• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    There are several I would like to add but are not Maryland legal, namely a M1A1.

Granted, not a real M1 but I lust after the Springfield M1A Standard.

I was lucky and grabbed one of these in the "loaded" configuration with the walnut stock before MD ruined the party. It's absolutely one of my favorites.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Surprisingly the hardest puppy to find will be the pre-war MAB D. All the others on your short list are available (with the right amount of coin). Took me quite a while to get my MAB. Not unlike the FN 1922. So many German issue examples, very few pre-war French, Belgian or other contracts (Dutch contract being maybe the only exception, those are out there and not a fortune).
    With you on the sniper variants. Don't know why I've never found them all that exciting or worth the chase.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Surprisingly the hardest puppy to find will be the pre-war MAB D. All the others on your short list are available (with the right amount of coin). Took me quite a while to get my MAB. Not unlike the FN 1922. So many German issue examples, very few pre-war French, Belgian or other contracts (Dutch contract being maybe the only exception, those are out there and not a fortune).
    With you on the sniper variants. Don't know why I've never found them all that exciting or worth the chase.
    I have been casually looking for a MAB-D for a couple of months and have yet to come across one that fits the bill.

If it comes down to it, I may have to settle for ones with Waffenamt markings.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I have been casually looking for a MAB-D for a couple of months and have yet to come across one that fits the bill.

If it comes down to it, I may have to settle for ones with Waffenamt markings.
    German issued MAB Ds are getting hard to find for less than $1k. Pre-war examples are out there but so hard to find. The good news is that most of the time they can be had for cheap because they get lost in the post-war flotsam. You just need to keep an eye on the SN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom