• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Living_Legend

Jan 12, 2016
    First Post

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post. I am actual new to possibly owning my first firearm. I just received my HQL. My dad has been a city cop for years so I have experience with Glocks and I have been to the range in Vegas a few times shooting many different firearms, so I am still a rookie in the gun game but not a complete virgin.

Would buying a gun from the gun show be a good/bad first time purchase? I am looking at Glock 30 Gen 4 / Glock 36 / or Glock 43 for my first possible gun, first purchase will be a glock just based of comfort. I'll expand my zone later. I need to hold the 30 vs the 36/43 to see what feels best.

How does buying from a show work? I purchase and then go to their shop (where ever they are from) 8 days plus later?

Thanks,

Mike

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    How does buying from a show work? I purchase and then go to their shop (where ever they are from) 8 days plus later?

yes you would go to their shop 8 days later to pick up. sometimes you may have to drive a long way to pick up. I would check to see where the shop is before purchasing. the dealers come from all over the state to this show.

as far a good first buying experience it would be up too. you everyone has their own opinions about MD gun shows and welcome to the forum. you should go check into the introductions section of the forum

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    yes you would go to their shop 8 days later to pick up. sometimes you may have to drive a long way to pick up. I would check to see where the shop is before purchasing. the dealers come from all over the state to this show.

what he said^^^

One of the reasons Im wary of buying a handgun from a show. I usually just stick to a shop that is local to me, since Ill have ot pay them a visit a week later to pick up.

BTW, welcome to the site and make sure to post up in the introductions section :wave:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    what he said^^^

One of the reasons Im wary of buying a handgun from a show. I usually just stick to a shop that is local to me, since Ill have ot pay them a visit a week later to pick up.

BTW, welcome to the site and make sure to post up in the introductions section :wave:

Most dealers will transfer the handgun to your preferred local dealer at the show, you will have to pay the transfer fee, but that is usually cheaper than the travel time and gas.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Most dealers will transfer the handgun to your preferred local dealer at the show, you will have to pay the transfer fee, but that is usually cheaper than the travel time and gas.

hehe, the lowest transfer fees of any place local to me is $50. I'd make a drive to save $50...

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post. I am actual new to possibly owning my first firearm. I just received my HQL. My dad has been a city cop for years so I have experience with Glocks and I have been to the range in Vegas a few times shooting many different firearms, so I am still a rookie in the gun game but not a complete virgin.

Would buying a gun from the gun show be a good/bad first time purchase? I am looking at Glock 30 Gen 4 / Glock 36 / or Glock 43 for my first possible gun, first purchase will be a glock just based of comfort. I'll expand my zone later. I need to hold the 30 vs the 36/43 to see what feels best.

Thanks,

Mike

You have to do your homework and really know your prices before looking for a deal at a gun show.

If you aren't sure what handgun you want to buy, a good strategy is to go to a shooting range that rents handguns and shoot a bunch of models that you are interested in. Holding a gun can give you an idea of how it feels to hold it, but that's different than how you shoot with it. Decide to buy the one that you feel you shoot best. Look here for reviews on gun shops and then call/visit several to compare prices.

Welcome to MDS and good luck.

LoveToShoot

Jun 4, 2015
    Bel Air, Md
    Hello,

Thanks,

Mike

If you are interested in a Glock you should check out Sam at the Cop Shop on Baltimore St. in the City. He sells a ton of them and will have the best deal because of this. He's not the most personable guy but if price makes a difference to you its worth a look.

3rdeyesurv

Industry Partner
    Nov 10, 2015
    Halethorpe
    Over the last year the show has decreased slightly. A few new comers (dealers) have started to appear. I know Tyler Firearms will be there this coming weekend. They are an Industry Partner with MD Shooters. The have a good assortment of guns, and their prices are reasonable. I have bought several guns from them this last year.

http://www.tylerfirearms.com/

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Regardless of their intent, the truth will be known once they try to buy at the show. Also interesting, no follow up. One post and no more.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Interesting first post :wave:

Yeah, I thought the same.:innocent0

Regardless of their intent, the truth will be known once they try to buy at the show. Also interesting, no follow up. One post and no more.

I jus' did a li'l background/follow up and this looks all legit; business neighbors.

Over the last year the show has decreased slightly. A few new comers (dealers) have started to appear. I know Tyler Firearms will be there this coming weekend. They are an Industry Partner with MD Shooters. The have a good assortment of guns, and their prices are reasonable. I have bought several guns from them this last year.

http://www.tylerfirearms.com/

Looks like Tyler got himself a new shill.:D:lol::lol2::party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom