• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I'm with teratos, I think we will be granted the injunction, everything that is said in the brief is true, and they have created a de facto ban on handgun sales, which the court has ruled several times are legal.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'm with teratos, I think we will be granted the injunction, everything that is said in the brief is true, and they have created a de facto ban on handgun sales, which the court has ruled several times are legal.

I hope whatever we get will allow me to purchase another black rifle, lol

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Which makes it un-Constitutional as taxes must originate in the House and Obamacare originated in the senate.........:innocent0

Nah, the Supremes used magical thinking to reinterpret the law as a tax and then rubber-stamped it "Constitutional"!

Back on topic: If we get an injunction, we must all celebrate (read: thumb our noses at the domestic enemy Martin O'Malley) by going out and buying another pistol or EBR! I'm going to visit Lou and get a G30SF.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Losing fast in the lower courts gets us to the big court faster. And we all know that we want these issues before SCOTUS before the make-up changes. So even being screwed could be a blessing as long as it happens quickly.

Unless your name is Palmer.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I believe this is the "banned items" hearing. I haven't heard anything about the HQL case having been scheduled.

But, I may have missed it.

Yes We all need our spreadsheet to keep track of all the cases.
    The Tuesday hearing before Blake is the Shawn Tardy vs OMalley case primarily about banning "Regulated Long Guns" etc.

The other case is Jane Doe vs OMalley which is primarily about the HQL effectively banning handgun sales and being a burden. This case will also come before the same Judge. Judge Catherine C. Blake

Both cases have several other facets and contain other points of law. For example privileged classes, people with disabilities, effecting commerce, and so on.

There are a couple lawsuits from before that haven't been resolved and there will probably more coming. Can't tell the lawsuits without a program. Get your program here.

Last edited:

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    The Tuesday hearing before Blake is the Shawn Tardy vs OMalley case primarily about banning "Regulated Long Guns" etc.

The other case is Jane Doe vs OMalley which is primarily about the HQL effectively banning handgun sales and being a burden.

Both cases have several other facets and contain other points of law. For example privileged classes, people with disabilities, effecting commerce, and so on.

There are a couple lawsuits from before that haven't been resolved and there will probably more coming. Can't tell the lawsuits without a program. Get your program here.

Interesting to see people with disabilities being listed - to me their is the case to be made for more than 10 rounds - difficult for some (senior citizens/people with disabilities) to quickly reload if needed.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    The case on the banned firearms is the BIG one. Other states in the past have implemented some form of magazine limit, ammo license, handgun license, feature test, etc. But very few states (New Jersey and now New York) have done an outright ban on so many firearms, even California doesn't ban AR-15's and AK-47's outright, they just make you modify them to complete stupidity. The reason they do this is because they know it'll have a better chance in court then an outright ban. Where as the STATE of Maryland; not some city or district (e.g. Washington D.C. and Chicago), has done a complete and utter ban on 45+ "assault weapons", which with the ruling from Heller, is still up in the air on whether the courts see it as constitutional or not. This lawsuit at the very least will be historic. Hopefully it will stop in Maryland with an injunction... fingers crossed!

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick

The other case is Jane Doe vs OMalley which is primarily about the HQL effectively banning handgun sales and being a burden. This case will also come before the same Judge. Judge Catherine C. Blake

Does anyone know if the congress doesn't pass the CR if the courts will be open for business on Tuesday? I know some provisions are made to pay the military but don't recall an allowance for the courts.

---
    Shamr0ck

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Does anyone know if the congress doesn't pass the CR if the courts will be open for business on Tuesday? I know some provisions are made to pay the military but don't recall an allowance for the courts.

---
    Shamr0ck

If the government "shuts down" it will take a couple weeks to implement fully and even then we'll not know the full extent for even more weeks. So we're good, a ruling on Tuesday is going to happen.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I think the TRO is going to be tough to turn down.

- Firearm ownership is a Civil Right. It is protected not only by the Constitution, but by the original Bill of Rights.
    - Heller and McDonald upheld the 2A as an individual Right, and Heller gave us the "common use" test.
    - At this point, after October 1, it will not be possible for anyone to purchase a handgun in Maryland at all. It amounts to a ban on handguns.

Even for a liberal, how do you say this is OK without looking like a total illiterate ass? Judges don't like to get their pee-pees spanked by the higher courts, and this is not something that can pass Constitutional muster, no matter what Mr. Gansler says....
    I hope you're right about the TRO, Doc, but since at some point, Maryland will have this B. S. HQL up and running so since it would only be a temporary ban, the judge may balk at the TRO (damn her eyes if she does).

Come on now, gentlemen, what's with all the negativism?

We are talking about a Federal Judge, surely she'll be fair and impartial in her decision.
    Like the 4th CA in Richmond with Judge Legg's decision. :sad20:

I hope you and the Doc are right. :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Interesting to see people with disabilities being listed - to me their is the case to be made for more than 10 rounds - difficult for some (senior citizens/people with disabilities) to quickly reload if needed.

You should have been in Annapolis when the one armed, Glock owning Veteran came up.

It was, as a Veteran, very difficult to listen to.

The whole jist of the conversation was that a one armed man should be allowed a waiver to posess a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds because reloading would be almost impossible.

The idea was shot down of course.

It's why I hate Liberals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom