• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    With Oct 1 fast approaching, I have been thinking about selling my 50 cal rifle. I never shoot it and I have only put about 20rds down the barrel to break it in. I could use the money to buy or fund other guns I want or will shoot more often.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy?

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    With Oct 1 fast approaching, I have been thinking about selling my 50 cal rifle. I never shoot it and I have only put about 20rds down the barrel to break it in. I could use the money to buy or fund other guns I want or will shoot more often.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy?

I would sell it if I were you. Buy a couple nice things with the money.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Cool karma. I'm in 812.

Your rifle do whatever you want with it.

I dont get it, that doesn't make any sense .This is not a karma post, just wanted other opinions if they think it would be wise to sell it before Oct 1.

Thanks for the insight, I didn't realize I could sell my own possessions. /sarcasm

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I dont get it, that doesn't make any sense .This is not a karma post, just wanted other opinions if they think it would be wise to sell it before Oct 1.

Thanks for the insight, I didn't realize I could sell my own possessions. /sarcasm

I think he was being :rolleyes:

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Put it in the classifieds for a price you'd be more than happy to sell it for. See if you get any reasonable offers, decide then.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    "Sweet karma" is a saying so people can crack a joke to get free stuff. It's akin to seeing your friend buy a Ferrari and saying "sweet wheres mine?"

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I think it depends upon how much of a safe queen it is for you. I have rifles and pistols to shoot. Granted, there are at least a couple that I only take out once a year or so, but they still get used. If you love shooting the caliber (...and probably reload for it) and have a place to shoot it... keep it. If you've not taken it out in more than a year, and you feel a cringe in your wallet every time you squeeze the trigger... sell it and get something you're more likely to enjoy. The bottom line is that shooting is an enjoyable endeavor...

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I think it depends upon how much of a safe queen it is for you. I have rifles and pistols to shoot. Granted, there are at least a couple that I only take out once a year or so, but they still get used. If you love shooting the caliber (...and probably reload for it) and have a place to shoot it... keep it. If you've not taken it out in more than a year, and you feel a cringe in your wallet every time you squeeze the trigger... sell it and get something you're more likely to enjoy. The bottom line is that shooting is an enjoyable endeavor...

I agree. The issue is, there is no where to shoot it. Most ranges wont let you fire it and I don't have any friends with the land to shoot it at. I would love to take it out more often.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I agree. The issue is, there is no where to shoot it. Most ranges wont let you fire it and I don't have any friends with the land to shoot it at.

yep, one of the reasons i haven't bought a 338 lapua or similar big caliber long range round. most of the competitions i have seen have a max at .300 win.

btw, unless they changed recently, www.340defense.com range near charles town, wv allows .50 and goes out to (just) 400yds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom