The SCOTUS live broadcasting of Trump vs Colorado the appeals from CO supreme court saying he is not eligible to run LIVE

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The other interesting argument from Mitchell is that even if guilty, there's nothing about RUNNING for office, only HOLDING office. In specific, between now and when trump could hold office, it's possible he could be completely acquitted. So in the same way a 34 year old can run for office if 35 by the time he/she swears in, trump can run for office now with the question on whether he can or can't HOLD office being unresolved.

Here is Mitchell schooling brown-jackson on this

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Brutal. Jason Murray the attorney is easily outmatched intellectually and is easily smacked down with his own argument. He knows his argument is weak and Gorsuch is just twisting the knife as he Murray just flails about hoping for the bell to lunch time rings soon... It will be interesting to see how the MSM spins this, and they will.

Jason Murray is no doubt an excellent attorney but is dealing from a very weak hand of cards and he knows it. The Supreme Court isn't some small town country courthouse and has some very very smart people on it.

vinny.jpg

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Sounded to me like Colorado lost their argument with ALL of SCOTUS.
    Perhaps I am naive, but I would be greatly disappointed if this was untrue. As a lawyer, Colorado’s argument is so bad and politically motivate AND the impact of this is so huge, I cannot imagine any of the many varieties of judges I have dealt with over the years upholding the decision. It is wrong in so many levels and it torpedoes rule of law at the same time - no Supreme wants to be responsible for that.

Then again, I would have said that the Constitutional issue of due process is so fundamental that no state court would
    Try to get away with it - so what do I know?

I still think this whole thing was just a scam run by the DNC to inflame their base against Trump and the Supreme Court (possibly set up packing) and force them to ignore Biden’s doddering.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sotomayor and brown-jackson are wildly outclassed intellectually by alito. It's fun hearing Alito rapping strategically back and forth with Mitchell. He sets up a question to promt a response three arguments away.

Brown Jackson is an idiot.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville

Wow, that guy just got absolutely smoked by Gorsuch. So counsel, your argument amounts to supporting anarchy in the government based on one person’s ability to treat the president as disqualified whenever they feel like it - how stupid is that? And don’t avoid the question.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville

Brown Jackson is an idiot.

Aw, man, that one just makes me mad. It seems like she took an “even if” argument- assuming for the purpose of argument that a fact is true - and tried to spin it as Trump’s team admitting it is true. That is just awful, if the case.

With cases often needing many elements to be fulfilled to meet a standard, those sort of arguments are made all the time. It is a very good argument in this case. Unless Trumps team totally messed up their brief, it is hard to understand how she could honestly make such an error.

Edit - I am going to stop listening to these now. If I don’t, I have a feeling I will end up curled up in a corner silently weeping for our Republic for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Can’t be found guilty unless tried and convicted. Unless you are a DimoCrap!
    It's a two pronged approach. If they can't find him guilty and convict in a court of "law", they will pull out all stops to find him guilty and convict him in the court of public opinion. They are terrified of him going scorched earth upon being elected.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's a two pronged approach. If they can't find him guilty and convict in a court of "law", they will pull out all stops to find him guilty and convict him in the court of public opinion. They are terrified of him going scorched earth upon being elected.
    I think more than anything they are afraid of his judicial appointments. There's more power there than in almost anything else, and I think that's why they pulled out all the stops to cheat the system to insure that he didn't get a 2nd consecutive term. The impact he'd have had on the US courts would have ushered in an era of conservative judgements that would have lasted a generation, and he'd have completely changed the balance of the SCOTUS.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    You may well be right. My number one thought when I voted for him was the Supreme Court. I'm retiring during the next presidency and I'd like to be able to enjoy myself. Trump at the helm would be a great way to start.

That guy Jeff

The artist formerly known as eljefefx
    Sep 28, 2010
    An island in the PNW
    I think more than anything they are afraid of his judicial appointments. There's more power there than in almost anything else, and I think that's why they pulled out all the stops to cheat the system to insure that he didn't get a 2nd consecutive term. The impact he'd have had on the US courts would have ushered in an era of conservative judgements that would have lasted a generation, and he'd have completely changed the balance of the SCOTUS.
    This right here is something I see Liberals and Leftists talk about a lot. His picks for the Supreme Court have and will shape the future of the country for potentially decades. The smart Liberals/Leftists recognize this and talk about it, the dumb ones focus on shit like him ordering McDonalds for sports teams and smelling bad.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    This right here is something I see Liberals and Leftists talk about a lot. His picks for the Supreme Court have and will shape the future of the country for potentially decades. The smart Liberals/Leftists recognize this and talk about it, the dumb ones focus on shit like him ordering McDonalds for sports teams and smelling bad.
    Just hope they live long enough to settle these 2A attacks once in for all and before the perish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom