• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yea, speaking of Lou, I had quite shock at the show today. I get there and as I'm walking up to the door, there's Lou, standing outside talking to a guy! :shocking:

I stopped and said hi, asked how the show was going. It's the first time I've ever said anything to him at a show before. Usually he's sitting at his table filling out forms. I know better than to interrupt him.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Good thing they didn't steal this. There'd be a posse after them.

Ok, NOW you've done it!!!!!!!!! Taking my Sarah spare parts kit!!!!!!!! Did Mopar bring that to you tonight???!!! He was doing some things in the shop on his own, apparently pretendin' to be workin' but it is now evident he snuck my Sarah spare parts kit out the door when I wasn't lookin'.

I cannot wait till Lou reads this thread.

I guess I'll have to look at the boxes tomorrow and see if there are any other spare parts kits left, or did you take all three ov'em???

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Ok, NOW you've done it!!!!!!!!! Taking my Sarah spare parts kit!!!!!!!! Did Mopar bring that to you tonight???!!! He was doing some things in the shop on his own, apparently pretendin' to be workin' but it is now evident he snuck my Sarah spare parts kit out the door when I wasn't lookin'.

I guess I'll have to look at the boxes tomorrow and see if there are any other spare parts kits left, or did you take all three ov'em???

See what happens when you leave him unattended, he starts playin with your parts. Who knows what he's done with the Sarahs.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Show was nothing to write home about. All the worthwhile shows I've attended have been out of State...kind of figures, don't it?

Wait to see what/if the Md shows will be like after Oct 1st.:sad20:

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    We occasionally have stuff "grow feet" at LOCKSMITH tradeshows!
    :mad54:

And attendees are (somewhat) vetted when/before they register.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Almost makes one want to leave a box of "bait" ammo sitting out - one loaded with 5X the safe amount of powder.

Only problem is, there's no guarantee the thief would be the one to destroy his gun with it.

This old timer at the Chantilly show today was telling me he brought home a Mosin Nagant from Vietnam, and that he found a whole bunch of ammo with the gun at the time.

Turns out the ammo was booby trapped in just this same way, but he said the damn mosin carbine was so tough he fired a good handful of them with no ill effects, other than it being extremely loud and causing an extremely sore shoulder.

Apparently he just thought "those damned soviet rifles kick like a mule" until a fellow GI came over and told him the ammo was probably booby trapped. Sure enough when they took a couple apart there was not only extra powder, but pebbles and grit- I guess in an attempt to block the bore?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Not a big ticket item, but if pisses me of none the less.
    i had a box of .45acp tracers stolen off my table.:mad54:
    its bad enough we have the liberals trying to take our gun rights from us, but now we have a few bad apples have resorted to stealing as well.
    had to vent.

9/29/13

Well i'm walking around at the Mountain Rd flea market and i walk up to a table selling ammo.
    he has several cases of .223 ammo for sale and when i look down there's my box of tracer ammo!:mad54:
    the sticker was still on it in my hand writing. he didnt even bother to pull it off. :rolleyes:
    i tell the guy this was stolen off my table at a gun show.
    he doesnt even flinch. he hands it to me and says if its yours then take it.
    he stated buys ammo off of people then resells it.
    i didnt recognize him from the show, but we were real busy.

I really hope you remembered what this person looks like. If we are at a show in the future and you see this person, make sure you point him out to me.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    This old timer at the Chantilly show today was telling me he brought home a Mosin Nagant from Vietnam, and that he found a whole bunch of ammo with the gun at the time.

Turns out the ammo was booby trapped in just this same way, but he said the damn mosin carbine was so tough he fired a good handful of them with no ill effects, other than it being extremely loud and causing an extremely sore shoulder.

Apparently he just thought "those damned soviet rifles kick like a mule" until a fellow GI came over and told him the ammo was probably booby trapped. Sure enough when they took a couple apart there was not only extra powder, but pebbles and grit- I guess in an attempt to block the bore?

I heard the British in Malaysia would also booby trap ammo, but with thermite. Gun would get welded shut rather than blown up. That way, if a friendly accidentally fired the ammo, it would not be catastrophic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom