• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Squaregrouper and 4g64loser,

I have one of Tracts top end optics. Let me know if either of you want to take look at it or run a side by comparison to other scopes. I can lend it out to either of you. I’m from Germantown, MD

Regards,

Leo
    Leo, instead of loaning it to me, why don't you come with it and get some shooting in?

Once holidays are over, it would be great to get a few different optics together for comparison. I need to link up with SG at some point anyway.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    4g64loser,

Sounds good! Let's try to hook up on of these Saturday!

Happy New Year Eve's to everyone!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'd like to look through a Tract. Had not heard of them. I can offer up some Nightforce and Vortex PST2s to compare. (opposite ends of price spectrum)

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If we pick a Sunday I can use my AGC membership to sign folks in ($10 each) and we can use the 200yd range.

I'm also an AGC member and can sign folks in.
    I'm happy to pay up if agc is a centrally located acceptable option. As long as an rso doesn't orient a firearm with the action closed on me this time.

I can bring:
    Kahles 624i
    Vortex razor2
    Burris xtr2

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Where is ACG located? I'm fine with paying $10 to shoot, although none of my rifles are sighted in at the moment as I've been playing musical scopes.

I can bring:
    Tract UHD 4.5-30x56 34mm MRAD ELF scope
    Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44mm
    Leupold 3-9x33mm EFR scope.
    Arken SH4 Gen2 4-16x50 that's not currently mounted.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    AGC is in Marriotsville MD. Just west of Baltimore.

My PST2s are 3-15 (unmounted) and 5-25.
    The NF ATACRs are 5-25

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Where is ACG located? I'm fine with paying $10 to shoot, although none of my rifles are sighted in at the moment as I've been playing musical scopes.

I can bring:
    Tract UHD 4.5-30x56 34mm MRAD ELF scope
    Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44mm
    Leupold 3-9x33mm EFR scope.
    Arken SH4 Gen2 4-16x50 that's not currently mounted.
    Agc is closer to you and smdub than my venue would be and it's definitely closer for squaregrouper.

For those who do not have their optics mounted, are they in rings or just bare? I'm thinking about ways to make em anchored for people to check out.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Mine have rings, they just aren't sitting on a rifle currently. Should be pretty easy to sit them on a sandbag right beside another rife for a side-by-side comparison. Or I can slap them on a rifle if that is preferred?

To compare 'side by side' I think its easier if the rifles dont get in the way. One of my NFs should still be sitting on the 6.5 RPR. Could fold its stock out of the way. Can easily put another unmounted scope right beside it and simply move your head back and forth between them to compare. Anything on a conventional bolt-action you can't quickly go from one to another and back. But I've not done this before so this is just what I'm envisioning in my head.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If the optics are in rings that are 1913 interface compatible, I'll either bring a spare rifle to pop em on or I'll "engineer" a mount solution that allows them to be anchored in my shooting tripod. Tripod is probably a better solution as it's easier to cycle people behind without worrying about bench position, bipod and bag height, etc.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If the optics are in rings that are 1913 interface compatible, I'll either bring a spare rifle to pop em on or I'll "engineer" a mount solution that allows them to be anchored in my shooting tripod. Tripod is probably a better solution as it's easier to cycle people behind without worrying about bench position, bipod and bag height, etc.
    I'm off Sunday 14 January if you guys want to link up.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    FYI Guest passes at AGC are $15 now for shooters. Observers are free
    TBH, I don't really care if I pull a trigger or not. I can shoot at my club and not have to watch the damn rsos to be sure they don't point a gun at me. I'm in on this so people can see a wide variety of optics. I'll pay the guest fee so they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom