• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    I retired out of the Pentagon, spent some time in Florida and Texas so we rented out house here out. Long story short we moved back to the Waldorf area a few weeks ago. So now I find myself at 40 without much to do so I am looking for shooting groups or clubs.

I have done some gunsmith work on the side but I am not allowed to have an income per my disability rating from the VA so I have a shop in my garage that is outfitted but only use it for personal work.

Projects on the table now:
    I have an 80 Percent lower 1911 build that I am going to build out over the winter. I really wanted to get a good look at the quality of the kits and having an extra .45 around never really hurts. (unless it blows up)

I am working over a Rem 700 in .308, I want to get into some longer range shooting in the spring.

I also plan to set up my reloading benches during the winter months as well.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Can't help ya since I'm a far bit north of ya. But I wanted to thank you for your service and hope you enjoy Maryland.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I think there are few places down in Southern Maryland. I am a fair bit north of you as well. Mr Smith and I are neighbors. Well not exactly but from your perspective we are. If you want to visit sometime, we can talk you to AGC. It is a bit cold these days, but at 50 degrees, which we see in the winter now and again, it is tenable.

Welcome from Marriottsville.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

attachment.php

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

I am a member of St. Charles Sportsmans club and Sanners Lake Sportsmans Club. Both have something to offer.

St. Charles has a 25 yard indoor range in Waldorf (pistol calibers only). 325 acres of hunting land with several ponds for fishing in Welcome. No shooting is allowed on the Welcome property except for hunting.

Sanners Lake is located in Great Mills/Lexington Park. They have a 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range and a shotgun skeet/trap range. The property also has stocked fishing ponds.

Let me know if you would like a tour of either club and membership information.

Another option is the Northern VA gun club located near Dalgreen VA. I am not a member but plan to join in the near future.

Keep in mind that Sanners as Nova have a waiting list for membership.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Welcome to the MDS forms, like your screen name, :thumbsup: there's a few of us lost Texans around the board, we need more members in this neck of the woods.

There’s a few of us in the Southern Maryland (Waldorf Area) mix of imports and locals but you find they are a good bunch, I’ve only been in this area for 20 some years, its seen a lot of changes not many that were that good but it can be better in other areas of the state, the Dorf been going down fast the past few years a lot of people have left
    I going to be around for a while then head south for a warmer world. :cool:

We don’t have the ranges and facility’s that are in other parts of the state has but there are a few. Myrtle Grove West of La Plata is an old school rustic 8 station 100 yard range, Maryland Small Arm Range (MSAR) up by Andrews off 495/Rt4 isn’t bad, Fred’s is back after a fire (Jury still out if it going to be better, it had policy issues).

You can always head over the Henry Nice Bridge to Big Dog in King George VA they are the closest store for those Non-Maryland got-to-haves, All Pawn in White Plains got the lowest price/no hassle transfers. Then you got your C&R/FF3 and mail order they are still a great options. :rolleyes:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

I am a member of St. Charles Sportsmans club and Sanners Lake Sportsmans Club. Both have something to offer.

St. Charles has a 25 yard indoor range in Waldorf (pistol calibers only). 325 acres of hunting land with several ponds for fishing in Welcome. No shooting is allowed on the Welcome property except for hunting.

Sanners Lake is located in Great Mills/Lexington Park. They have a 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range and a shotgun skeet/trap range. The property also has stocked fishing ponds.

Let me know if you would like a tour of either club and membership information.

Another option is the Northern VA gun club located near Dalgreen VA. I am not a member but plan to join in the near future.

Keep in mind that Sanners as Nova have a waiting list for membership.

I would love information on both if possible.

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom