• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I don't think the show is worth the $8. But you have to go. You may never know what you may find and buy. I did see this one guy get into it with one of the knock off laser/scope vendors until his friend got between him and the vendor and made him walk away. I don't know what it was about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I don't think the show is worth the $8. But you have to go. You may never know what you may find and buy. I did see this one guy get into it with one of the knock off laser/scope vendors until his friend got between him and the vendor and made him walk away. I don't know what it was about.

Yeah I mean you can buy stuff on Bud's and bulkammo for cheaper than that show. No admission either.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Yeah I mean you can buy stuff on Bud's and bulkammo for cheaper than that show. No admission either.
    The rifles i am interested in won't be on buds and bulkammo. I guess it depends on what your looking for.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Is it crowded as the Chantilly Gunshow probably is?

maps_troy.jpg

I hope Waldo made it out of there ok. :lol2::lol:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Show was at best, okay. Not many AR15 parts. A lot of C&R. 3 IPs were there. Spent some time talking to all of them. MSR&P was also there and talked to them for some time. The honey roasted nut lady did make the show smell better than it has in a few years. She was roasting them on the spot. No jerky or socks vendors. Plenty of aisle space and a lot of empty tables.

Grumpy old guy telling lies to customer, had to be put in his place.

Personally, I was disappointed in the show, but many of the vendors were more than likely at Chantilly.

Good luck to all that go to the show, may you come home with more firearms than you have room for in your safes.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Show was at best, okay. Not many AR15 parts. A lot of C&R. 3 IPs were there. Spent some time talking to all of them. MSR&P was also there and talked to them for some time. The honey roasted nut lady did make the show smell better than it has in a few years. She was roasting them on the spot. No jerky or socks vendors. Plenty of aisle space and a lot of empty tables.

Grumpy old guy telling lies to customer, had to be put in his place.

Personally, I was disappointed in the show, but many of the vendors were more than likely at Chantilly.

Good luck to all that go to the show, may you come home with more firearms than you have room for in your safes.

I was trying to look for you, but there were a lot of guys with hats on. LoL.

The show is never all that impressive, and I'm probably a notorious hater. But I guess it was better than usual bc I actually found something I wanted, for the first time :D

Said hi to Lou, but he seemed a little out of it :indiffere
    Saw blue fins but they were pretty busy (was that a Mopar spotting? :ninja: )
    South Carroll had the item that piqued my interest and it was nice to meet Brian.
    Also got to chat with RD for a bit. :blah:

Next time I'm letting my 7 year old negotiate the gun purchases. He bought two things and got them for half asking price :deal:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Stopped in a little bit ago. Not worth the admission. Just about everything was overpriced, except for Lou's table.(He had a few 870s left for a bargin)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Stopped in a little bit ago. Not worth the admission. Just about everything was overpriced, except for Lou's table.(He had a few 870s left for a bargin)

There was a guy who had a large table in the middle with some reasonably priced custom ARs. But you're right everything else was obscenely overpriced.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    There was a guy who had a large table in the middle with some reasonably priced custom ARs. But you're right everything else was obscenely overpriced.

I nearly had to laugh at the one dealer who had 10/22 takedowns marked at $400+ Two other dealers in the room had them for $350.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I really do wish some of you guys could have been around 25 years ago.

Pick your 5 favorite holidays, multiply that joy and excitement by a thousand, and that's what gun shows used to be like.

You could feel it in the air as you were waiting in line to pay your five bucks. I would have happily paid ten.

You could walk in with one hundred bucks and walk out with a fine C&R rifle, a sling, and three wheelbarrows full of surplus ammo.

Then spend the rest of your day bathing in a wondrous concoction of cosmoline and mineral spirits. Singing: Little Mauser, you're the one...

Was a glorious era.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I really do wish some of you guys could have been around 25 years ago.

Pick your 5 favorite holidays, multiply that joy and excitement by a thousand, and that's what gun shows used to be like.

You could feel it in the air as you were waiting in line to pay your five bucks. I would have happily paid ten.

You could walk in with one hundred bucks and walk out with a fine C&R rifle, a sling, and three wheelbarrows full of surplus ammo.

Then spend the rest of your day bathing in a wondrous concoction of cosmoline and mineral spirits. Singing: Little Mauser, you're the one...

Was a glorious era.

Yeah, i don't think I could've done that at 5 years old, lol

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was trying to look for you, but there were a lot of guys with hats on. LoL.

The show is never all that impressive, and I'm probably a notorious hater. But I guess it was better than usual bc I actually found something I wanted, for the first time :D

Said hi to Lou, but he seemed a little out of it :indiffere
    Saw blue fins but they were pretty busy (was that a Mopar spotting? :ninja: )
    South Carroll had the item that piqued my interest and it was nice to meet Brian.
    Also got to chat with RD for a bit. :blah:

Next time I'm letting my 7 year old negotiate the gun purchases. He bought two things and got them for half asking price :deal:

Sorry I missed you and the others.

Lou was a little off today, but in one of the best Lou'isms, did you notice the urinal with apple juice? He is a crazy man. No Mopar at Blue Fin, he just looks like Mopar, they all look alike. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what did you buy from South Carroll?

There were so many times, I almost broke out the cash to buy something, but didn't. South Carroll did have a transferrable M1 Carbine that I almost bit on, but I didn't. I only came away with a $60 range bag. I really wasn't in a spending mood.

Icing down the knee and resting the back. I would really like to make Chantilly tomorrow, but I do believe the weather is going to be bad again.

I really need some AR parts and want to buy locally, but it may not be in the cards. Congrats to the members that bought something today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom