• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    mechanicsville moose lodge had one this past sunday and there is on 7th district optimist club this coming. not sure if they are every sunday but ridge is i know for sure. been to 2 this year there.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Bel Alton VFD used to have them, but, I think their permit was rejected this time. We don't have Turkey Shoots in Charles County anymore because the County Commissioners have deemed those events as "unsafe". Back in the day there were 20 places to go within 15 miles, now, they don't exist.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    You guys want to get together to do some let me know..would be fun. Usually it's just me and my dad. We are still working on figuring out our chokes though so we just go to hear the guns go off...lol

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    You guys want to get together to do some let me know..would be fun. Usually it's just me and my dad. We are still working on figuring out our chokes though so we just go to hear the guns go off...lol

The Choke is determined by the venue and House Rules. Most every turkey shoot has a fella who has a choke gauge around his neck to make sure everyone is using the same choke. Bel Alton for example only allows Modified choke in every shoot. Determining the choke you use before the event is a complete waste of time. You use what they tell you to use. They also supply the shells, so, trying to pattern your gun with your choke and shells is also a waste of time. You have to shoot "House Shells".

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    We usually go to ridge because dad likes going down there for the drive..I would like to get down to 7D this weekend.

I'm actually in chaptico.

Is this the Moose or AM Leg in Avenue ? Been years since I've been there so I can recall what it is. We use to have a lot of family functions there.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    We usually go to ridge because dad likes going down there for the drive..I would like to get down to 7D this weekend.

I'm actually in chaptico.

Good stuff. I'll have to let you know when my father and I decide to go, maybe we could let a few of the guys on here know and do an unofficial meet up for the somd crew.

I'm over in Dentsville.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    The Choke is determined by the venue and House Rules. Most every turkey shoot has a fella who has a choke gauge around his neck to make sure everyone is using the same choke. Bel Alton for example only allows Modified choke in every shoot. Determining the choke you use before the event is a complete waste of time. You use what they tell you to use. They also supply the shells, so, trying to pattern your gun with your choke and shells is also a waste of time. You have to shoot "House Shells".
    I have a whole bag full of chokes, no problem there! Once I shoot every brand of shell in 6-9 in every choke and document, I think I'll have a good grasp on my pattern.:D

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have a whole bag full of chokes, no problem there! Once I shoot every brand of shell in 6-9 in every choke and document, I think I'll have a good grasp on my pattern.:D

I hear ya. Just make sure you go in there with the right size choke or you'll be made to change the choke and that will screw up your whole game plan.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    American Legion Post 238
    Big Foot Trap Club
    Loveville, MD 20650
    (301) 274-3522
    http://alpost238.com/
    Forum user: dhamblin October thru June @ 1 pm
    STOCK - 12ga 7-1/2 & 8 @ 80 ft
    Limits - 36" BBL/.675 choke
    Meat and money rounds.