• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    5'2" in all directions...

I thought of her every time I saw the commercial with the Wendy's cartoon hamburger.
    inside-myspace.jpg

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Not gonna happen. A Special Session means no fundraisers for elected officials and next year is an election year. Add to that the only way this thing runs out of time is if the members want it to run out of time. No way they will come back for more.

If the clock runs out, it's a major win.

If you don't take anything else away from this thread, memorize the above!

Now get out there and make it happen!:bullhorn:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I hope you appreciate what an advocate we have in Patrick. This has been an inconvenience to some of us, but it has been an ordeal for him. It is completely voluntary, he even has to pay his own parking in Annapolis.

His tactics have been brilliant. He had a great way dealing with anticipated trouble-makers, which I won't describe. Consistency and reason breeds respect, not only from our side but the opposition. I have gained enormous admiration for MSI and Patrick in this process.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So basically, they will revise it to how they like, pass it, then MD's screwed anyway? To me revising means "i like this and will support it with these changes".

Heck, there are some parts of the bill I actually like. Mental health reporting is definitely something I would support. However, I would still make changes to the bill as it is written regarding that topic. Other than mental health reporting, there isn't much else in the bill that I would support.

Background checks for ALL gun purchases is something else that I would support, but here in Maryland we already require background checks for ALL regulated firearms, so the big problem maker (i.e., handguns) already have to go through a background check on each and every transfer according to the law. Doubt the hoodlums in Baltimore City adhere to that law though.

If they could come up with a decent means of catching straw purchasers, I would be alright with that too. It is about catching these people, not putting into law significant penalties that will never be applied because hardly anybody can be caught.

I am prepared to continue the fight even though it is during tax season. I'll sleep on the 16th of April.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The good news is you will have time to do taxes. The curtain closes on 8 April no matter what.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that omalleys mouthpiece - the Baltsun - went to enormous lengths in a recent article to say this was going to pass. They interviewed MSI, NRA and pro-rights lawmakers and came away with nothing but that. Despite the bulk of the interviews being how strong we are and how things are turning. Almost like they had to remind themselves of their 'inevitability'.

I don't think it's a majority thought yet, but I am privately told by even those on the other side they'd like this thing to just go away. That doesn't mean they don't like gun control; it just means this is such a glorified mess that fixing it via amendment is all but impossible. On that score we agree.

I don't think MSI has an issue with background checks provided they are not subterfuge for other things - like disenfranchisement or registration. All for keeping bad people away from guns. For the record, stopping private transfers is disenfranchisement in our view. Too ugly.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Background checks for ALL transfers? Really? :sad20:

I, for one, am not even remotely interested in that idea. I think current MD law needs to be scaled back to allow for, at the very least, transfers of any firearm (regulated or not) between close family members with no background check of any kind.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks Patrick,

This is great news, so the first hurdle is to not let the house get a bill back over in 12 days. Then make sure nothing can happen by 4/8 at that point we will have bought ourselves another year to prepare, and hopefully change the landscape of the House and Senate just enough to make sure this kind of legislation doesnt pass.

Ive sent emails today and placed calls. Not to mention, Im in Europe so get it done people.

YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Does this mean that there will be one more day that we Rally? Everyday we should be contacting someone in Annapolis.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Thanks Patrick,

This is great news, so the first hurdle is to not let the house get a bill back over in 12 days. Then make sure nothing can happen by 4/8 at that point we will have bought ourselves another year to prepare, and hopefully change the landscape of the House and Senate just enough to make sure this kind of legislation doesnt pass.

Ive sent emails today and placed calls. Not to mention, Im in Europe so get it done people.

YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!

Since they are considering a bill that passed the Senate, the cross file doesn't apply.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I hope you appreciate what an advocate we have in Patrick. This has been an inconvenience to some of us, but it has been an ordeal for him. It is completely voluntary, he even has to pay his own parking in Annapolis.

His tactics have been brilliant. He had a great way dealing with anticipated trouble-makers, which I won't describe. Consistency and reason breeds respect, not only from our side but the opposition. I have gained enormous admiration for MSI and Patrick in this process.

+3..

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Patrick; said:
    I don't think it's a majority thought yet, but I am privately told by even those on the other side they'd like this thing to just go away. That doesn't mean they don't like gun control; it just means this is such a glorified mess that fixing it via amendment is all but impossible. On that score we agree.

This statement validates my theory a few posts back. Good shit and thanks for the update

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If you go to the GA's website and find the specific bills, under the "Documents" tab is a financial estimate document in addition to the bill itself. This includes the PROPOSING PERSON's estimate on revenue increase / costs only, not an independent review of its possible outcomes.

I read the one on SB 281 a few weeks ago. It made it extremely clear by saying the number of expected registrations and re-registrations (and re-license) applications would decrease substantially within 10 years... Pretty much to the point that they would, as others have said, make it economically unfeasable to own a firearm.

The underlying basis for that projection could be a gem. What was their stated rationale for that projection?

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    targeting those who voted for SB0281

For me I was thinking it would be more personal to have an email come directly from my email address rather than have it go through one of the mass mailers. For those that want to do this too you can copy and paste the following addresses into your "to" line of your email to make things easier for you. I will try to work on the delegates next.

To contact all Senators copy the following:

john.astle@senate.state.md.us; joanne.benson@senate.state.md.us; david.brinkley@senate.state.md.us; jim.brochin@senate.state.md.us; richard.colburn@senate.state.md.us; joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us; ulysses.currie@senate.state.md.us; james.degrange@senate.state.md.us; roy.dyson@senate.state.md.us; george.edwards@senate.state.md.us; bill.ferguson@senate.state.md.us; ie.forehand@senate.state.md.us; brian.frosh@senate.state.md.us; garagiola@senate.state.md.us; joseph.getty@senate.state.md.us; lisa.gladden@senate.state.md.us; y.glassman@senate.state.md.us; nancy.jacobs@senate.state.md.us; jb.jennings@senate.state.md.us; verna.jones@senate.state.md.us; edward.kasemeyer@senate.state.md.us; delores.kelley@senate.state.md.us; nancy.king@senate.state.md.us; allan.kittleman@senate.state.md.us; katherine.klausmeier@senate.state.md.us; richard.madaleno@senate.state.md.us; er.manno@senate.state.md.us; james.mathias@senate.state.md.us; nathaniel.mcfadden@senate.state.md.us; thomas.mcclain.middleton@senate.state.md.us; thomas.v.mike.miller@senate.state.md.us; karen.montgomery@senate.state.md.us; anthony.muse@senate.state.md.us; douglas.peters@senate.state.md.us; paul.pinsky@senate.state.md.us; ej.pipkin@senate.state.md.us; catherine.pugh@senate.state.md.us; victor.ramirez@senate.state.md.us; jamie.raskin@senate.state.md.us; edward.reilly@senate.state.md.us; james.robey@senate.state.md.us; rosapepe@senate.state.md.us; christopher.shank@senate.state.md.us; bryan.simonaire@senate.state.md.us; norman.stone@senate.state.md.us; ronald.young@senate.state.md.us; bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us

To target just those Senators voting for SB0281 copy the following:

joanne.benson@senate.state.md.us; jim.brochin@senate.state.md.us; joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us; ulysses.currie@senate.state.md.us; bill.ferguson@senate.state.md.us; ie.forehand@senate.state.md.us; brian.frosh@senate.state.md.us; garagiola@senate.state.md.us; lisa.gladden@senate.state.md.us; verna.jones@senate.state.md.us; edward.kasemeyer@senate.state.md.us; delores.kelley@senate.state.md.us; nancy.king@senate.state.md.us; richard.madaleno@senate.state.md.us; er.manno@senate.state.md.us; nathaniel.mcfadden@senate.state.md.us; thomas.mcclain.middleton@senate.state.md.us; thomas.v.mike.miller@senate.state.md.us; karen.montgomery@senate.state.md.us; anthony.muse@senate.state.md.us; douglas.peters@senate.state.md.us; paul.pinsky@senate.state.md.us; catherine.pugh@senate.state.md.us; victor.ramirez@senate.state.md.us; jamie.raskin@senate.state.md.us; james.robey@senate.state.md.us; rosapepe@senate.state.md.us; ronald.young@senate.state.md.us; bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us

To contact all Delegates copy the following:

kathy.afzali@house.state.md.us; curt.anderson@house.state.md.us; sam.arora@house.state.md.us; susan.aumann@house.state.md.us; charles.barkley@house.state.md.us; ben.barnes@house.state.md.us; kumar.barve@house.state.md.us; gail.bates@house.state.md.us; pamela.beidle@house.state.md.us; wendell.beitzel@house.state.md.us; elizabeth.bobo@house.state.md.us; john.bohanan@house.state.md.us; joseph.boteler@house.state.md.us; talmadge.branch@house.state.md.us; aisha.braveboy@house.state.md.us; eric.bromwell@house.state.md.us; emmett.burns@house.state.md.us; michael.busch@house.state.md.us; rudolph.cane@house.state.md.us; jon.cardin@house.state.md.us; alfred.carr@house.state.md.us; jill.carter@house.state.md.us; galen.clagett@house.state.md.us; luke.clippinger@house.state.md.us; john.cluster@house.state.md.us; frank.conaway@house.state.md.us; norman.conway@house.state.md.us; bob.costa@house.state.md.us; bonnie.cullison@house.state.md.us; dereck.davis@house.state.md.us; steven.deboy@house.state.md.us; john.donoghue@house.state.md.us; kathleen.dumais@house.state.md.us; don.dwyer@house.state.md.us; adelaide.eckardt@house.state.md.us; donald.elliott@house.state.md.us; brian.feldman@house.state.md.us; mark.fisher@house.state.md.us; william.frank@house.state.md.us; bill.frick@house.state.md.us; barbara.frush@house.state.md.us; tawanna.gaines@house.state.md.us; ron.george@house.state.md.us; jim.gilchrist@house.state.md.us; glen.glass@house.state.md.us; cheryl.glenn@house.state.md.us; melony.griffith@house.state.md.us; ana.gutierrez@house. state.md.us; guy.guzzone@house.state.md.us; jeannie.haddaway@house.state.md.us; peter.hammen@house.state.md.us; nina.harper@house.state.md.us; keith.haynes@house.state.md.us; anne.healey@house.state.md.us; steve.hershey@house.state.md.us; sheila.hixson@house.state.md.us; patrick.hogan@house.state.md.us; marvin.holmes@house.state.md.us; michael.hough@house.state.md.us; carolyn.howard@house.state.md.us; james.hubbard@house.state.md.us; tom.hucker@house.state.md.us; rick.impallaria@house.state.md.us; jolene.ivey@house.state.md.us; jay.jacobs@house.state.md.us; sally.jameson@house.state.md.us; mary.dulany.james@house.state.md.us; adrienne.jones@house.state.md.us; a.wade.kach@house.state.md.us; ariana.kelly@house.state.md.us ; kevin.kelly@house.state.md.us; anne.kaiser@house.state.md.us; nicholaus.kipke@house.state.md.us; benjamin.kramer@house.state.md.us; susan.krebs@house.state.md.us; stephen.lafferty@house.state.md.us; susan.lee@house.state.md.us; maryann.love@house.state.md.us; eric.luedtke@house.state.md.us; james.malone@house.state.md.us; susan.mccomas@house.state.md.us; tony.mcconkey@house.state.md.us; mike.mcdermott@house.state.md.us; pat.mcdonough@house.state.md.us; brian.mchale@house.state.md.us; maggie.mcintosh@house.state.md.us; herb.mcmillan@house.state.md.us; warren.miller@house.state.md.us; joseph.minnick@house.state.md.us; keiffer.mitchell@house.state.md.us; heather.mizeur@house.state.md.us; dan.morhaim@house.state.md.us; peter.murphy@house.state.md.us; leroy.myers@house.state.md.us; shirley.nathan.pulliam@house.state.md.us; doyle.niemann@house.state.md.us; wayne.norman@house.state.md.us; nathaniel.oaks@house.state.md.us; anthony.odonnell@house.state.md.us; john.olszewski@house.state.md.us; charles.otto@house.state.md.us; neil.parrott@house.state.md.us; joseline.pena.melnyk@house.state.md.us; shane.pendergrass@house.state.md.us; james.proctor@house.state.md.us; justin.ready@house.state.md.us; kirill.reznik@house.state.md.us; shane.robinson@house.state.md.us; barbara.robinson@house.state.md.us; samuel.rosenberg@house.state.md.us; david.rudolph@house.state.md.us; steve.schuh@house.state.md.us; kelly.schulz@house.state.md.us; andrew.serafini@house.state.md.us; luiz.simmons@house.state.md.us; michael.smigiel@house.state.md.us; ted.sophocleus@house.state.md.us; dana.stein@house.state.md.us; donna.stifler@house.state.md.us; nancy.stocksdale@house.state.md.us; melvin.stukes@house.state.md.us; michael.summers@house.state.md.us; darren.swain@house.state.md.us; kathy.szeliga@house.state.md.us; shawn.tarrant@house.state.md.us; frank.turner@house.state.md.us; veronica.turner@house.state.md.us; kris.valderrama@house.state.md.us; geraldine.valentino@house.state.md.us; joseph.vallario@house.state.md.us; michael.vaughn@house.state.md.us; cathy.vitale@house.state.md.us; jeff.waldstreicher@house.state.md.us; jay.walker@house.state.md.us; alonzo.washington@house.state.md.us; mary.washington@house.state.md.us; michael.weir@house.state.md.us; ct.wilson@house.state.md.us; john.wood@house.state.md.us; craig.zucker@house.state.md.us

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have a delegate on the House HGO Committee (Pena-Melnyk), and have been talking to her non stop about this bill since day one. I haven't bombarded or harassed her with e-mail and phone calls every day, but instead have taken the approach to discuss a part of the bill at a time. While I think she will vote for the bill in order to pass some of the items she supports, there are parts (I feel) she is starting to waver on.

I will continue to work on her specifically, as well as continue to send e-mails and faxes to my other two Delegates and my Senator, since they may get a chance to vote on this bill.

Every chance I get, I poke my head in their offices and say "Hi, by the way, have given thought to XX part of the bill?" Since I have several vendors in Annapolis, they have seen quite a bit of me this year. I think they may need to get used to seeing me every year from here on out.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Thanks Patrick. I think they are finally realizing how big a hornets nest they have knocked down and started kicking around...trouble is, the reality is an on the job style civics lesson for perhaps thousands of citizens who may not go away...even if they do stop talking about gun control. They may have prefered a hornets nest...

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Anything can happen, but crossover date is 25 March. If they don't hear them in committee soon, then it gets neigh impossible to move them anywhere.

:thumbsup: Time and lots of it is our best friend now :party29:

My 2 cents

The House is rejecting amended SB 281 :thumbsup: Its too soon to call

When & if the House Committees vote on the HB 294 the longer they take the better for us too. Doubt the House will Amend SB 281 as they could politically force the Senate to accept their version of HB 294 (amended) so if the Senate doesn't accept amended HB 294 and the House doesn't accept SB 281 then MOM gets nothing :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom