• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    This is such BS. The Democrats can be foaming at the mouth anti-gun, and Republican candidates think that being tepidly pro-2A is the best position to have? In real life, moderate candidates LOSE.
    I'm calling it now. Governor Hogan isn't going to expend even the slightest hint of political capital helping expand second amendment rights in Maryland. He may do things that don't cost him anything (like appointments to office) but beyond that I wouldn't expect anything substantial.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is such BS. The Democrats can be foaming at the mouth anti-gun, and Republican candidates think that being tepidly pro-2A is the best position to have? In real life, moderate candidates LOSE.
    I'm calling it now. Governor Hogan isn't going to expend even the slightest hint of political capital helping expand second amendment rights in Maryland. He may do things that don't cost him anything (like appointments to office) but beyond that I wouldn't expect anything substantial.

So then we end up at a push. If you elect Brown, you can say hello to 7 day waits on long guns, and minimum age of 18.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Hogan isn't acting moderate. He is just picking his fights.

Let's look at the facts:

1.) Progressives believe 2A supporters are NRA devil worshippers who dance on the graves of dead babies.

2.) Annapolis is controlled by a Democratic super majority.

3.) If every Republican in MD voted for Hogan, he would loose.

4.) Repealing SB281 requires passing a bill through item 3.

Would you pick a fight, or stick with what's worked for you?

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Let's look at the facts:

1.) Progressives believe 2A supporters are NRA devil worshippers who dance on the graves of dead babies.

^^^^
    This!

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton

And is is why we can't have nice things. I hate to break I to you but we live in a heavily Blue state. If he remains "moderate" he might get some votes from fence sitters. If he goes all 2A nuts he will lose the fence sisters and give the far left Ds plenty of ammunition against him.
    If you don't go for hogan you WILL get Brown which is exactl what we dont want. Until the entire demographic of MD voters changes being rabidly pro-2A will be a detriment.
    In reality it's not moderate candidates that lose. It's conservative canditaites that lose except in the various conservative strongholds in MD.
    Even if Hogan gets elected and does nothing pro-2A it will be better than the unholy alliance of Brown & Frosh that will spend lots of time and effort eroding the 2A.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If every single Republican in MD voted for Hogan, he would be far from assured a victory.

He needs 1 or 2 things

1.) To reach across the aisle.

2.) To hope for extreme Democratic apathy.

2 is hard when your appealing to the Republican base.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I seriously can't believe this crap.

"I don't trust him, why doesn't he just come out and say it?"

Really? To all the naysayers out there, pull yourselves together. Even IF Hogan is BS-ing us on the 2A issues, do you honestly think Brown will be better, even in non 2A issues?!

It's bad enough living with these tyrannical asshats who run Annapolis, but the defeatists in this crowd truly make it unbearable.

You have two choices come November: Hogan or Brown. Any any vote you cast other that Hogan is a surrender to the Maryland Democrat machine. Period.

Parttime

Sep 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I seriously can't believe this crap.

"I don't trust him, why doesn't he just come out and say it?"

Really? To all the naysayers out there, pull yourselves together. Even IF Hogan is BS-ing us on the 2A issues, do you honestly think Brown will be better, even in non 2A issues?!

It's bad enough living with these tyrannical asshats who run Annapolis, but the defeatists in this crowd truly make it unbearable.

You have two choices come November: Hogan or Brown. Any any vote you cast other that Hogan is a surrender to the Maryland Democrat machine. Period.

^^^^:goodpost:

JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    Some folks just don't get it. It's a very small number of people that only care about 2 A issues. And rightly so. There are many things that need to change here in Maryland. You could have an arch aggressive 2A supporter to feel good about and beat your chest on a message board or you can have someone that can actually win and do something. You CANT have both.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    If you're in a fair fight...your tactics suck.

Hogan's message has been nothing but smart tactics because he is attempting to fight on the wrong side of the unfair fight (2:1 D:R registrations).

While 2A is one of my top two issues, the economy, jobs, money in my pocket is number one this cycle. I work harder, only to be taxed progressively more. Enough is enough. There is a breaking point, and MD is not that far from it.

The one thing that has been interestingly absent from Hogan's campaign is establishment republicans. Ehrlich has been pretty absent, so too has Michael Steele. I've not seen any major other establishment types stumping or parroting for Hogan. I'll take that as a positive.

The race is close; a statistical tie! FFS, let's not torp it ourselves! Think long game here, not short term reward since we live behind tyrannical lines.

FFS No.2, they re-voted a damned amendment in committee that caused Del. Smigiel to outwardly state such action was tyranny! If you give Brown any opportunity to say "SEE! HE'S FOR THOSE CRAZY RACIST GUN OWNERS!" Brown will take it.

To the members who got the time, thanks! The news is encouraging and the medium for it's dissemination is 100% acceptable to me, given the circumstances. Off the record and 100% plausibly deniable. Just the way a smart political tactician would advance his "radical" agenda when someone would misconstrue a public approach.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    :thumbsup:
    If you're in a fair fight...your tactics suck.

Hogan's message has been nothing but smart tactics because he is attempting to fight on the wrong side of the unfair fight (2:1 D:R registrations).

While 2A is one of my top two issues, the economy, jobs, money in my pocket is number one this cycle. I work harder, only to be taxed progressively more. Enough is enough. There is a breaking point, and MD is not that far from it.

The one thing that has been interestingly absent from Hogan's campaign is establishment republicans. Ehrlich has been pretty absent, so too has Michael Steele. I've not seen any major other establishment types stumping or parroting for Hogan. I'll take that as a positive.

The race is close; a statistical tie! FFS, let's not torp it ourselves! Think long game here, not short term reward since we live behind tyrannical lines.

FFS No.2, they re-voted a damned amendment in committee that caused Del. Smigiel to outwardly state such action was tyranny! If you give Brown any opportunity to say "SEE! HE'S FOR THOSE CRAZY RACIST GUN OWNERS!" Brown will take it.

To the members who got the time, thanks! The news is encouraging and the medium for it's dissemination is 100% acceptable to me, given the circumstances. Off the record and 100% plausibly deniable. Just the way a smart political tactician would advance his "radical" agenda when someone would misconstrue a public approach.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If the polls are accurate, Hogan has turned this race into a dead heat. It's amazing what happens when you have a candidate who is smart and passionate about running.

We all know Ehrlich had no real desire to run again.

http://hogn.co/bh

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Got this in the mail today from the MD Democratic Party

%5BUNSET%5D

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    This is what we face

Got this in the mail today from the MD Democratic Party

%5BUNSET%5D

All,

from a political education perspective this is what we face. Ads that literally lie or tell half-truths. They have a LOT of money for this. Even down at the Delegate races. My opponents have created a slate that will be used to send the attack ads. They will try and paint us as elitist, out of touch, etc. They will never discuss what they have done.

I was at a community meeting last night that is up in arms over a Anne Arundel County effort to "modernize" (e.g. bring into code) a working rain wash off. Bottom line they do not need it as current set up is working.

What makes this interesting is that most of these folks voted for the incumbents who made the storm water plan happen, vice applying common sense solutions. We need to get smarter on our candidates and not vote from a 10 second mailer sound bite.

Back to the mailers we need money up and down the races to fight this. They are expensive and the other side (the people taking our rights and money) is way ahead of this and can do these attacks at will. In a perfect world this is not needed as we talk issues and people. Voters then make an informed decision. I have a plan for this once elected.

Help us stop the assault on our rights.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Let's look at the facts:

All due respect - IMHO if EVERY Republican in MD voted, we would sweep the election in a Landslide on every ticket. As only 20% of registered voters actually vote, there is a huge potential if we can figure out how to leverage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom