• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My daughter was expressing her love for her 20 gauge shotgun and her dislike of the 12 gauge. She said for me just to go ahead and sell it and get something else after hearing I was contemplating getting a rifle.

My wife, hearing this, said "If she doesn't want it, you can give it to me for my birthday." Her birthday is 3/22.

I wasn't sure I heard right.

"I can shoot it and it feels right. It's very comfortable for me." my wife went on to say.

In 2008, my wife was in tears when I came out of Just Guns with a Mossberg 500...the thought of a gun in the house made her very uneasy.

Today, she has one of her own. :thumbsup:

We are a shooting family. Father, Mother and Daughter.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Because you've shown her that guns can be protection, fun and that they don't go off randomly, killing puppies.

Good job, Joe!

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Nice! I think it's great that, as a family, you can all enjoy shooting activities and do them together.

I've seen more families at Loch Raven than I've noticed in the past, and we are getting more and more new shooters - either new to shooting clays or shooting in general. I think this bodes well for the shooting sports and attitudes toward gun ownership.

Oh...but I agree with your daughter. The more I shoot 20 gauge the less I like shooting 12!

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    :thumbsup:

my wife said something the other day about wanting to learn but she's not completely on-board. Still more work to do.

Congratulations!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    A great conversion! Get her (and your daughter too) out to the Women On Target events over at Monumental Rifle and Pistol thius year and expand the repetoire of firearms skills!

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Congrats! I'm working on getting the girlfriend to come around. She's been getting more comfortable around guns and SHE even took ME to freestate couple weeks back :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom