• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Back to the AGM TM10-256 . . .
    Thanks erwos for identifying this product and apologies for my repeated posts on this "low-end" product.

AGM offers an External Power Bank for $43 that appears to work with the TM10-256. Does anyone have this optional product, and do you know if use of this power supply would allow device function if the internal battery is dead and will not recharge normally. If so, this addresses, if not overcomes, a major potential issue for a scenario where factory internal battery replacement might not be available.
    I have the same concerns

I am always leary of internal batteries and I always question what happens if they go bad

I look forward to the answer

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Just a heads up for those in the market for thermals, RIX optics has entered the thermal world and seems to have brought a decent product to the table for a reasonable price. They are fairly new and time will tell. A friend of mines Pulsar decided to give it up a few weeks ago. Being less than a year old, it is going back to Pulsar but its expected to be gone for 3 months. He bought a RIX L3 to hold him over and so far he seems to be impressed with it.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Just curious how you all sight in your thermals. I put a roofing nail in a piece of cardboard and heated it with a lighter. It would glow for 5 minutes or so and I could shoot at it. Could also see where the bullets struck the cardboard from the friction generated from bullet passing through.
    V

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Just curious how you all sight in your thermals. I put a roofing nail in a piece of cardboard and heated it with a lighter. It would glow for 5 minutes or so and I could shoot at it. Could also see where the bullets struck the cardboard from the friction generated from bullet passing through.
    V
    I use foil tape and generally the smaller hand/ toe warmers. If i shoot at 200yds I will use the larger handwarmers

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    If the sun is out I can use white
    paper with any small target design. I’ve also used hitnsee with warmers or just plain steel targets. It will greatly depend on the optic and what you can see. My old ATN could barely make out a white steel target where my pulsar can see the links on the chain. I also picked up a target last year that’s black plastic like a cutting board and has silver circles painted on it. It works very well at night. As above the energy left from the hit shows where you hit. But it’s not for dialing in a real tight zero.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well I couldn’t control myself and I got a Sightmark wraith mini thermal rifle scope

In my defense it was on sale for what I thought was a great deal

PSA had a one day , more like a one hour, sale. $1499 for the scope and a quick detach mount

It’s not on a rifle yet. I am using it like a handheld because it’s small enough for that and I am trying to figure out the menu and settings. It’s easy enough to use but I am a bit slow lol

It truly is like having a super power

It’s wild

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Wraith mini thermal or rattler ts25-384?

They seem to spec somewhere close to the same

Or jump to the rattler ts35-640?

Or is it worth it to go to the ts50-640?

I probably won’t get either until the middle to end of 2024, unless I can scratch up the extra cash quicker, so I have time to think

The first two just seem reasonably priced and quality for something that I would not use a tremendous amount. They’re small enough to use for monoculars as well as scopes so they can do double duty.

Or if I hold off until bonus time next year then I could jump to the ts50-640 but is it actually worth it?

I know but once cry once but if that’s the case o should just jump into the 1280’s right now at their beginning lol but the $17,999 price point on the only one I have seen is gonna be a no for me because I am not separating myself from that much of my money for what will most likely be a toy for me lol

What does the MDS brain trust think?
    Outdoor Legacy has the Rattler TS35 640 for $2999 that is $1500 cheaper than the latest and greatest model announced at Shot Show. This is probably the best bang for the Thermal Buck out there with an industry leading 5 year warranty. It comes w/ a Quick Disconnect making it a handheld, does video, 5 different setting for mounting on different riffles etc. For around here it is a really nice T-scope.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Outdoor Legacy has the Rattler TS35 640 for $2999 that is $1500 cheaper than the latest and greatest model announced at Shot Show. This is probably the best bang for the Thermal Buck out there with an industry leading 5 year warranty. It comes w/ a Quick Disconnect making it a handheld, does video, 5 different setting for mounting on different riffles etc. For around here it is a really nice T-scope.
    The V2 TS 50 640 is $4,495 and I almost pulled the trigger on that but those guys say the clarion with the digital zoom is way cool so I am saving up for one of them but for the price PSA had on the wraith mini thermal I figured I would jump in and keep saving for something better later. I know, but once cry once but fvck it I wanted one I could afford quickly and that wouldn’t break my budget so that’s what I got.

And it’s amazing

I have nothing to compare it to but I just sat out and watched rabbits and mice out at 75 yards and I could easily identify deer out at 150-200 yards and they stood out like crazy but I can only imagine what the 640’s are like, or the 1280’s that are coming

Now my itch is scratched and my basic question answered and now I will get to saving and see what happens

And Sightmark has a limited lifetime warranty I believe but I haven’t needed to use it yet

And I know nothing is really a lifetime warranty but it sounds good lol

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Congrats on new toy. Changes everything.

Hard to believe it.
    It’s just wild

Indeed it’s hard to believe. This evening at the farm I was scanning at twilight where I couldn’t see anything around the field edges and I was picking up squirrels and rabbits and everything a small flock of birds with it set on black hot that I could pick out with my binoculars. Truly amazing

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    The V2 TS 50 640 is $4,495 and I almost pulled the trigger on that but those guys say the clarion with the digital zoom is way cool so I am saving up for one of them but for the price PSA had on the wraith mini thermal I figured I would jump in and keep saving for something better later. I know, but once cry once but fvck it I wanted one I could afford quickly and that wouldn’t break my budget so that’s what I got.

And it’s amazing

I have nothing to compare it to but I just sat out and watched rabbits and mice out at 75 yards and I could easily identify deer out at 150-200 yards and they stood out like crazy but I can only imagine what the 640’s are like, or the 1280’s that are coming

Now my itch is scratched and my basic question answered and now I will get to saving and see what happens

And Sightmark has a limited lifetime warranty I believe but I haven’t needed to use it yet

And I know nothing is really a lifetime warranty but it sounds good lol
    I can really empathize. Wait till you see your first deer fart emission and all the glowing eyballs. :-) PM me if you want to check out a v1 TS 35 640 some evening.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I recently purchased a gen 3 WP PVS14. I immediately realized how much more money I needed to spend to actually use it :eek:

I spent a bit more on a Holosun LE221R IR laser and a vampire head for my Surefire M600. After spending all that money, I went on a budget and got a cheap bump helmet, a Wilcox G24 knockoff mount, and a poor man’s ear pro configuration. I’ve been going out to my property in WV and it’s been holding up quite well. Today, I went to Harbor Freight and purchased some wheel weights to add some counter weight to my helmet and will be testing it out This weekend. I just wanted to post this in case anyone else is looking to spend a bit less on what it takes to run NV on a helmet.

IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I recently purchased a gen 3 WP PVS14. I immediately realized how much more money I needed to spend to actually use it :eek:

I spent a bit more on a Holosun LE221R IR laser and a vampire head for my Surefire M600. After spending all that money, I went on a budget and got a cheap bump helmet, a Wilcox G24 knockoff mount, and a poor man’s ear pro configuration. I’ve been going out to my property in WV and it’s been holding up quite well. Today, I went to Harbor Freight and purchased some wheel weights to add some counter weight to my helmet and will be testing it out This weekend. I just wanted to post this in case anyone else is looking to spend a bit less on what it takes to run NV on a helmet.

View attachment 453794 View attachment 453795
    Yeah. It’s ridiculous how much you can spend to use correctly.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

View attachment 453794 View attachment 453795

I’ve been pissing away a good chunk of change on NV and Thermal this past year.

691fbce715e6a9401d26a15750d36642.gif

The sad thing is I still want to spend more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom