Troopers' union asks Wolf to withdraw Brown's nomination to head PA State Police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wish that were true, but unless you have an actual cite for that, we'll have to wait and see. It seems like Wolf is going to be stubborn about this. This article quotes his spokesman as saying there is no time limit as to how long he can stay as acting superintendent. I hope the "NO" vote that was taken actually has some teeth to it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/08/us-usa-pennsylvania-police-idUSKBN0OO2HP20150608

Could we see a Stand Down order from the FOP in PA until this situation is rectified?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Where does it say 90 days? As of now, I've not read any timetable. On the contrary, Wolf has said he will remain in place, so technically the position is not vacant.

The senate created a vacancy by rejecting the nomination.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Lol, even a white guys nomination getting shot down can be twisted as 'racist':

Several also said they believe Brown, who came to Pennsylvania after running the Maryland State Police, was being toppled because of his long history of making organizations for which he has worked more racially diverse.

(from the article referenced above)

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Any bets on "Ramsey" being pulled from Philthidelphia?

To head up the PSP? Wolf knows that would be another battle, so it depends on how much he wants to be a dick about it. It would be embarrassing to have two nominees fail.

Now if they can just get that crook Kathleen Kane out of office...

Things have gotten strangely quiet about the AG. Hopefully it's just the calm before the shitstorm. She's another one that should step down.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I think highly of Brown. It is sad when politricks keeps a man from working. He deserved a shot just from his resume alone..... oh well.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think highly of Brown. It is sad when politricks keeps a man from working. He deserved a shot just from his resume alone..... oh well.

Really?

He scammed a pension from the City without completing the required years or service.

Did not fill his residence requirement as the head of MSP and might have had some tax issues as well.

While he was only at MSP for a bit I certainly didn't see any terrific changes that would indicate he was an awesome boss.

Seems like somewhere across the line he had made political buddies with the right people and was rewarded.

But that's just an outsiders view.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

I sat next to him at the Woollard CA4 trial and my opinion of him is totally different from yours.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Really?

He scammed a pension from the City without completing the required years or service.

Did not fill his residence requirement as the head of MSP and might have had some tax issues as well.

While he was only at MSP for a bit I certainly didn't see any terrific changes that would indicate he was an awesome boss.

Seems like somewhere across the line he had made political buddies with the right people and was rewarded.

But that's just an outsiders view.

I met him a few times and he came across as a decent guy. As for pensions... well, if you can get one, get one I guess so long as it's within the rules.

His support of the Constitution was a thing to behold.

:sarcasm:

That aside, he does have a right to work.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

That aside? What else is there besides his pledge to uphold the Constitution? He has no right to that job if he doesn't perform his job and not meeting the job requirements which in part is upholding his oath. He caved into political correctness.

Sorry, lowering your standards may be ok for some, but not all.

not a big deal though. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I met him a few times and he came across as a decent guy. As for pensions... well, if you can get one, get one I guess so long as it's within the rules.

In sure Bloomburg (or one of his honor's minions) will pay Brown back with a job somewhere, perhaps on Bllomburgs armed personal security team.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Oh so if that's the bar okay then.

He scammed to get a defined service pension which he did not fill the service requirements for.

Then he lied about his residence to fill a residence requirement and possibly in the course of this committed a tax fraud or three.

But hey as long as he was able to put on a good act and seemed nice a few times we can over look his track record of poor if not criminal behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom