• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    I am looking for a semi auto 12 gauge to go turkey hunting with. I also plan on going duck/goose hunting one to two times per year. I went to basspro to look at the benelli SBEII and the Beretta xtrema. I like both but the cheek test on the SBE felt better (I want to buy a gun with the least recoil as I am not very big and if I go duck hunting I could be shooting a lot). The salesperson then mentioned Franchi. I asked if I could buy the recoil reducing stock on try SBE and put it on the Franchi. He was not sure. Does anyone know if I can buy the stock separately and semi easily put it on the Franchi and if so will it saver enough (if anything) to make it worth while. It is hard for me to rationalize a $1600 gun plus tax wen I have been using a 20g 870 I bought with two barrels for about $350 for deer hunting. I know, buy once cry once.
    Any suggestions? I have looked used but they don't come up often and wen they do they are only a couple of hundred dollars cheaper and for that amount of savings I would buy new.
    Any other quality guns with good recoil reduction that anyone can recommend?
    Lastly, do I really need a camo gun for turkey/duck/goose hunting, my 870 is flat green/black and it works fine.
    Thanks for the help and pardon my ignorance if these questions are dumb.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I just bought a duck blind camo Browning Maxus from Tombstone Tactical for under a thousand shipped.

Travism30

Mar 31, 2007
    I have a Benelli Super Vinci. I like it alot. It seems like whenever your spending that amount of money nothing is a bad choice.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have been hunting with a Benelli SBE for 16 years now. It still works fine and recoil isn't really an issue for me even with the 3.5" shells. I am 5' 8" and 160 pounds (normally 150 pounds) and recoil hasn't been an issue. Granted, I don't find myself shooting tons and tons of shells out of the gun because I shoot somewhat decently. For instance, my 15 dove limit was done in September on less than 2 boxes of shells and sometimes on less than 2 shells per downed bird. Went goose hunting in November and after boom, boom, I had my 2 bird limit.

I used to shoot a Browning BPS for doves and waterfowl. Then started using an o/u and noticed I was hitting the birds a lot better and hitting doubles a lot more often when I didn't have to pump the gun. Took the two guns to the skeet range and confirmed that I was just horrid with the pump. Mind you, some people can shoot a pump just fine. Tried my friend's Benelli SBE and Ithaca 10 gauge and decided on the SBE. Have not regretted that decision at all. However, I am thinking about upgrading to the Super Vinci just because I like the new recoil system and I feel like spending money. lol

Will probably talk myself into a different gun of some sort instead of getting one that just duplicates what I already have in the safe.

If I were in your shoes, I would buy the Benelli Super Vinci and just call it a day. The Beretta Xtrema is a good gun too, but it is gas operated and my Beretta 391 is a PITA to clean compared to my Benelli SBE. Ease of cleaning is the only reason I would pick the Benelli over the Beretta. Everything else is about the same.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If you find one somewhere take a look at the Winchester SX3 (super X3). Very soft shooting. I've had mine for 6 years now.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Didn't see it on their site but it may be a local sale at BP. Here is mine with the 10 round resident goose extension tube.

Attachments

• SX3goose10.jpg
      SX3goose10.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 111

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Thanks for the input. Does anyone know if I can buy the stock from the sbe2 and put it on a franchi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom