• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Don't be me: there are two shows here today, the one with the line full of kids is some kind of dinosaur show.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Don't be me: there are two shows here today, the one with the line full of kids is some kind of dinosaur show.

Lmao. Yes, the dinosaur show is in the cow palace. You wouldnt be the first person to report to the wrong building.:lol2:

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Leaving now, not too bad a show, wasn't too upset about the eight dollars. I will say that it looks like a nightmare trying to get in, traffic is all backed up.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Leaving now, not too bad a show, wasn't too upset about the eight dollars. I will say that it looks like a nightmare trying to get in, traffic is all backed up.

Gotta go in through the backside, timonium road entrance ;)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    :tdown:

Attachments

• 20160116_120903.jpg
      20160116_120903.jpg
      41.4 KB · Views: 312

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    This was a great show. Lots of C&R and new stuff. Prices were more than fair especially from the IP's, namely Shooters Discount, Bluefins, Tyler, Firearms etc. Seemed like a lot of paperwork was being filled out. Hope you guys have big days!

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Looking for BUIS for an AR and 9mm dies... is this worth the trip, or should I wait for HoCo Show (only 20 min from my house)...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got there about 10am, left about 1pm. Good show. Meet a few MDS'ers. As stated lou did not have time to put his snuggies on. He was very busy, but we talked about the Sarah doll posted above.

A lot more gun vendors, I still didn't like the guy in the first row on the right side, with the sign that says he's selling his personal firearms, but there were commercial price tags on every one of them. He's been to the last couple Timonium shows and has had that sign up each time.

Some good prices, not great. I was a little disappointed in the selection of firearms. But that may just be me. Neil was the only one to have powder and it was a powder I didn't recognize. DO NOT go to the food court. $12 for a pulled pork sandwich and a coke, and the sandwich was worse than cafeteria food back in school.

A lot of bad information was being passed around. Some guy with a Batimore Police t-shirt was giving a hard time to one of the vendors saying that a rifle he was selling was on the list of banned firearms. He said because it had a threaded barrel (no flash suppressor or muzzle break on the rifle) and a folding stock, it was on the list. I let the man have his say and then the vendor and I talked and he just blew off the guy.

*****Then I was at a vendors' table and telling him I was looking at a stock he had and I wanted to measure it to see if it could be used to complete a SBR I'm building (after the paperwork comes back). He then told me that BATF told him that in order to measure the overall length, you had to collapse the butt stock and then measure the rifle. I assured him he had misunderstood, but he told me I was wrong. I then asked him how many SBRs he has sold in the last year and he said he doesn't sell them. So I asked him why would a BATF agent tell him something if he wasn't selling that specific item. He shut up and walked away.

I walked for as long as my knee would allow. After all of this walking, there wasn't anything that jumped out at me that said buy me.

However, I do believe another suppressor is in my future. Gotta make a call and see what we can do.

Good luck to the attendees, I hope you find what you're looking for.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Finished setting up this afternoon, and looks like a decent selection of vendors even saw one I've never seen at the shows before. Should be interesting. We have lots of inventory for the show including a whole buncha C&R guns!! Mosin's, Mauser's,Enfields,SKS's,K31's and 2 nice H&R Arms M1 Garands.

Good talking to you today.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    A lot of bad information was being passed around. Some guy with a Batimore Police t-shirt was giving a hard time to one of the vendors saying that a rifle he was selling was on the list of banned firearms. He said because it had a threaded barrel (no flash suppressor or muzzle break on the rifle) and a folding stock, it was on the list. I let the man have his say and then the vendor and I talked and he just blew off the guy.

He wasn't the only one telling vendors about banned rifles on their tables:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Good lord. That's a gun show price of I've ever seen one.

Oh, there were some out of this world prices on some firearms. C&R and modern prices were decent, but there were some who must have thought they had one of a kind firearms for sale.

I guess they figure they can always go down in price, but it's impossible to raise their prices once someone show interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom