• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    No, I had 53 I ordered personally about a year ago and I never did the paperwork.

On a seperate note not related to ME, Scott has lowers but they arent the price MDS Members are willing to pay.

Well done sir,
    So is it Harvard, or Yale for the kids college?

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Was in 2A yesterday; Mark says they are running about two weeks right now for responses. Busy. Very busy. Believe they still had a SIG MK25, but I could be mistaken.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well done sir,
    So is it Harvard, or Yale for the kids college?

:D

2 will likely join the Service, one has the desire to attend a good College, and one is too young to gauge yet.

I actually just got them for them to have something in case the worst happens and things are banned. I wish my Grandparents had swooped away 10 Colt M16's in 1985 for me.

kingstrider

Dec 10, 2011
    I called Atlantic yesterday about a transfer and the guy said they had stopped doing them due to a backlog of paperwork. Oh well, I'll look elsewhere.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Maybe we are just lucky, but I just got a slew of not disapproved responses on Friday that took exactly 9 business days from submission.

My hopes are not good for the ones I submitted the same day. Anybody needing transfers, we would be glad to help in most cases.

Phil4502

Jul 31, 2011
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Waiting on day 16 now. I understand the holidays and all, but this back log is nuts. Guess the have Mva employees working on the paperwork. I joke. Would like my pistol soon. The Gun shop is being patient with me calling every couple days. Here's hoping they get this done and taken care of soon.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So what is the law? The "not disapproved" or the 7 day wait? Why are rights compromised because the state can't handle their own regulations. This sets a precedent for future, deliberate encroachments on our rights.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So what is the law? The "not disapproved" or the 7 day wait? Why are rights compromised because the state can't handle their own regulations. This sets a precedent for future, deliberate encroachments on our rights.

Theres another thread on this. There is other Federal Law that has to be followed by a FFL.

Non NTN/NICS #, no gun.

The MSP does the checks for handguns to the NIC Center. If a MD FFL Tris to bypass this the NICS Center will deny the transaction. If a FFL releases a Firearm to other than a FFL/Manufacturer and dosent have a NTN/NICS# then they will be hit with violations that can lead to a loss of the FFL.

I have seen it happen.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    What bothers me most about all this is the impatient pansies getting their panties in a bunch because "their rights are being infringed on" or the MSP is "deliberately doing this"

REALLY PEOPLE?? Get a freaking clue

Lets put it in perspective, you walk into a burger joint and this is the only burger joint in the whole state, it's been the only burger joint in the whole state for YEARS and suddenly there is a beef shortage and everyone suddenly wants a burger before the beef runs out, so you go stand in line at the burger joint with 3 people flipping burgers, now these are the same three people that have been cooking burgers for years and you stand there and bitch because your order is now #6,248 in line when just a month ago you might have been #500 in line and that was OK

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What bothers me most about all this is the impatient pansies getting their panties in a bunch because "their rights are being infringed on" or the MSP is "deliberately doing this"

Lets put it in perspective, you walk into a burger joint and this is the only burger joint in the whole state, it's been the only burger joint in the whole state for YEARS and suddenly there is a beef shortage and everyone suddenly wants a burger before the beef runs out, so you go stand in line at the burger joint with 3 people flipping burgers, now these are the same three people that have been cooking burgers for years and you stand there and bitch because your order is now #6,248 in line when just a month ago you might have been #500 in line and that was OK

You have no right to a fatty burger;)

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD

Ya... but at least the Burger joint in your analogy is actually providing some tangible good. The only the MSP provides is a bottleneck by forcing everyone to go through them. If they made the same resources available online then they could make the FFL's do the checks thereby distributing the workload and just audit the FFL's to make sure they were doing them correctly.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Ya... but at least the Burger joint in your analogy is actually providing some tangible good. The only the MSP provides is a bottleneck by forcing everyone to go through them. If they made the same resources available online then they could make the FFL's do the checks thereby distributing the workload and just audit the FFL's to make sure they were doing them correctly.

That would make sense, and we live in MD....good luck with that pipe dream

Also I would wager if that were to happen, application fees would go up because of the infrastructure required to provide a secure system to do what you say...then there would be countless threads here on how the state is screwing us on fees even if it was a modest increase

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That would make sense, and we live in MD....good luck with that pipe dream

Also I would wager if that were to happen, application fees would go up because of the infrastructure required to provide a secure system do do what you say...then there would be countless threads here on how the state is screwing us on fees even if it was a modest increase

This man gets it. :thumbsup:

The only way the process wil be sped up is if its all done electronically and guess what, that means all the MD Dealers will have to have Point of Sale Terminals to do paperwork on. Busy shops will have to buy multiple units if they dont want lines behind the terminal.

This will cause MORE overhead for the dealers, and then people will complain saying the MSP is storing all of the data electronically. This will increase cost across the board for buyers which again will make them complain.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Remember when they used to charge you to exercise your right to vote? I mean it costs money to buy electronic voting machines also.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

There are several flaws to your post.

First private enterprise and .gov are different. The buyer has a option to go get a chicken sandwich or a salad....there is no other option in this case.

Second there are many states that get the same backround check done almost on the spot in 99% of the sales.

If MD hadnt legislated their way into this whole there wouldnt be an issue.

As for funding...just take it out of the transportation fund...everyone else does.

I have nearly $1,000 sitting in a FFL's safe right now and has been for the last 2 months because of stupid non sensical laws. These laws are insane and if the state cant hold up their part the laws need to be changed so that buyers can get their guns either with in 7 days or sooner with a instant check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom