be attending this show due to conflict of scheduled plans for that weekend.

My help will be totally responsible and commencing a move of their company (firm) from one location to another that weekend. This is the sole reason why Shooters Discount is not doing the show and we informed John and/or Eric of such. Actually my help really wants to do the show but because of his firm's move, is unable to do so.

Still interested in hearing what new ninny-compatible rules MNCPPC will be imposing.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. I'll prolly be missing out on'na' good opportunity to tell those PG assholes to go shove their made-up so-called rules up their asses because it's almost certain that some or a lot of them will not be inline with local, state, and federal laws. If in the event that the stipulations are just the local, state, and federal laws, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    As of 10/02/15, as per conversation with John, IIRC he hasn't physically been to that location as of that date and doesn't know of anything yet, hasn't really read or signed anything yet as to how things are going to be handled such as show rules per PG.

so it is all hearsay after all.:rolleyes:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

My help will be totally responsible and commencing a move of their company (firm) from one location to another that weekend. This is the sole reason why Shooters Discount is not doing the show and we informed John and/or Eric of such. Actually my help really wants to do the show but because of his firm's move, is unable to do so.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. I'll prolly be missing out on'na' good opportunity to tell those PG assholes to go shove their made-up so-called rules up their asses because it's almost certain that some or a lot of them will not be inline with local, state, and federal laws. *****If in the event that the stipulations are just the local, state, and federal laws, I'll be pleasantly surprised.*****

Not really, there have been others involved (not me) in this and I'm just the messenger here, be it the information right or wrong. As per John, he indicated that he'll set it up that the vendors can drive in to their tables for set up unloading and pack out loading. Again, I'm just the messenger.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Not really, there have been others involved (not me) in this and I'm just the messenger here, be it the information right or wrong. As per John, he indicated that he'll set it up that the vendors can drive in to their tables for set up unloading and pack out loading. Again, I'm just the messenger.

you know what happens to the messenger......:D
    :lol2:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    money is a powerful thing.

I believe I have mentioned hearing they needed money from friends who rent the facilities throughout the year. I would put money on the fact there is over $30 million worth of horses there right now, as well as some of my work to be given as awards :D

It was a good show in its day and my fingers are crossed.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Just got off the phone with the promoter.
    Its going to be a ONE- DAY ONLY show. Saturday only. and NO live ammo.
    This sucks.
    We need to have a strong showing at this show to show people that no matter how they try to make it hard for us, and that we will prevail.
    Just remember .. "It's the hard that makes it great!"

Don't shoot the messenger... :bullhorn:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just got off the phone with the promoter.
    Its going to be a ONE- DAY ONLY show. Saturday only. and NO live ammo.
    This sucks.
    We need to have a strong showing at this show to show people that no matter how they try to make it hard for us, and that we will prevail.
    Just remember .. "It's the hard that makes it great!"

Don't shoot the messenger... :bullhorn:

Well dude, looks like your hearsay went outta'da' window here. Like I summarized earlier in this thread, there are things that are goin' to come down regarding this show that many people won't like. The ammo prohibition thing doesn't surprise me one bit but what is the "one day only" show stuff about.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well dude, looks like your hearsay went outta'da' window here. Like I summarized earlier in this thread, there are things that are goin' to come down regarding this show that many people won't like. The ammo prohibition thing doesn't surprise me one bit but what is the "one day only" show stuff about.

Simple...

"Fewer guns are being sold at gun shows."

Just a matter of which claim they make to back it up.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maybe that's the infamous "Gun Show Loophole" the imbeciles are always chattering about. The ammo fell through the loophole into another dimension.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while.:D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

John (Appalachian) indicated to me that this show was for the weekend, 10/24 & 10/25 back in June and again earlier this month (October). I'd say he's pretty pissed off about this shit of no ammo allowed and it being only a one day show now. I wonder who, or what group of people are behind this???!!! Considering both of these negative factors in place now (plus whatever else that might/gonna' come down), I'm glad my help wasn't able to make it this weekend, hence Shooters Discount is not attending this show.

Mr H

Banana'd
    John (Appalachian) indicated to me that this show was for the weekend, 10/24 & 10/25 back in June and again earlier this month (October). I'd say he's pretty pissed off about this shit of no ammo allowed and it being only a one day show now. I wonder who, or what group of people are behind this???!!! Considering both of these negative factors in place now (plus whatever else that might/gonna' come down), I'm glad my help wasn't able to make it this weekend, hence Shooters Discount is not attending this show.

This is a point I missed... thanks for spurring that rogue brain cell!!

:D

Assume this is a test. It's not random.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do you think this is going to be a fishing expedition for the local police? Meaning, looking at the AR15 rifles being sold, to make sure they are in fact HBAR rifles. Possibly looking for mags that will fit 11 or more rounds? And other such things?

Something smells and I don't think it's the honey roasted nuts or jerky being sold.

If I were the promoter, I would have told them to stick it with the ammo restriction and the 1 day show.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if something bad won't go down during the show.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Do you think this is going to be a fishing expedition for the local police? Meaning, looking at the AR15 rifles being sold, to make sure they are in fact HBAR rifles. Possibly looking for mags that will fit 11 or more rounds? And other such things?

Something smells and I don't think it's the honey roasted nuts or jerky being sold.

If I were the promoter, I would have told them to stick it with the ammo restriction and the 1 day show.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if something bad won't go down during the show.

Tough call on this ^^^ one as to what the fvck is going to happen but at this point nothing will surprise me with this show. John advertised the show as a two day show, Saturday October 24th 9 to 5 and Sunday October 25th 9 to 3 and one of the several major things to be there will be ammo with the table fees being $55.00 each as per his paper flyers. I'm going to say most likely he's really pissed at what PG is doing to him and the show which didn't surprise me in the least. Today one of my customers checked his website and apparently he just changed the show dateS to the show day of Saturday 10/24 ONLY and didn't make mention of the NO LIVE AMMO restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom