• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    I just ordered a case of .22 Tracers in red and blue. I think they'll go fast. Anyone interested in some if I reorder?

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    I'm interested how much are they?

Don't remember offhand. They should be here next week. They weren't cheap; broke down to something like .40-.50/round. Guy says they light out to like 400 yards. Pretty cool.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Just be careful about where/when you use them. Not all ranges allow tracers, as they can start fires. I've used them before, but I'd avoid them in really dry conditions.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    from where did you get them? I ordered a batch a few hours ago from Sportsman's Guide. Totally disappointing. (I know -- re SG, I was young and foolish then...)

I hope you have better luck than I did. great concept...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've shot Piney Mountain tracers from several sources ... pretty good even in daylight. They light off well in about 7 or 8 yards and burn bright past 300. I think out of 400-500 rounds there were 2 duds.

40¢ - 50¢ each is about as good as you will find these days for 22lr tracers. I think the lowest I paid this spring was $17 plus shipping for 50.

I'd be interested in green Piney Mountains for less than 40¢ each, but 40¢ or more ... I can just have them shipped to my own door and buy as few as I want.

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    As soon as they show up, I'll check the invoice and update here. I ordered both standard and high velocity to use in a suppressed machinegun that requires it to run reliably.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As soon as they show up, I'll check the invoice and update here. I ordered both standard and high velocity to use in a suppressed machinegun that requires it to run reliably.

Good idea. I popped off a couple glow in the dark pellets with my 1000 fps pellet gun the other night and realized the regular Piney Mountain tracers were well below that. The 1000 fps were not as fun as the slower ones because they went so fast it made them harder to see (besides being not quite as bright).

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Tracers showed up today. They are Piney Mountain. Available in both Red or Green and Standard or High Velocity. Same price; Box of 50 is $24.50 + shipping. This works out to .49/rd. If you're close to Rockville, you can pick it up and save the shipping. I only have a case so it will go quick. If there is interest, I'll order more.
    Thanks.
    Brian

Attachments

• IMG_2730[1].jpg
      IMG_2730[1].jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 165

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member