• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Got a call from my wife while I was on my way home from work that there was a letter taped to the door with a $300 fine for lids not securely placed on the trash cans. We live in Essex and trash pickup up is Monday night/ Tuesday morning. Well the letter was dated for yesterday but was put on the door today 8/30. And I do put my cans out in the alley without lids so they don't grow legs, get blown away or demolished from cars running them over. So has anyone else had such a fine issued to them? And am I in the wrong from having this really pi$$ me off? When my can are in the yard they are lid tightly (Brute Rubbermaid) that yes the rats have chewed hole in the side while standing on the handle can post pictures later if anyone is curious. But to not put the fine on the door the day it is witnessed with no more detail is really screwed up.

I have heard of this happening recently to a few people. while I see the counties point due to the rats, I think its worthy of a warning first. The lack of a 1 time warning makes be believe its yet another money making scheme for the state. I wonder how many of these are issued to people that live in bad neighborhoods where they probably wont get paid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom