• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I disagree to some extent.

9/11. Call of Duty. Zombies. Democrats.
    These four things make new gun owners out of young folks every day.

But will they vote accordingly? Will they attend school board meetings to kick out anti gun board members, principals, and superintendents? Will they become lawyers and judges, the latter to start ruling with us instead of constantly with the anti gun legal status quo?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    But will they vote accordingly? Will they attend school board meetings to kick out anti gun board members, principals, and superintendents? Will they become lawyers and judges, the latter to start ruling with us instead of constantly with the anti gun legal status quo?

They will if we force them to. How? By demanding that they become citizens. How by not tolerating them if they don't. They crave respect -- provide a path to respectability and they will take it-- but on your terms. Pull them -- do not push them. All carrot very little stick.

I does work- it is slow but sure. We only need a 5% swing.. It can be done.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The gun movement is stronger now than ever. NRA has more members, gun sales are through the roof, new 20something gun owners are appearing out of nowhere, the SCOTUS is kicking the ass of gun grabbers, etc. Shooting, and firearms in general are not going anywhere for a long long time.

Even at the national level, the gun debate has now changed from banning so called assault weapons to working on mental health issues. Yes, there are pockets of anti-gun people that want to ban all guns but don’t let the vocal minority fool you, gun grabbers are losing and at worst, the majority of young people don’t give a crap if you have guns while at best many young people are gun owners.

Really, all that video contained was an old guy complaining about young people, aka, something that literally every single generation has done for all of time.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The gun movement is stronger now than ever. NRA has more members, gun sales are through the roof, new 20something gun owners are appearing out of nowhere, the SCOTUS is kicking the ass of gun grabbers, etc. Shooting, and firearms in general are not going anywhere for a long long time.

Even at the national level, the gun debate has now changed from banning so called assault weapons to working on mental health issues. Yes, there are pockets of anti-gun people that want to ban all guns but don’t let the vocal minority fool you, gun grabbers are losing and at worst, the majority of young people don’t give a crap if you have guns while at best many young people are gun owners.

Really, all that video contained was an old guy complaining about young people, aka, something that literally every single generation has done for all of time.

That 'old guy' did more for his generation and generations after, including for those not of his race, than any other 2A advocate since. He wasn't complaining, he was pointing out a fact ... a fact that is becoming clearer with every passing day.

It's not the 20-somethings I'm worried about. They've made their decision already. But they aren't the next two generations. While WE extoll and protect 2A, K-12 school kids are being fed a steady diet of PC anti-gun BS as evidenced by the companion OP article from GunsSaveLives. I know that the parents of younger kids here on MDS are educating them regarding 2A, but what about challenging the school system to do the same for the other 90% ? IF the schools are truely 'educating', shouldn't they counter the 'fear factor' with 2A facts ? Not 'gun facts' but facts about The Bill of Rights and why the Second Amendment is the Second Amendment, and the importance of recent SCOTUS decisions that back it up.

Or better still, volunteer to help when the call is put out for volunteers and mentors in a youth outreach campaign ... {dropping a hint of future doins'}

I could go on and on, but I want ideas and volunteers to spred the good word, and help counter the hysteria-fueled PC BS.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

I'm a politically active 25 year-old. There's plenty of others here younger. Will they keep their eyes on their representatives? Who knows. One thing is for sure though: The more people who buy guns, the better. It will be that many more that are angry when attempts are made to restrict or take them.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That 'old guy' did more for his generation and generations after, including for those not of his race, than any other 2A advocate since. He wasn't complaining, he was pointing out a fact ... a fact that is becoming clearer with every passing day.

It's not the 20-somethings I'm worried about. They've made their decision already. But they aren't the next two generations. While WE extoll and protect 2A, K-12 school kids are being fed a steady diet of PC anti-gun BS as evidenced by the companion OP article from GunsSaveLives. I know that the parents of younger kids here on MDS are educating them regarding 2A, but what about challenging the school system to do the same for the other 90% ? IF the schools are truely 'educating', shouldn't they counter the 'fear factor' with 2A facts ? Not 'gun facts' but facts about The Bill of Rights and why the Second Amendment is the Second Amendment, and the importance of recent SCOTUS decisions that back it up.

Or better still, volunteer to help when the call is put out for volunteers and mentors in a youth outreach campaign ... {dropping a hint of future doins'}

I could go on and on, but I want ideas and volunteers to spred the good word, and help counter the hysteria-fueled PC BS.

Project Appleseed.

Talk to me on the flip side.. I have some ideas..

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I think SHTF will happen before then and all this anti-defense nonsense will be null and void. My tinfoil is strong on this one.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    c'mon, I'm technically a Millennial (aka "Generation Y"). I have 1 1/2 jobs and work hard at both. I support 2A wholeheartedly.

I also feed myself and my family with our chickens, fruit trees, garden and homemade bread. I'm hoping to get into beekeeping soon too. It'll take a lot to starve us out.
    You are the exception not who he was talking about. If govt welfare went away include a lot of grants that keep a lot of the left functioning in university some of those govt grants to study are just another form of welfare just better paying welfare. If you stopped that junk the left would die off in a hurry. They would either actually die or they would have to get a real job in the real world and they would finally understand what it means to work for a living.

Thanks
    Robert

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    You are the exception not who he was talking about. If govt welfare went away include a lot of grants that keep a lot of the left functioning in university some of those govt grants to study are just another form of welfare just better paying welfare. If you stopped that junk the left would die off in a hurry. They would either actually die or they would have to get a real job in the real world and they would finally understand what it means to work for a living.

Thanks
    Robert

And a lot of great science would be lost as universities produce a ton of scientific research.

The problem is that someone who wants to do a study on an anti-cancer drug has to compete for money with someone who wants to study homosexual influences in post modern gardening.

I saw one CEO had a great idea. Educational loans and grants should be prioritized based on return on investment with STEM fields getting the bulk.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Agreed, and I have said this several times on this board.

Republicans are there worst own enemy with social policies. The people that they are catering to about gay marriage and birth control are a minority; they are alienating far more young people with these sorts of talks than they are gaining.
    It really seems like too many of them figure they actually profit somehow by losing. It reminds you of something like The Producers, where they actually make more money from a flop than a success.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I don't want to see bloodshed. I want the nation to see the emperor wears no clothes. And by emperor I mean the State/system/machine, whichever term you like. I'd like wakeup call before things get bad.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    The chances of someone picking up a rifle and saying no to the king, is so remote.

Our forefathers had enough with just taxes being levied.

Im sorry to say. We are not our forefathers.

We (as in citizens across the country) have allowed gun bans, gun turn ins.
    Nothing
    We have allowed our troops to fight in undeclared wars
    nothing
    We are now letting the king (federal gov) decide what our children get taught in school with Common Core. A direct violation of the 10th amendment.
    Nothing
    The king states publicly he will use executive orders to go around our elected representatives.
    Nothing.

We have lost our way and our kids yours and mine will suffer.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    The chances of someone picking up a rifle and saying no to the king, is so remote.

Our forefathers had enough with just taxes being levied.

Im sorry to say. We are not our forefathers.

We (as in citizens across the country) have allowed gun bans, gun turn ins.
    Nothing
    We have allowed our troops to fight in undeclared wars
    nothing
    We are now letting the king (federal gov) decide what our children get taught in school with Common Core. A direct violation of the 10th amendment.
    Nothing
    The king states publicly he will use executive orders to go around our elected representatives.
    Nothing.

We have lost our way and our kids yours and mine will suffer.

Not to mention that the when the Supreme Court wrote law in 1973 (Roe v. Wade), the country didn't revolt. We are not only not our forefathers, we aren't even our grandfathers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom