• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Colorado Dems just followed up their gun ban with a bill that will make voting for them (early, often, and now late) easier.

Brace yourself for something similar in MD.

Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    You can leave or stand and fight. I've been here longer than most of those in office. I'm not letting them run me out of my own state. Time for the gloves to come off.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Uhh, why does his race matter? Yes, as someone mentioned, it factor into his chances of winning the nomination, but your comment seems to reflect on his abilities should he win the race.

So please, either correct my misunderstanding, or tell me more about your views...

I don't think it matters much either. The poster may have been taking into consideration the fact that the black community votes monolithically. What he is not considering is they vote for who they are told to vote for, not necessarily for the black candidate.

I respect Lt.Gov Brown a million times more than I do MOM. I would not vote for Lt.Gov Brown for Governor but I do not think I would ever hold the contempt for him that I do omalley.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    You can leave or stand and fight. I've been here longer than most of those in office. I'm not letting them run me out of my own state. Time for the gloves to come off.

I'll stand and fight. When you turn and retreat, that's when you get shot in the back. I'd rather see it coming. Besides, I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet. :D Although, I think she's warming up. :innocent0

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Well we seen how being nice,polite,showing courtesy worked this past session,not saying that isn't good but look at how the liberals attack and occupiers and other protesters act and in smaller numbers and they get all the attention,I say none of these politicians should get an easy pass at any event they show up at and make there jobs difficult to the point they will listen to us or run and hide.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Colorado Dems just followed up their gun ban with a bill that will make voting for them (early, often, and now late) easier.

Brace yourself for something similar in MD.

Are you kidding? They are following MD's lead... Passed this year in Session and signed by MOM:

SB 279 " Improved Access to Voting". Allows same day registration during early voting.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_157_sb0279e.pdf

They ran a 5 ring circus down there this year to continually distract the people while enacting the most egregious agenda. I continue to discover the transgressions.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Hey you never know, even the most diehard black dem professionals may be disenchanted after a couple more years of OMighty and OBlama to vote in Obama lite locally.

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't think it matters much either. The poster may have been taking into consideration the fact that the black community votes monolithically. What he is not considering is they vote for who they are told to vote for, not necessarily for the black candidate.

Point noted. I forgot about the Cardin/Steele race of '06. Prime example.

I respect Lt.Gov Brown a million times more than I do MOM. I would not vote for Lt.Gov Brown for Governor but I do not think I would ever hold the contempt for him that I do omalley.

And why's that? I respect and honor his military service, but that's about it. That said, what makes anyone think that a Governor Anthony Brown would not have imposed the same crapola on us as has Governor Martin O'Malley?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I am wondering about all the consternation over events that we knew or should have known are coming. This is leftest state. That is not news. Water is wet,and will drown you if you can not swim.

I intend to swim, not complain about the wetness.

What say all of you?

I am just reading the writing on the wall . with him and gansler running don't think we have a shot at a viable candidate for governor that will get elected.

Isn't this the way the started decimating the Native Americans?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am just reading the writing on the wall . with him and gansler running don't think we have a shot at a viable candidate for governor that will get elected.

Isn't this the way the started decimating the Native Americans?

You are way late to this reading. I did not join the fight with false hopes and I will not abandon it with false despair. Our task has always been huge. Nothing has changed.

Perhaps you can now see why we must always out think them, and never play against their strengths. Perhaps you have heard this line of reasoning before. Perhaps you will better understand its wisdom.

Anyone can fight when the match is even, only the tactically wise can fight when overmatched.

I intend to win. I intend to fight smart, and if I lose I will force them to beat me.
    Now you must decide --- it was never going to be easy. NEVER.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I'm going take my income to VA, but continue to own the house here in MD. So MD will get property tax on it, but that's all.

I'm not going to rent my house out, for the exact reason stated above - because that will replace my income with someone else's. Nope - I'm going for a Net Loss of tax income to the state. The house will still be here - but no income taxpayer will be in it.. It'll be "my weekend place". My "official" residence will be in VA next year.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

To all the people staring they will be in va next year, we all know that 10% will actually make the move and they are not the ones bragging about it. Also, no one cares, go for it, just don't feel the need to announce it every week in a new topic

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Are you kidding? They are following MD's lead... Passed this year in Session and signed by MOM:

SB 279 " Improved Access to Voting". Allows same day registration during early voting.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_157_sb0279e.pdf

They ran a 5 ring circus down there this year to continually distract the people while enacting the most egregious agenda. I continue to discover the transgressions.

MVA offers to register anyone to vote. Non citizens,Illegals even my minor daughter. She can't legally vote but she is registered as well as many others I am sure. Election fraud is the only reason not to have 100% ID checks on Election DAY!!!!

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    This primary should be interesting, although I think Brown may have a better chance. In Maryland's 3 subdivisions that control the other 21, blacks are the dominant demographic, and may very well mostly vote for Brown.

Only problem is, we'll never find someone on our side with money to even compare with that of the Curran family.

I think you are forgetting Charles Lollar. He has an excellent chance of taking the election!

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    And why's that? I respect and honor his military service, but that's about it. That said, what makes anyone think that a Governor Anthony Brown would not have imposed the same crapola on us as has Governor Martin O'Malley?

For me, it's all about the military service. omalley hates us, and I hate him. I hate Brown's ideas but don't hate him. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it's how I feel. Reserving the right to change my mind though, and become an equal opportunity hater.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    For me, it's all about the military service. omalley hates us, and I hate him. I hate Brown's ideas but don't hate him. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it's how I feel. Reserving the right to change my mind though, and become an equal opportunity hater.

Agreed.

Feb 28, 2013
    I think you are forgetting Charles Lollar. He has an excellent chance of taking the election!

I don't see him getting many black votes at all though, due to the old "sell out",
    "uncle tom", and "not being authentically black" game.

That said, he would certainly get my vote.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    He's actually a worse public speaker than KKT, the anointed one who could never loose to any Republican.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

To all the people staring they will be in va next year, we all know that 10% will actually make the move and they are not the ones bragging about it. Also, no one cares, go for it, just don't feel the need to announce it every week in a new topic

Just out of curriousity, why is that "the dumbest thing you've ever read"?

I'll concede that you're probably younger than me, and as such, maybe haven't had the chance to read many things yet, but still "dumbest" is worthy of recognition!!!

So tell me - why exactly is it dumb? Explain for the rest of us, please.

Because with a little bit of effort and a couple thousand dollars or so a year, I'll be able to do the following:

1) Keep more of my income by paying VA state income tax instead of MD. This will "pay" for itself over the cost of doing it each year, at my current income. (Really, it's worth doing all by itself just for that, actually...)

2) VA resident CCW.

3) No more absurd MD gun laws. Buy what you want, when you want, and take it with you.

4) Money taken away from the state of Maryland and not replaced. This is the best part for me, because I get to make a statement by taking many thousands of my dollars away from this state. And unlike selling the house and moving away completely - where the house will be occupied again by another taxpayer - there's no replacing that tax income my way. I still own the house - but my income taxes go to VA and this address in MD offcially becomes my "second home". Yes, I still pay property taxes, of course - no avoiding those. And the "homestead tax exemption" no longer applies, but that's neglible in my case with the current assestments and real estate market.

5) My commute will be shorter when I'm at my VA residence. One vehicle will get tagged in VA, the other will stay here in MD. VA has a personal property tax on vehicles every year where MD doesn't, so the more expensive car will stay here in MD.

So, next year I get to lower my state taxes and escape MD gun laws, while still owning my home in MD and being able to come and go as I please.

What part of that is "dumb", exactly?

http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=ResidencyStatus

The rules are fairly straightforward. The key phrase is "maintain a place of abode.... for at least 183 days per year...". Ponder the wording of that, because it's written that way for a reason. "Maintain a place of abode". A place where you can reside.

For those interested - "Housing to Share" on Craigslist is a place to start. You can find postings for housing to share in lots of nice places in VA that are close to MD. To establish residency of 183 days a year or more (it can be nonconsecutive days) you must provide proof of address, rent receipts or ultility bills, ect. You'll need these when you change drivers licenses.

Housing to share deals abound out there. Without going too far into it beyond the obvious, there are LOTS of people for whom having an ideal housemate (one that "travels" alot and is never "home") is a much sought after thing. They get a couple hundred dollars every month, you get to "maintain a place of abode". For when you're not traveling on business or at your second home, of course. And of course, like good housemates, they'll hold your mail for you until you get back "home".

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    5) My commute will be shorter when I'm at my VA residence. One vehicle will get tagged in VA, the other will stay here in MD. VA has a personal property tax on vehicles every year where MD doesn't, so the more expensive car will stay here in MD.

Be VERY careful here. Make ABSOLUTELY sure your residency is legally set. Tagged in MD typically means owned by a MARYLAND resident. While IANAL, please consult on what it takes for legal residency...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom