• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Great news and great job MSI, NRA and others! I hope the cost of this can be made public to illustrate the tax dollars "our good politicians" have wasted in attempting to ignore the Second Amendment of the country they are supposed to support. Fred

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Great news and great job MSI, NRA and others! I hope the cost of this can be made public to illustrate the tax dollars "our good politicians" have wasted in attempting to ignore the Second Amendment of the country they are supposed to support. Fred

When we win a fee award, you can bet that will be published....

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    When we win a fee award, you can bet that will be published....

I'm sorry but I don't think you are ever going to be laughing all the way to the bank. (apologies to Liberace RIP)

I've had a chance to read the opinion. Thoughtful judge. It's clear the judge thinks you have an argument, but it is also very clear in the footnotes that the judge believes that no matter how he rules on the merits the 4th Circuit will let MD get away with just about any gun law they can come up with except a total ban on handguns.

So a multi-year court fight that goes to SOTUS with hopefully a regime change on the bench is your only hope.

I hope you have a sugar daddy that can keep you afloat until then.

But I do toast you for your win today! (Two Mai Tais and counting)

God bless.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm sorry but I don't think you are ever going to be laughing all the way to the bank. (apologies to Liberace RIP)

I've had a chance to read the opinion. Thoughtful judge. It's clear the judge thinks you have an argument, but it is also very clear in the footnotes that the judge believes that no matter how he rules on the merits the 4th Circuit will let MD get away with just about any gun law they can come up with except a total ban on handguns.

So a multi-year court fight that goes to SOTUS with hopefully a regime change on the bench is your only hope.

I hope you have a sugar daddy that can keep you afloat until then.

But I do toast you for your win today! (Two Mai Tais and counting)

God bless.

Just tossed in another sugar cube.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Alright! Another step towards victory. It's going to be a long haul but I believe that eventually the courts will have to accept the fact that certain rights can not be ignored. Do I expect this to occur overnight? No but we who believe in our inalienable rights must keep on fighting the fight. You must get involved! If it's donating your time to help MSI at gun shows or digging into your pocket for a few bucks to help out the fight or standing with the patriot pickets do it!! Sitting back spouting out doom and gloom isn't going to cut it. I know I'll do what ever I can to help out, now we need you to step up and help out. Just my two cents worth.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I am coming back to Maryland to pick up a few toys I didn't trust the moving company with. After that the only thing Maryland will see from me are checks to MSI drawn on a Texas account to help fund the fight against this HQL BS.

Thank you! Good luck in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom