• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Do yourselves a favor and buy ammo mail-order. I haven't bought ammo (other than at wal-mart during the shortage) at a B&M store in years.

I feel kinda bad about saying it because it doesnt help local shops but I am in the same category, it has been probably 4 years since the last time I walked into a gunstore and bought ammo. Another thing of buying online is that you buy it in BULK rather than nickel and diming a box here and there so when I make an order I am good for like 6 months to a year. Only exception to this is at Continental Arms, I have seen ammo there for online prices and I asked and I was explained that they do not price gouge and they had a limit so someone couldnt come clean them out and I think they make it a real point to not be part of the trend with the jacking up ammo you bought at a cheaper price because the current price is higher thing.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Where do you order from? I bought some, I was charged tax and shipping. I figured it would've been better to have just went to walmart and cleaned off their shelves for almost the same price.

Try cabella's for the commie stuff but my favorite thing to do is to get on google and type the caliber and hit the shopping tab and organize it by price and then just look for it in 1000+ quantity

Be sure that even if you arent going to buy local you atleast scope it out though because everyone seems to stay around the same rate with a few exceptions and it can go cheaper at stores that sell it in bulk and you never know when youll catch a deal.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    Went to he show yestereay and today. Got a small pack that will hold a camelback, and could double for a small B.O.B. went back today, and talked with 3rd recon, and sigx5. Ended up helping sigx5 rake down the MSI Booth, and confiscated the cheaper than dirt catalog.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Where do you order from? I bought some, I was charged tax and shipping. I figured it would've been better to have just went to walmart and cleaned off their shelves for almost the same price.

Like Novus said, check gun-deals.com

I order a lot from Sportsman's Guide. Cabellas and Bass Pro have deals sometimes (Bass Pro will charge tax since they have a MD store). I also get quite a bit from AIM Surpluss.

All will charge shipping, but still winds up being substantially cheaper, expecially if you by by the 500 or 1000 quantity and the no 6% tax usually balances out the shipping cost anyway. Sportsmans Guide always has $10 off codes so shipping winds up being close to free.

Now Wal-Mart on the other hand has a lot of great deals in their stores. Many of their prices beat the internet guys so it's best to keep an eye on everything and look out for the deals. :thumbsup:

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Thanks to all the guys who came by and bought nutz.

I had one major complaint while I was at the show. It actually pissed me off so bad i laid in bed last night thinking about it for over an hour. Slimjim (mel) and I were working the table yesterday when we noticed a guy carrying around a very nice rifle around for sale. Mel knows exactly what it was, but I think it was an old M1 the paratroopers used bc it had a folding stock. It was emaculant, perfect condition, and beautiful. Mel and I admired it for some time. Skip forward a few hours, the guy with the gun comes by the table and Mel, being the super nice person her is, asks him how much he wants for it. In a dickish sarcastic tone the guy kind of laughs and says something like "how much you want to spend?" and walks away. All I could think about was the time I went to Jones Junction to buy a truck and they would not give me the time of day becuase I was young. They finally wanted to talk to me when I pulled out over 5 grand and started counting it. Now How does this dick know we do not have money just because we dont look like we're over 30? I really wanted to grab the cash we did have, put it in my pocket, run up to him, pull it out and go "hey ******* guess what you just missed out on". I don't know why, but it really rubbed me the wrong way and made me think that this is why gun shows can suck, because some people suck.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.

I had one major complaint while I was at the show. It actually pissed me off so bad i laid in bed last night thinking about it for over an hour. Slimjim (mel) and I were working the table yesterday when we noticed a guy carrying around a very nice rifle around for sale. Mel knows exactly what it was, but I think it was an old M1 the paratroopers used bc it had a folding stock. It was emaculant, perfect condition, and beautiful. Mel and I admired it for some time. Skip forward a few hours, the guy with the gun comes by the table and Mel, being the super nice person her is, asks him how much he wants for it. In a dickish sarcastic tone the guy kind of laughs and says something like "how much you want to spend?" and walks away. All I could think about was the time I went to Jones Junction to buy a truck and they would not give me the time of day becuase I was young. They finally wanted to talk to me when I pulled out over 5 grand and started counting it. Now How does this dick know we do not have money just because we dont look like we're over 30? I really wanted to grab the cash we did have, put it in my pocket, run up to him, pull it out and go "hey ******* guess what you just missed out on". I don't know why, but it really rubbed me the wrong way and made me think that this is why gun shows can suck, because some people suck.

I hear ya dude!
    I had a similar situation when I was fresh out of college and went to the infiniti dealer wanting to buy a brand new QX4. I was making good money, single and living at home. I couldn't get one of those salesmen to take me seriously or give me the time of day for all that matter. Finally came back a 3rd time and a young salesman treated me right and got my business.

Was the worst mistake of my life buying a Truck I could barely afford but damn I WANT SOME RESPECT!

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    The Show as nothing special... I think everyone pretty much agrees...
    I did get a NPM stock for my M1 Carbine for $10. It is in fair shape needs some TLC but a deal...

Personally I enjoy the company at the show. I went with about 4 other guys. We met for breakfast first and then walked the show.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I did enjoy overhearing some of the talk at the airsoft tables....

"Why get the real thing....the look alone of this will scare any intruder....."

"F*ck that real sh*t. This sh*t's cheaper...."

kamikazeH20mln

Dec 12, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    The prices at the show were high. Saw a AK47-C I wanted, but the vendor wasn't willing to barter for cash. He was at least honest and told me that he bought it at a price when it was high, and was trying to make his $$ back. Still was $100 higher than the market rate. Told him I hope to see him at the next show in MD.

Definitely lot of crap goods...don't know why some of them were there at a GUN SHOW. Food is always good, some military clothing ok, but the fake mall swords and jewery is just annoying when its 1/3rd of the show.

Also went to the MSI booth. Met mdjamesd and sigx5 for the first time and was great to meet like minds. Of course 3rd recon was there...enough said about that :-)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Like Novus said, check gun-deals.com

I order a lot from Sportsman's Guide. Cabellas and Bass Pro have deals sometimes (Bass Pro will charge tax since they have a MD store). I also get quite a bit from AIM Surpluss.

All will charge shipping, but still winds up being substantially cheaper, expecially if you by by the 500 or 1000 quantity and the no 6% tax usually balances out the shipping cost anyway. Sportsmans Guide always has $10 off codes so shipping winds up being close to free.

Now Wal-Mart on the other hand has a lot of great deals in their stores. Many of their prices beat the internet guys so it's best to keep an eye on everything and look out for the deals. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about Walmarts nice deals...

Then when I factor in that Friday when I had off I went to Carroll Island Walmart and saw got 2 from the "2 box maximum" for the 9mm and drove to the Towson Walmart for the only three boxes of 9mm...did I really save any money from paying shipping vs. driving...

I don't know, but the anxiety of "will there be any when I want it" and visits that turn up nothing, maybe the interwebs is the way to go...

GB...

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)

Well, what was the rifle???

Jamie

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I cant remember exactly what it was. Im thinking M1 like I said, hopefully slmijim hits the thread and tells us what it was.

M1 carbine in a paratrooper stock. I saw a 750.00 price tag on it later when the guy was at his own table.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Went, and it was a waste and still can't get the stamp mark off my hands. Prices were high and it was so crowded you really couldn't see anything easily. The vendors were so harassed that they often sould not take the weapon out from under the net so you could actually hold it. All and all, a waste of time and $14. My girlfriend said the prices on the memorabilia were over the top also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom