• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Minuteman, you might as well just click the back button now, because I paid more than $30 for these knives and I know how you feel about folks who like knives that last longer than 2 seasons of real hunting use. ;)

Now, for those of you who aren't trolls, I got my Ingrams in on Friday.

Slim (bottom) and Lite Skinner (top), S30V, black linen Micarta:

Ingrams.jpg

They compliment the Charles May Bird & Trout II quite nicely (S30V, green micarta):

Customs.jpg

Closeup of the scales on the May:

MayHandleCloseup.jpg

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Minuteman, you might as well just click the back button now, because I paid more than $30 for these knives and I know how you feel about folks who like knives that last longer than 2 seasons of real hunting use. ;)

Now, for those of you who aren't trolls, I got my Ingrams in on Friday.

Slim (bottom) and Lite Skinner (top), S30V, black linen Micarta:

Ingrams.jpg

They compliment the Charles May Bird & Trout II quite nicely (S30V, green micarta):

Customs.jpg

Closeup of the scales on the May:

MayHandleCloseup.jpg

Don't know much about the Ingrams, and although they look good, I'm liking that May Bird & Trout. Very nice.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    They didn't come with a butcher block? LOL Sorry. Those just look way too much like kitchen knives to me. LOL

Yeah I used to think that the guthook-equipped abortions being shilled on so-called "hunting shows" and found on the clearance rack at bass pro were the best durned knahves in the whole wide world too. Then I got ahold of a knife built for use, not marketing, and the fact it holds an edge through gutting skinning and quartering multiple deer and hogs, balances perfectly in the hand, and is easy peasy for cleanup sure does trump the **** out of everything else.

Maybe someday you'll learn, though I'm not holding my breath.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Mosaic pins. Love em, but decided to go a little more K.I.S.S. on the duo. Will likely have mosaics on the Tallaha I get from Charlie.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Yeah I used to think that the guthook-equipped abortions being shilled on so-called "hunting shows" and found on the clearance rack at bass pro were the best durned knahves in the whole wide world too. Then I got ahold of a knife built for use, not marketing, and the fact it holds an edge through gutting skinning and quartering multiple deer and hogs, balances perfectly in the hand, and is easy peasy for cleanup sure does trump the **** out of everything else.

Reeeeeeeer... Someone's defensive.

I have no problems with a quality knife. I carry a $60 Benchmade folder in my pocket every day. Is it super $$? No. But it's nicer then what you can buy at a Walmart.

I just don't like the styling of the knives you posted. The silver rivets in the black handles just scream Steak Knife imo. I prefer something either with a more classical styling (like the traditional Buck folders) or something more blacked out and "tactical" with a blacked out blade and rubberized handle. Just personal preference.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Reeeeeeeer... Someone's defensive.

I have no problems with a quality knife. I carry a $60 Benchmade folder in my pocket every day. Is it super $$? No. But it's nicer then what you can buy at a Walmart.

I just don't like the styling of the knives you posted. The silver rivets in the black handles just scream Steak Knife imo. I prefer something either with a more classical styling (like the traditional Buck folders) or something more blacked out and "tactical" with a blacked out blade and rubberized handle. Just personal preference.

That's fine with me. Someone has to like the chink-made shit, lest china's economy visit the toilet bowl for good.

More real knives for those of us who know better.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's

She said she was on the pill. Don't hate.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Good looking knives. With as defensive as you were being, I was expecting them to be outrageously priced, but they're not too bad. I really like the skinner. The "Hippo" looks like a really handy blade, too.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Good looking knives. With as defensive as you were being, I was expecting them to be outrageously priced, but they're not too bad. I really like the skinner. The "Hippo" looks like a really handy blade, too.

nah, i've just seen minuteman's posts in other threads (to the point where the OP had had enough of his crap and deleted all his pics/posts) lambasting anyone for spending more than 40-50 bucks on a knife.

if he doesn't wanna spend much that's fine, but to hang someone else out to dry just because they can and do, that's just uncalled for. my disclaimer was in the spirit of fire with fire and all that nonsense. ;)

i'm happy to let someone use one (or at least fondle it for a while) so they can see just how much they're worth the price. (lots of people rag on that with which they have no experience, which may well be the case here) granted i'm limiting myself to no more than 300 for a single knife, but that's my own choice and i won't go yelling at someone cause they spent $2k on something. it's that person's money, they're free to spend it as they wish. :)

i'm serious about the invite though; anyone who wants to finger-fark it is welcome to. i'm near bodymore.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Really nice knives.

I have been looking to upgrade my worn out and pain in the arse Gerber. I want to go hand made and not production for something I can pass on to my son or daughter. Thanks for turning me on to Gene Ingram

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Very impressive craftsmanship on these skinning knives, and his choice of blade steels(s30v and d2) are top notch. If I was a hunter these would be a great choice. I was given a handmade knife by a Native American Cherokee Chief, he said he made it himself and the blade shape and style are very similar to your largest Ingram knife. These type of knives were made to work and work well.

May 25, 2009
    I've spent hundreds on knives that I will not likely use. Sometimes, regardless of price, you just gotta have it. Same goes for guns. Most of us don't NEED tricked out, expensive guns. But that doesn't mean they aren't fun to own.

I LOVE, the pins. Such a cool little detail. And the subtle finger grooves...Beautiful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom