• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monsternav

May 20, 2005
    St Marys/Kuwait
    I went to buy one of these the first day, and saw the "No Sales to Maryland" thing and gave up.

Coming across this thread (I've been gone about a week), I went back. Lo and behold, no more MD restriction. 31 left.

Gonna get one by phone in the AM, as I can never log into their site.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I got an email Monday saying that mine had shipped.

Since they are in OH, I should get it today!
    :)

I broke down and bought another. Makes three. Mine is at UPS waiting for me to get back today and grab it. I will post a couple photos when I get it.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!

Mine should be on the truck wending its way here now ... but we seem to be at the end of the line, unless the regular driver decides that I'm "not home" and goes home when she feels like it (the substitute is far more competent).

Film at 11:00.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I broke down and bought another. Makes three. Mine is at UPS waiting for me to get back today and grab it. I will post a couple photos when I get it.

Yea, I may do the same. 5 seems like a nice round number......

BTW, Sportsman's Guide had 9mm Mak ammo in stock as of yesterday.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Handgun, delivered directly to my door!

God bless America!!!
    :party29::party29::party29:

And so it begins....

Attachments

• CZ82.jpg
      CZ82.jpg
      94 KB · Views: 144

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I gotta question...

Do I go by the serial number stamped on the slide and barrel? Or the "dot matrix" one?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I gotta question...

Do I go by the serial number stamped on the slide and barrel? Or the "dot matrix" one?

If the importer has put a serial number on a firearm (it should also be on a tag that came with the gun), that's the official number for your Bound Book.

What I do (and I think most people do), is to enter that number first, but also identify any other serial numbers that appear on the firearm. It just makes for a clearer ID for my own purposes ... or for my heirs, when I eventually go to that Great BATFE Audit in the Sky. Just identify which number is which.

XXXXXX - Serial number by CAI, importer, on slide.

YYYYYY - Serial number stamped on receiver by manufacturer.

ZZZZZ - Uncertain serial number on the (part of gun); perhaps a unit or arsenal number.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    AIM sent a WINNER!

Right out of the box. Except for the mags and holster, it looks brand new. Don't see any scratches anywhere, other than some very minor stuff in the checkering of the grips (may be from the mfg. that way). The bore is perfect, other than some cardboard dust from the shipping box. Even the area of the finish where the import stamp is engraved is excellent! No flaking at all around the letters.

Typical fairly long travel in the trigger, but it's not slack travel, isn't at all gritty feeling, and there's a very clean break at the end. It should be an excellent shooter.

That's what I like to see!

Attachments

• post_1.jpg
      post_1.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 131

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Light usage pistol for sure...

Here is mine. A lightly used pistol for sure. Very few marks on the grips but the pistol itself is in very good condition. As others did I got two different mag styles. The flat plate mag with the indent near the bottom does not go in / out as well as the fatter plated mag. Loosened up the grip screws which helped but a nice set.

Attachments

• DSCF5879_resize.jpg
      DSCF5879_resize.jpg
      99 KB · Views: 122
    • DSCF5880_resize.jpg
      DSCF5880_resize.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 117
    • DSCF5886_resize.jpg
      DSCF5886_resize.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 120
    • DSCF5893_resize.jpg
      DSCF5893_resize.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 119

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I'd say that was a darned good batch that AIM got in. I held off buying another one for awhile, because what the dealers were shipping didn't look all that great, but I'd rather pay $300 for a really nice CZ82 than $250 for one that looks like it was three days after getting a really bad sunburn.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Here is mine. A lightly used pistol for sure. Very few marks on the grips but the pistol itself is in very good condition. As others did I got two different mag styles. The flat plate mag with the indent near the bottom does not go in / out as well as the fatter plated mag. Loosened up the grip screws which helped but a nice set.

The screws will loosen and back out on you when shooting if they aren't held in tight.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=126038
    Post #2 talks about putting O-rings in for both keeping the screws from backing out and so they don't go in so deep that they make the grips mash the mags in so tight.

Lots of other good tips I used in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom