• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Yeah I'm sure it's okay for men to lose there mind over one incident when it's many more to go. I am not frustrated at all, it's a process. Untill there's Nomore options losing your minds and pouting is unnecessary and quite frankly not manly. I suggest these doom and gloom folks to man up and get back in the fight mentally.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Parties are due in court again on Thursday to schedule another date.

Sent from my hacked mobile device of destiny.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    The perfect plaintiff, as it was pointed out to me, would have been someone who turned 21 on Oct. 1.

HOLY HELL! I know a kid on another forum that turns 21 tomorrow. He's been pretty upset about not being able to buy a regulated rifle or handgun.

There's a guy on this forum in this scenario (turns 21 tomorrow I think) and was asking about HQL.

I know you cant add plaintiffs but he may make a good witness (if it works that way).

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The perfect plaintiff, as it was pointed out to me, would have been someone who turned 21 on Oct. 1.

HOLY HELL! I know a kid on another forum that turns 21 tomorrow. He's been pretty upset about not being able to buy a regulated rifle or handgun.

There's a guy on this forum in this scenario (turns 21 tomorrow I think) and was asking about HQL.

I know you cant add plaintiffs but he may make a good witness (if it works that way).

:D Maybe I got a better one

our son turns 21 next Thursday and is in the Air Force he won't be able to bring his toys home if he ETS' .

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    reading and thinking some more last night and some of the chess maneuvers are becoming more apparant.

woollard-you don't need a handgun, you have a right to carry long guns
    awb-you dont need long guns because only handguns are protected
    hql-making it impossible to get handguns is a reasonable restriction, because you can still get a long gun same day

if you don't see it, then you dont see it.

Give it time guys, we've only been in court for ten minutes. we need to give the state more time to find enough rope to hang themselves.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I believe that if he buys a now banned firearm, purchased after 10/1/13 out of state, he cannot bring it back to MD when he returns.

or if he is still under 21 and bought it before oct 1st using his "orders" in another state

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As I mentioned the first day this suit was issued, this judge is a Liberal and will NOT block the new law.

Fair enough. What will happen when it gets to the 4th Circuit? The problem with the line of thinking of many here is that this is it.....there is nothing after these hearings. What we asked for yesterday was a TRO. Those are very difficult to get. It is what should have been done. It was denied. We pick up and move on. It may well be that we get nowhere in these first rounds of hearings. This is uncharted legal territory. One only need look at the history of Heller to understand how this can potentially play out in the long run.

Settle in for a long journey.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    What kind of timeline can we expect? I understand Thursday they will schedule a date for the hearing. How long can be expected throughout the first steps? Will it likely be heard this month? By the end of the year? Will the injunction be placed or denied in just one hearing or is it something that may take months to be decided? Anyone have a generalized timeline on how this stuff usually goes?

This is not aimed at you just an in general as I see how liberals think. Had we asked 2 weeks ago or even months ago, I'm pretty sure it would have been said it's too early we have to wait till the October 1st date is closer. Maybe I'm off base here but liberals love to do an end around to make things look more confusing. You'll never win with a liberal that's why they can never give a direct answer. No matter if we had all the Ts crossed and the Is dotted there would have been something in that judge's eyes that wasn't done to the letter of the law to get her off the hook, no matter how stupid it sounds to us. Surprising how her saying that pretty much echos the remark from gansler saying that the suit was filed too late.

After the voting recount and back room shenanigans from earlier this year when it comes to this state nothing surprises me anymore.

Lawsuits are still on. Judge just said, "you can't ask me to suddenly stop this when you could have asked 2 weeks ago... or even months."

Ripfubar

Dec 29, 2011
    CSC
    IMO & IANAL (obviously)

Big picture? All the way to the SCOTUS. No matter what, it is and was always going to be decided at their door or on their bench. No matter who wins or won at any point along the line the losing party is always going to appeal it up. That's it in a nut shell. Cases like this take years and decades to get to the court even without obstacles and shenanigans. It is incredibly likely 4/5 of these justices won't even be there by then.

So, in the end, it comes down to the ballot box!!!! Our first chance is with the MD legislature (dino, dino, dino) and repealing the law, which is the "short term". The second is insuring there is a president who will appoint 2A friendly justices, obviously longer term.

Obviously a tough row to hoe and not likely to be accomplished before this decade passes. This assumes constant support and funding by our side even in the face of a loss at every level prior!!!! Think about that for a minute...does this community have the fortitude to support the process while mounting losses pile up? And just to, on the face of it, to save Maryland? God I hope so...

Rip

Mr H

Banana'd
    Excerpt (uncorrected, emphasis mine) from a Nancy Jacobs email announcement:

In the first lawsuit, the plaintiff attorney, Skye Woddard, argued that weapons ban and magazine limits, would prevent the plaintiffs "from choosing firearms needed to protect themselves." Also argued was that the 45 types of semi-automatic rifles banned in the new law are most often used by home and business owners for self-protection. It was also pointed out that the limit of 10 rounds makes existing guns "useless" since manufacturers do not sell 10 round clips.

In the second lawsuit, the plaintiffs asked the judge for permission to halt the handgun licensing requirement for 90 days. The new law requires handgun buyers to submit fingerprints to the Maryland State Police. With the considerable backlog of gun applications under the old law, there is no guarantee they would act on the applications under the new law.

I'm not sure the bolded is supportable. It didn't make much sense to me in the filing, and less so now. I hope they're going somewhere with that line of thinking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom