• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ok, I'm expecting a flame thrower pointed right at me, but Trump and McConnell are making the smart political move here. They are moving the hot political spotlight from banning guns to keeping crazy people from getting guns. They are doing the 2A folks a great favor after these latest mass shootings. Any other position would seriously hurt both Trump and ALL the other Republicans running for reelection in 2020. Exactly what do you think would be happening right now if a Democrat was president and they had control of congress. We need to take the stupid stick out of our collective asses and get behind this with protection for due process.

The alternative is far, far worse.

You wont get a flamethorower pointed at you from anyone who has actually worked on letter writing campaigns, meetings or fundraising with state level assembly/house, State level senate, or organized meetings with US reps in purple districts where the rubber hits the road.

We need to understand that their is truth in both the following: a) in worry about the slippery slope and the supporting hard core positions and b) understanding that that strategy can often be a total loss and much worse outcome in reality.

Those two seemingly contrasting vies can coexist in an intelligent persons mind.

A couple of votes in the Senate, a Democrat in the White House and Heller is done -- fully reversed. All purple states will have all the "moderate gun control proposed fully passed -- and blue states like Maryland will have "may issue" to keep a revolver at home. And your weapon of war anything semi auto will be outright banned.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Nope. We have never gained an inch of ground with any compromise. No more.

The Dems have never honored a single deal they’ve ever made. Remember how Reagan’s amnesty was supposed to be a deal for solving immigration for all time? Dems cannot ever be trusted, and will always push for more power and control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    Except the evidence and there are over 100 data points, is that he has not. he has made over 100 nominations to the federal bench so far, and from that one can see he is the most pro 2A president in modern history.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/05/7470...deral-courts-judicial-nominees-by-the-numbers

He hasn't had to negotiate Court Appointments for Legislation with a Democrat controlled Senate yet either.
    I'll wait to see how he handles this whole UBC and Red Flag fiasco before I start throating him as the greatest 2A POTUS

ellist

Oct 15, 2014
    More controls on guns will happen. You can fight all you want but we'll lose. For all of you that believe, like the NRA, that saying "no" to anything proposed by the anti-gun types is a good idea, you're wrong. Saying "no" to any type of gun control means we won't have a seat at the table. A knowledgeable person won't be there to help the other side see anything and to have even a chance of reasonable gun controls. Be reasonable. Have a seat at the table and an open mind. "No" is not an negotiating tactic. That just ensures your view point won't be considered.

Slimster22

Mar 13, 2009
    Northern Balt Co
    The only logical response to a shooting tragedy is to loosen existing unconstitutional restrictions on private firearms ownership, and to also create and promote a collection of public service anouncements and programs to educate the uneducated on the reason freedom of firearms ownership by private citizens is essential to a free citizenry. Any other respones doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Jun 4, 2015
    LaQuierre is a lying tool, a sellout, and a profiteer. He's worth nothing.

The NRA endorsed NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and ASKED for the Bumpfire Stock Ban.

Further bans on various accessories are pending.

If you believe the NRA will do anything about this other than wail for you to give them money Wayne can spend on his "intern" and $10,000 suits, you are a sucker.

The NRA is a gun control organization. It's less blatant and slower than the rest, but the end result is the same.

Do not give them a cent, and don't acknowledge their existence. They are infected with the cancer.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

Even though the ATF admitted in court that no evidence exists that the shooter in NV used any of the bumpfire stocks he had.

Jun 4, 2015
    More controls on guns will happen. You can fight all you want but we'll lose. For all of you that believe, like the NRA, that saying "no" to anything proposed by the anti-gun types is a good idea, you're wrong. Saying "no" to any type of gun control means we won't have a seat at the table. A knowledgeable person won't be there to help the other side see anything and to have even a chance of reasonable gun controls. Be reasonable. Have a seat at the table and an open mind. "No" is not an negotiating tactic. That just ensures your view point won't be considered.

"Be reasonable," = "grease up, it's going to happen again."

The NRA keeps sending "knowledgeable people" to pass more gun control.

Throwing people to the wolves to save yourself just means you're on the list for being thrown to the wolves.

Stop voting for gun control wimps, like Donald "I like to take the guns first" Trump.

And if you bleat about Hillary, I'll call you an idiot to your face. There were many other candidates, several of them actual Republicans. The Trumpcucks are suckers who fell for the rhetoric of a NYC liberal, imagining he was "not a politician" (by definition he was a politician) who would "drain the swamp" (to put his own people in it) and was magically going to renounce all his previous liberal statism and gun control support.

YOU are what is wrong with my adopted country (I'm a legal immigrant and retired veteran).

No, no, no. Repeat it loudly until the other side gets it. Every time you say, "Well, not that, but I guess we can live with this," you LOSE.

Stop being losers.

I'm done here.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County

Shall not be infringed, right? It doesn't shall only be infringed in tiny pieces until it's gone.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland

Throwing people to the wolves to save yourself just means you're on the list for being thrown to the wolves.

Stop voting for gun control wimps, like Donald "I like to take the guns first" Trump.

And if you bleat about Hillary, I'll call you an idiot to your face. There were many other candidates, several of them actual Republicans. The Trumpcucks are suckers who fell for the rhetoric of a NYC liberal, imagining he was "not a politician" (by definition he was a politician) who would "drain the swamp" (to put his own people in it) and was magically going to renounce all his previous liberal statism and gun control support.

YOU are what is wrong with my adopted country (I'm a legal immigrant and retired veteran).

No, no, no. Repeat it loudly until the other side gets it. Every time you say, "Well, not that, but I guess we can live with this," you LOSE.

Stop being losers.

I'm done here.

giphy.gif

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Trump maybe playing Nth degree chess or his need to Tweet may have accidentally helped kill red flag laws. Not sure which it is, but Trump's comments "Cuomo should be red flagged" may make people think twice about how the laws can be used against them. We can't give away another piece of the pie. Want to keep crazy people from owning firearms bring back Mental Hospitals and lock them up. This will also prevent a nut job from killing people with a Uhaul.

PD7798

Jul 24, 2019
    The left is relentless, and well, we just aren’t relentless enough.

In the end, they will get what they want, mark my words.

It bothers me to no end, but their track record on this kind of crap is good. Chip, chip, chip, until it’s gone.

There will need to be a reset, not speculating what that looks like, but without one we are in trouble.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    It's only going to get worse

In order to palliate the anti-gunners we always end up budging towards having stricter background checks that focus on mental stability. The problem is: 1) Psychologists are human and prone to make mistakes in a field of science which is not very scientific, 2) Red flag laws can easily be manipulated and abused by an angry spouse, gf or neighbor, 3) Many of the mass shooters have no history of mental illness. One of the recent shooters basically kept to himself.

So my prediction is that regardless of what we do to tighten background checks, 1) It won't stop mass shootings and 2) It will get abused.

I think what the initial post to this topic was getting at is that if we cling to our "assault rifles," in order to restrict them, the left is going to end up restricting all firearms. Would you rather be allowed to keep revolvers, lever and bolt action rifles, or fight to keep ARs and end up with no guns at all? I would be inclined to agree with this reasoning but suspect if we surrendered on that point, the battle to ban all firearms would not abate and could even gain momentum.

On top of that we have internal issues with the NRA which right now make gun owners look pretty weak.

It's time to stock up on bows and arrows!

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    MichaelZWilliamson;5636311 Stop voting for gun control wimps said:
    The NRA endorsed NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and ASKED for the Bumpfire Stock Ban.
    The NRA is a gun control organization. It's less blatant and slower than the rest, but the end result is the same.

Do not give them a cent, and don't acknowledge their existence. They are infected with the cancer.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Sounds good to me. Lets scrap the NRA, vote for Biden, and enjoy life as it should be. I knew Trump would screw things up.

I can tell you one thing, this idiot is supporting the NRA till it folds, and that might not be long, and I'm voting for Trump in 2020 and praying to God he wins.

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    I'm sure we've all seen it on Drudge, Trump warned by NRA over background checks...

But are we smart enough to ride the tide, that appears to be going against us?

Yes, it's the media. Yes, it's dems politicizing tragedy. But for some reason this time it feels different. I have close friends - life long R's in TX, that don't think people need "assault weapons," never mind they can't define what is one. Others that say "maybe you'll change your mind when you have kids and have to spend $300 on a bulletproof backpack."

I don't want to give these bastards an inch. But would it do more for our cause if we made a horse trade? Say UBC (with publicly accessible NICS and family and loan exemptions), and red flag (with mandatory due process) for them, and national carry reciprocity with national transport preemption for us? Make FFL 03s a national carry permit for residents of slave states, and also a Brady exemption...

The problem isn't guns. The problem is the collapse of the family, and lack of faith in our society. But there is no easy legislative fix for that. We are where we are. We need to fight better and smarter. I'd much rather give up my right to a face-to-face transfer without a background check (already illegal in DC and DE, illegal for handguns in MD, and other slave states) as a part of a "bipartisan" legislative fix, and gain 50 state carry, then foolishly lean against a wall that will eventually come crashing down on us.

The NRA in its diminished state will not save us. Nor will the RHINOs in congress. Love SAF, but I don't fancy waiting another 50 years for the courts to maybe restore my rights... Not that I believe the Dems would swallow the poison pill of national cary reciprocity, but we need to be proposing smarter laws that the general public can get behind, that also benefit us, rather than just saying "not another inch." Reframe the messaging to the dems being the obstructionists to "better gun laws," not us.

Thoughts?

Sad to think the greatest legislative expansion of gun rights in the last decade was with Obama and the Credit Card Act granting us carry in national parks.
    Gun Owners of America & Firearms Policy Coalition get it and are true Second Amendment Champions who really support the unabridged Second Amendment unlike the NRA.

https://gunowners.org/

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-statement-red-flag-laws-trump-remarks

follow them on twitter at @gunowners & @gunpolicy for live updates on cases

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    How Liberty Dies & Republicans Throw Away Their 2020 Landslide

IF Republicans vote for one more word of #GunControl they're toast in 2020...

Republicans lose elections when they act like Democrats...

The TAPS Act (H.R. 838) destroys virtually half of the Bill of Rights. It allows government bureaucrats to spy on you without a warrant (4th Amendment) and take away your gun rights (2nd Amendment) -- without your day in court, due process, or even you knowing about it (5th and 6th Amendments).

Or at least you will not know about it until a SWAT team kicks in your door, shoots your dog, and stands on your throat at 3:00 a.m.

And all of this will be based upon a bureaucrat’s assessment that you somehow, in some manner, pose some threat to their Big Government schemes or could fit the profile of a one-day “possible” terrorist.

Even President Trump has now voiced support for this statist, anti-liberty, and clearly unconstitutional scheme...

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/how-liberty-dies

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    No, not giving another inch. Every compromise only weakens our rights and leads to the next one, and the one after that, and so on.

Now is the time to not back down, not give an inch. If the RINOs in Congress and our state legislatures steal them from us we'll turn to the courts, which are getting redder by the day.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Trump "warned" by NRA

There is no such thing as a “reasonable” restriction on on a constitutional right. More control might be coming but it’s not a seat at the table I’m worried about.

Sooner or later the Dems will just ignore the SCOTUS or override them to enforce control and that’s when the collapse starts. Either through it starting conflict, or the fast lane into tyranny when they can pass anything they want with a 15 member scotus to assure the public it’s all fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Stop being losers.

I'm done here.

Goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom