• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I'm sorry but I don't think you are ever going to be laughing all the way to the bank. (apologies to Liberace RIP)

I've had a chance to read the opinion. Thoughtful judge. It's clear the judge thinks you have an argument, but it is also very clear in the footnotes that the judge believes that no matter how he rules on the merits the 4th Circuit will let MD get away with just about any gun law they can come up with except a total ban on handguns.

So a multi-year court fight that goes to SOTUS with hopefully a regime change on the bench is your only hope.

I hope you have a sugar daddy that can keep you afloat until then.

But I do toast you for your win today! (Two Mai Tais and counting)

God bless.

I'm sure many here will agree with you on this part but wont say so for fear of a lashing from others that are very optimistic and overly excited for even the smallest bone thrown to us.

I personally think the SCOTUS is our only shot as well. IMO, even if we score a win here, this will go the same route the FSA2013 case went later on down the road.

You can bet frosh knows that if we win single handedly when everything is said and done, we will lose, WHEN, this goes enbanc.

On another note, I am happy along with others that this will move forward for the time being.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    All we can do is hope the Judge doesn't let a fear of reversal from the 4th cloud his judgment.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    This step is just one of many to follow. We can't get to the following steps without winning this one.

So, is the glass half empty or half full?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This step is just one of many to follow. We can't get to the following steps without winning this one.

So, is the glass half empty or half full?

This glass is definitely half full. We are still alive and kicking with a glimmer of hope ahead.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    When we win a fee award, you can bet that will be published....

Then roll-up the $$$ in a big wad and cram it up Frosh's posterior ... oh, and take pictures to send to Comptroller Franchot. He'd appreciate the visual of MD taxes well spent.

Attachments

• Kolbe.jpg
      Kolbe.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 417

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What is MSI's position when the state requests members information during discovery.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    I'm sure many here will agree with you on this part but wont say so for fear of a lashing from others that are very optimistic and overly excited for even the smallest bone thrown to us.

[snip]

Like Hogan being elected meant that personal defense would become a good and substantial reason for concealed carry permit?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    A request for information has already been sent to the membership.

Huh? The state has an interrogatory in already? I thought that would come after the recent ruling but not that fast. The question is will MSI answer the request or object to it. If I recall correctly, a plaintive against Peacemaker received membership files of Peacemaker by court order. Reading the recent decision, MSI points to it's number of members and how the HQL is unreasonably burdensome to some as grounds for the suit. I'd suspect the state will ask for membership files. I do not know it they are entitled or not.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think EL1227 is referring to the request from MSI to the membership for those members that do not have an HQL. Not a request from the State for member information.

I received that too. I didn't think my question was that ambiguous though.
    The reply "Nut up or shut up" has me stumped though. Not everyone dropping coin posts each time publicly to pat themselves on the back. I know quite a few others who've put in much dough in that HQL can, and have never mentioned it.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    What is MSI's position when the state requests members information during discovery.

I received that too. I didn't think my question was that ambiguous though.
    The reply "Nut up or shut up" has me stumped though. Not everyone dropping coin posts each time publicly to pat themselves on the back. I know quite a few others who've put in much dough in that HQL can, and have never mentioned it.

This is in discussion with our Attorney. MSI has always maintained that we would never release our members info and have not done so.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This is in discussion with our Attorney. MSI has always maintained that we would never release our members info and have not done so.

The state is entitled to some discovery into our membership only on the issue of standing and that is very limited. See page 16 of the the court opinion. Other info is closely held and shared only with our lawyers as needed. Those communications are protected by privilege

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom