• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    I'm going to a Halloween party tonight at a friends house and I'm going as a Border Patrol Agent. I didn't have time to try and find a fake gun for my costume. My friend said to just use one my handguns unloaded while I'm at the party.

My question is can I carry at my friends house with his permission on his property?

Again it will be for the party and unloaded.Will not even have ammo with me.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Unless you are a "bona fide" collector (have a C&R or are a MD designated collector) showing off part of your "collection", transporting to their house being legal is iffy at best. At the least, be sure it is in an enclosed holster or an enclosed case when transporting.

If the handgun is an antique or an antique replica, then the transport law does not apply.
    Examples of antiques are cap and ball revolvers or any handgun made before 1899. Not too many look modern enough to fit in well with your costume though.

I am not a lawyer, but in the handgun transport/possesion law 4-201 to 4-203 antique handguns are excluded and the only places or purposes the rest of "handguns" not antiques are allowed are laid as being legal to transport to. Except for collectors for a private showing, generally transporting to your friend's house is not included.

Once there though, I believe 3rdRcn is correct and you can carry on their property with their permission.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just my opinion, but that's a bad idea. I take it there will be alcohol at this party!
    God knows what could happen. I would not do that, but hey it's you gun and your choice.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Unless you are a "bona fide" collector (have a C&R or are a MD designated collector) showing off part of your "collection", transporting to their house being legal is iffy at best. At the least, be sure it is in an enclosed holster or an enclosed case when transporting.

If the handgun is an antique or an antique replica, then the transport law does not apply.
    Examples of antiques are cap and ball revolvers or any handgun made before 1899. Not too many look modern enough to fit in well with your costume though.

I am not a lawyer, but in the handgun transport/possesion law 4-201 to 4-203 antique handguns are excluded and the only places or purposes the rest of "handguns" not antiques are allowed are laid as being legal to transport to. Except for collectors for a private showing, generally transporting to your friend's house is not included.

Once there though, I believe 3rdRcn is correct and you can carry on their property with their permission.

I have a C&R and MD designated collector. If I decide to do it I will lock it in the case just as I would if going to the range.

Just my opinion, but that's a bad idea. I take it there will be alcohol at this party!
    God knows what could happen. I would not do that, but hey it's you gun and your choice.

As stated no ammo in the gun or house. The gun is no more dangerous than anything else in the house that you could throw. And I'm not drinking tonight I pulled DD duty this year!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I would highly recommend disabling the handgun as well (if's it's a semi auto, strip it and leave the barrel at home, etc). If a disgruntled neighbor makes a noise complaint, you don't want to stick out too much....

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Thanks for the reply's guys. My bro-in-law just called me he has a Glock airsoft gun that he bought a couple weeks ago at the flea market that he is going to let me use.
    I feel a lot better with that then one of my handguns too!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks for the reply's guys. My bro-in-law just called me he has a Glock airsoft gun that he bought a couple weeks ago at the flea market that he is going to let me use.
    I feel a lot better with that then one of my handguns too!

That's the better choice. I agree with the general consensus, you could do this, but I would want to pull either the firing pin or the barrel... something, so that it just couldn't be used by someone else under any circumstance.

Mark

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

We all know that people are under no obligation to obey unconstitutional laws. So I'm gonna go saw off some shotgun barrels and convert some AR lowers to FA (Just kidding Mr. ATF agent :toothless)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    We all know that people are under no obligation to obey unconstitutional laws. So I'm gonna go saw off some shotgun barrels and convert some AR lowers to FA (Just kidding Mr. ATF agent :toothless)

You can saw off all the shotgun barrels and convert all the lowers to full auto without a tax stamp as I understand it.....you just have to travel at least 12 to 24 nautical miles out to sea first. ;)

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    You can saw off all the shotgun barrels and convert all the lowers to full auto without a tax stamp as I understand it.....you just have to travel at least 12 to 24 nautical miles out to sea first. ;)

Yeah and throw the barrel in the water when you are finished. Or dissassemble the full auto before coming back.

S.A.M.G.

Nov 7, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    unloaded or loaded its still a firearm. I dont think its a good idea to carry a sidearm to a party. I usually try to exceed the rule. If i even have to take anything the shop I get a breech lock cable that goes down the barrel and through the breech.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think it's a bad idea too, unless you know everyone at the party there could be someone who doesn't think it's funny, or calls the cops because they think it's a loaded gun.

I thought about doing this too, but I decided against it because of that very reason, I can't assume everyone will know it's not loaded and be ok with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom