Thoughts on Value of Pristine WWII-era Remington Rand 1911A1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Hard to tell for certain from the pics but, it looks like an arsenal rework to me. Today, it should be worth approx. $1800 to $2500, with a premium for the box.

Beware of GB pricing. I have seen a couple of guys get into a bidding war and drive a price to insane levels! A buddy of mine sold a gun that should have maxed out at $800 and it went for $2800 for that reason.

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Hard to tell for certain from the pics but, it looks like an arsenal rework to me. Today, it should be worth approx. $1800 to $2500, with a premium for the box.

Beware of GB pricing. I have seen a couple of guys get into a bidding war and drive a price to insane levels! A buddy of mine sold a gun that should have maxed out at $800 and it went for $2800 for that reason.
    This is along the lines I was thinking of.
    As to GB, always look at completed auctions. I ignore all those with wishful thinking asking prices. And like anyone good at statistics, you go with the bell curve, throw out the high and low results, to get a more accurate feel for the current market.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    This is along the lines I was thinking of.
    As to GB, always look at completed auctions. I ignore all those with wishful thinking asking prices. And like anyone good at statistics, you go with the bell curve, throw out the high and low results, to get a more accurate feel for the current market.
    I’ve been watching exactly that profile Remington pistol for a while to add to the collection…well, maybe a tad earlier number, ideally…no rush, and taking a chance on the CMP for the fun (and provenance) of it. I think that $3K guess is about right for an all-original Remington of that profile, with the box…maybe a touch more on a really good day…sure, someone might go lots higher at an auction, but I think the $3K mark is realistic.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I saw one in the same condition with the box sell a few months ago for $1,500.
    I picked one up just before all this transfer crap started for $400. Paid $800 for a Colt. Deals can still be had but you have to be in the right place at the right time. That transfer crap really put the brakes on. I was standing in a LGS when an old guy walked in with one and the owner wouldn't even make him an offer!

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I picked one up just before all this transfer crap started for $400. Paid $800 for a Colt. Deals can still be had but you have to be in the right place at the right time. That transfer crap really put the brakes on. I was standing in a LGS when an old guy walked in with one and the owner wouldn't even make him an offer!

Is there something new with legal process of transferring c&r handguns in the state? Curious if I missed something (honest question and
    not being a smarta$$) especially since I would expect someone to offer something for a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Is there something new with legal process of transferring c&r handguns in the state? Curious if I missed something (honest question and
    not being a smarta$$) especially since I would expect someone to offer something for a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not that I am aware of. Private sales between residents of the same state is what I was referring to, that has changed. Neither of these involved C&R.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Pistol looks to have been refinished the ordnance stamp is not in the white hard to tell in pictures but the finish does not look original. Unless the box has a sales receipt and a serial number it really does not add in value, these were sold in the 1980's and early 1990's for 10.00 a box sold as surplus kraft boxes because they were not used that often unless pistol was sold thru D.C.M. Pistol is a Remington, the most common pistol made. Gun is nice not knocking the gun, it is what it is. 1,500-2,000. If this was a Colt it would be worth 2,500. An early Colt with matching serial number slide, matching the receiver 3,000-3,500. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom