• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    we all watched shark week, bulls are bad ass,we have been seeing them for years even at the wicomico public peir when i was a kid all the way up till last year. im pritty sure i have seen a few will bowfishing for stingrays this year. i dont get in the water but at the same time, i wont be worried until there is a unexplained shortage of immigrants at the beaches.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I love seeing the expression on people's faces when fishermen reel in a shark on the beach at Ocean City, just hours after people have stopped swimming. The last time I was there a guy pulled in a small 4' Hammerhead. Judging by the reactions of the people walking up and down the beach, you would have thought he just caught Jaws.

Shark, Great White 467 lbs. Jack Holmes 6/11/1992 Ocean City
    Shark, Mako 876 lbs. Jim Hughes 6/20/2009 Poormans Canyon
    Shark, Tiger 1,210 lbs. Grace Czerniak 7/9/1983 Ocean City

These three in addition to the bull sharks are the critters I would worry about.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Now I am worried. All of this makes us prime candidates for Shark-Nado Part 2!

Well, they could combine bad sci-fi concepts and have a hybrid shark/snakehead tornado apocalypse brought on by Algore-brand global warming.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Seems they were just chasing baitfish into the pound nets. There's tons of sharks in the bay, everybody just wants to pretend there aren't. What will impress me is the first guy out livelining for stripers that brings one of these in on a hook and line.
    hows to say they havent been hooking them hook and line? most arent set up to handle a shark around here. non of the asian guys i see on the peirs have 12/0 reels and steel cable.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    As a kid, we used to watch hammerheads swimming around the fishing pier in Va Beach. As both a commercial and recreational diver. I have photographed sharks all over the East Coast and Caribbean Sea. Not once have I ever been scared. I admit that I've never observed a Great White in person. I complained to Peter Benchly when JAWS came out, he made it hard to attract new divers to classes.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Hahahaha! Read the article . . . "the three finally got a rope around the shark's head, he said. It took four shots from a .357-caliber Magnum handgun to kill it."

Now not to be a kill joy, but try carrying a .357 nowadays on a boat (a vehicle by statute) inland Maryalnd waters, without getting arrested. I can only imagine if this happened today the three guys would have been arrested for discharging a firearm on the open waters of the Bay, polluting by dispersing lead over a coastal water, and a DNR citation for catching a Bull Shark out of season!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    No need to worry about safety, the Montgomery County delegation is going to introduce a bill to make shark attacks illegal next session. And if that doesn't work, they're going to go a step further and make it twice as illegal the following year, with no possibility of PBJ's for sharks that attack. That will solve everything. :thumbsup:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Catching a shark takes the right bait. Sometimes, the catch becomes the bait

Oh, there are Sand Tigers out in the Bay too

Shark+Eat+Shark+UDel+ORB+Lab.jpg

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    No need to worry about safety, the Montgomery County delegation is going to introduce a bill to make shark attacks illegal next session. And if that doesn't work, they're going to go a step further and make it twice as illegal the following year, with no possibility of PBJ's for sharks that attack. That will solve everything. :thumbsup:

They should require every shark have a shark qualification license and ban assault sharks.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    They should require every shark have a shark qualification license and ban assault sharks.

:lol: And don't forget, this is for the children, who can now (after the legislation passes) feel free to fill their bathing suits with sand as they make like shark bait in shallows! :lol: "Go'in to drag'em to the shallows and dround'em" - said Quint the half-eaten shark fisherman! BTW lets not start school in mid-August, but rather after the Labor Day weekend so all the families and the children can go to the beach an stimulate the economy, and make like shark
    bait! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom