• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    There are hundreds of issues, 2A being only one.

There is only ONE issue that will win this for Hogan, and that is taxes. Income taxes, rain tax, and everything else, but it is taxes that can make a Dem on the fence consider a vote for a Rep.

Reps lose every time they stray from that simple fact. Hogan is trying to stay on message. We should not encourage him to make comments that give Dems a chance to change the topic of conversation.

This same advice holds for every other Rep running for office. Stay on message, and hammer it home with every communication.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Got this in the mail today from the MD Democratic Party

%5BUNSET%5D

Isn't that cute...

If you're not a raging Progressive, you're "backward".

DANGEROUS, even!!

These are the tactics of a party in retrenchment, IMO. The Ds know they are up against an increasingly aware electorate, so it's time to break out the fear and hyperbole.

BTW... Where can I get some of those "magazine clips"?? I could really use them to organize my Revolutionary Militia Gun Nut periodicals...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    BTW... Where can I get some of those "magazine clips"?? I could really use them to organize my Revolutionary Militia Gun Nut periodicals...

Magpul started making them a few weeks ago. These folks are on the cutting edge!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Anyone still want to argue Hogan needs to take a strong stand on guns gays and abortion?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Anyone still want to argue Hogan needs to take a strong stand on guns gays and abortion?
    Notice they can't say crap about Taxes (Backwards idea #1) or fleeing business (Backwards idea #3).

That guns are "Backwards idea #7" means it is not that important to people on the D side of the isle as long as the message isn't full frontal in your face. This the Dems trying to make issues out of political mole hills.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Notice they can't say crap about Taxes (Backwards idea #1) or fleeing business (Backwards idea #3).

That guns are "Backwards idea #7" means it is not that important to people on the D side of the isle as long as the message isn't full frontal in your face. This the Dems trying to make issues out of political mole hills.

Exactly. They know they can't beat Hogan on the issues he's running on, and they are mad he hasn't given them the red meat other conservatives give during election season.

Mr H

Banana'd
    My question is this...

Is the use of the reversed letter "K" because:

a) They want to make Larry seem "Commie"
    b) In baseball, it means a strikeout "caught looking"
    c) They just think it's cute and clever

Note also, that this is from the Dem Party, not directly the Brown campaign.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My question is this...

Is the use of the reversed letter "K" because:

a) They want to make Larry seem "Commie"
    b) In baseball, it means a strikeout "caught looking"
    c) They just think it's cute and clever

Note also, that this is from the Dem Party, not directly the Brown campaign.
    Those are sharp ideas on the backward K, but I'd think it was the print designer's idea at c)

Mr H

Banana'd
    "High capacity magazine clips"

Never heard both used at the same time.:lol2:

Pretty common among the uninformed left.

They want to call them "clips", but think we'll shoot them if they don't say "magazine". So they try to stay unperforated while still feeling they're intellectually superior.

;)

It's also hilarious when they randomly insert the word "rounds" into their drivel.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    forget those magazine clips, it's all about the high capacity ammunition.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I had a very nice conversation with Larry last Saturday while at the Seth Howard Fundraiser. I was wearing my MSI shirt and he came over to me to ask if I could do something to take the heat off of him from the 2A community. He flat out said that if he wants to have any chance at winning this election, he can't go far right. He has to reach out to the moderates and conservative Dem's and has to stay with his current message. He did mention that he won't be able to repeal FSA2013 with the current makeup in the GA but that doesn't mean there aren't other things that he CAN do that will help tremendously.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Why look, he's being attacked for his 2A stance anyway. His moderation won't help him pick up a single dem vote, but it will help him lose his base.
    Despite what the media tells you, elections are about turning out your base, not appealing to "undecided voters." But hey, what do I know. Republicans have been winning all over Maryland with their moderate positions. Oh wait, that's right, they haven't been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom