• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • which one

• Total voters

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yep, thats the way Im seeing it. Tonight a deer went all the way behind me....very frusterating. The wind was in my favor, I had great concealment, the tree location was good its just everytime the deer decide to go one way or the other. Rifle...done deal.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep, thats the way Im seeing it. Tonight a deer went all the way behind me....very frusterating. The wind was in my favor, I had great concealment, the tree location was good its just everytime the deer decide to go one way or the other. Rifle...done deal.

One thing I tell myself over and over while I'm deer hunting, If I sit hear long enough, a deer will walk through my kill zone. Question is how long can I sit hear? Answer, as long as it takes.;)

Major Major

Feb 19, 2013
    Frederick Co
    I prefer dawn for bow hunting. Deer can travel some distance from a crossbow hit, even after waiting out a hit thru the liver. If you git one right at dusk it can be heck to find if they head into bog or thicket.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I prefer dawn for bow hunting. Deer can travel some distance from a crossbow hit, even after waiting out a hit thru the liver. If you git one right at dusk it can be heck to find if they head into bog or thicket.

And I'm just the opposite of you. I prefer to track at night cause went your flash light hits the blood it shines right up even when you got a drop of it. And also for some reason the damn deer alway want to run into the thickets stuff around to the point where your on your hands and knees crawling under it. But the two key things to have is a very bright flashlight and toilet paper.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    And I'm just the opposite of you. I prefer to track at night cause went your flash light hits the blood it shines right up even when you got a drop of it. And also for some reason the damn deer alway want to run into the thickets stuff around to the point where your on your hands and knees crawling under it. But the two key things to have is a very bright flashlight and toilet paper.

Ever notice, spider's eyes glow from a flashlight? It can get confusing. Most LED lights are worthless in this endeavor. Surefires will light blood as red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom