• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Surprisingly, he thinks alcohol which kills 10's of thousands more people per year is ok...but a gun is not.

Interesting logic he has. Allowing the drinking of alcohol, allowing someone who has drank said alcohol to get behind the wheel of a car, without giving that person a backround(breathalyzer?) check for the 3000lb projectile they're behind the wheel of, and that's ok. Never mind the family that person might kill.

But a gun, that requires an extensive backround check is bad.

Got it.
    There you go...making entirely too much sense.

Funny...every where thus guy comes up...I ALWAYS see a band of merry-men trolls that follow.

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    Surprisingly, he thinks alcohol which kills 10's of thousands more people per year is ok...but a gun is not.

Interesting logic he has. Allowing the drinking of alcohol, allowing someone who has drank said alcohol to get behind the wheel of a car, without giving that person a backround(breathalyzer?) check for the 3000lb projectile they're behind the wheel of, and that's ok. Never mind the family that person might kill.

But a gun, that requires an extensive backround check is bad.

Got it.

there you go again, using facts and logic... when my unicorn eats facts and logic he no longer poops rainbows and that makes me feel bad. please keep your facts and logic to yourself or I will do my best to create a law that makes it illegal to use facts and logic at all....

harfordgunboy

Mar 30, 2013
    Well now I'm sorry that I started this thread. I thought I was trying to do some good and while it brought awareness to an anti-2A thing going on in Harford, it also seems to have gone into members taking shots (no pun intended) at each other. Not really what I wanted to accomplish.

kevelar

Aug 15, 2013
    I have plenty of shoes and plenty of drive to make sure everyone I know and come across will know what he stands for and what he thinks is humorous.

I feel like getting a suicide support group to picket his restaurant.

What if he just apologized for what he wrote? Maybe at some kind of public forum away from all of the anonymous stuff that is the internet?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is here. I don't like that joke in particular, but he is a comedian. Causing ruckus is what he DOES! I'm a fan of the Myers even if I don't agree with him politically. He still makes me laugh.

He's not an elected official. He doesn't make policy. He doesn't vote on bills and sign legislation into law. He tells jokes. I may think that SOME of them are not funny, but I enjoy seeing him live and will continue to do so.

And I am going to keep going to his restaurant. It's nearby, the food is good, Myers has been courteous to me the few times I have seen him there, and I hear they now have their liquor license and are getting ready to sell margaritas!

`Kevelar

Well you must like him if you created an entire thread about him. In your way, you're exposing a whole new group to him and his comedy, his restaurant, or whatever else he does.

If he had any second thoughts about writing that joke, then they must surely be purged by all of this PR he's getting. They say that even negative publicity ...

`Kevelar

I'm not Myers. I'm someone who likes his comedy. I'm allowed to do that and post on this board, right?

What if he just apologized for what he wrote? Maybe at some kind of public forum away from all of the anonymous stuff that is the internet?

Can you tell me if Tom Myers is represented by the comedy management firm that you logged into this forum from?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is here. I don't like that joke in particular, but he is a comedian. Causing ruckus is what he DOES! I'm a fan of the Myers even if I don't agree with him politically. He still makes me laugh.

He's not an elected official. He doesn't make policy. He doesn't vote on bills and sign legislation into law. He tells jokes. I may think that SOME of them are not funny, but I enjoy seeing him live and will continue to do so.

And I am going to keep going to his restaurant. It's nearby, the food is good, Myers has been courteous to me the few times I have seen him there, and I hear they now have their liquor license and are getting ready to sell margaritas!

`Kevelar

Wow. You still like this guy? Damn! I must be missing something.

Well you must like him if you created an entire thread about him. In your way, you're exposing a whole new group to him and his comedy, his restaurant, or whatever else he does.

If he had any second thoughts about writing that joke, then they must surely be purged by all of this PR he's getting. They say that even negative publicity ...

`Kevelar

I'm not Myers. I'm someone who likes his comedy. I'm allowed to do that and post on this board, right?

I would agree with you about kevelar possibly being Myers. I would also agree that some of the posts defending him on sites like the Dagger are probably just him using different handles.

However, Myers used to write for the Dagger and would have a reason to do something like that there. Is there anything to suggest that he even knows about this site?

I'm willing to give kevelar the benefit of the doubt. At least for now.

Well now I'm sorry that I started this thread. I thought I was trying to do some good and while it brought awareness to an anti-2A thing going on in Harford, it also seems to have gone into members taking shots (no pun intended) at each other. Not really what I wanted to accomplish.

Do you two people know one another? Because interestingly enough you are both involved in this discussion and have the exact same IP address.

I'm old enough to know that there really aren't that many true coincidences in this world.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you two people know one another? Because interestingly enough you are both involved in this discussion and have the exact same IP address.

I'm old enough to know that there really aren't that many true coincidences in this world.

There is an old saying that may explain this: "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

Can you tell me if Tom Myers is represented by the comedy management firm that you logged into this forum from?

AND Norton wins the late night sleuth of the early early morning award. Using up these last precious few late nights before school starts? :lol2:

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD

HAHAHAHAHAHA! CLASSIC TOM!

I knew that "Kevelar" was clearly Tom. But I had NO CLUE that the thread was started by Tom just to stir up his own publicity. And then come to his own aide!

I can't stop laughing. This is seriously a new low for Tom. Which is a true accomplishment since there's been so many low points.

What was the goal here? to stir up the community so you can impress all your lib friends? I also love that "harfordgunboy" created a thread about boycotting your own restaurant.

This is seriously the funniest thing I've heard all week. Thanks Tom.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    LOL

I guess they figured no one would notice they just registered, and have been only posting in this thread... Yeah, that's not curious.:rolleyes:

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say its the same person, trying to get people to see him, as a hero of the left or a heel of the right. Either way you guys did click on his Facebook page did you not? Of course this would sound stupid if not for the facts Norton has brought up. Same IP address, comedy management firm, this smells of a not so well thought out stunt to grab attention for a no name person. But then again I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom