• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    You could also move to the Dahlgren/King George/Colonial Beach area of Virginia and be in a beautiful, inexpensive, history-filled area and still be about 1.5 hours from Annapolis via Route 301 which is usually a fairly pleasant drive.

Last edited:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Hi all. I'm an old guy...60 years old...who has been shooting for about 20 years now in Idaho and Oregon. I was a late bloomer but it would be fair to say that I am now something of a "gun nut" in that I simply love to own and shoot quality firearms.

But life has changed a little bit. Our first grandchild was born at the end of October and what do new grandparents do when that happens but think about moving to be closer to that new little person. He is pretty much irresistible to his grandmother and to me. So...we are considering moving to be closer to our kids in Annapolis.

However, owning quite a few firearms as I do, the thought of moving to Maryland scares the daylights out of me. i shoot pistols (lots of NRA bullseye and a little bit of IDPA but lots of self-defense "practice" on my own). I shoot a lot of sporting clays and five stand. And I own a number of rifles and am just learning to shoot them. In particularly I would love to learn some precision longer range rifle shooting...500 yards? 1000 yards? I would love to get any thoughts y'all might share with me about everything from the availability of places to shoot to the number of competitions around (bullseye, IDPA, three gun etc. etc.) to the realities of gun ownership in the state of Maryland. Perhaps even some insight into what parts of Maryland might be more to my liking. Or thoughts about nearby Pennsylvania or Virginia.

While I am perfectly legal to buy firearms and have done so through my local FFL many, many times, I also own a large number of guns purchased FTF. Did I say I own a LOT of guns. I don't relish the nightmare scenario of having to get permission from the state of Maryland to continue to own all of the guns that I currently own.

So if anyone can shed some light for me on all of those questions, I would really appreciate it. I apologize if I don't know or follow all the correct protocols but if anyone would like to respond to my personal e-mail address, I would love to have some "conversations" there. It is "boisepaw@gmail.com".

Or if I need to start a new thread to ask those questions more generally, perhaps someone can help me figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Stay in Idaho...I lived in MD for a few years it was very restrictive, little to no chance of concealed carry permit, majority of rude people everywhere. very few ranges over 100yds and most "gun clubs" were quite expensive membership each year so I never joined. Not to mention HIGH cost of living and taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom