• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The gem of my collection-

TacOps Tango-51 with a NF 5.5-22x50. Its precision blows me away everytime I use it.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Rem 700

Remington 700 in SPS Tactical, 20 inch 5/8x24 threaded barrel, Accuracy Systems Brake. Have 22 rounds through it and it's a dream with that brake. When I was sighting it in I asked the guy two lanes over if the break bothered him, he said "the sounds fine but I really feel it on my legs", he was almost 8 feet away.

Ok what am I doing wrong, I tried to attach photo and it hasn't uploaded on here.
    Now that I go the photo I will try to post another with the new paint job.

Last edited:

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Jackson, Is your buddy interested in doing any more? I am interested in doing 1 gun

Sorry don't know when he'll be back down this way, he lives in NYC and came down to visit my buddy, who conned him into doing the paint, I just happened to weasel in on the paint job that day. I did something similar to this on a Remington 597 with rattle cans of Krylon, it turned out good IMO, just let it set up for a while and be careful with the solvents when cleaning it. Used just brown, green and black with small spruce type pine and some leaves for the pattern. Did it about 4 years ago and the Krylon is still on there.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Yes, but that 'little light dot' is a 12 foot wide x 6 foot tall backer at 900 yards and the targets themselves are 6" black bullseyes and not visible in the pic.

Puts that picture into perspective. :shocked3: Thank you. (I'm soo not at that level yet.)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    My old 6.5-06 based on an April 1918 03 receiver, K&P 31" fluted barrel, McMillan Baker Special stock with a very early 1942 Unertl on it. It was also setup to take a Lyman 48 rear and IIRC Tompkins globe front. The LOP with the butt all in was 15.5" so the bolt knob didn't hit my glasses in prone rapid. A Gunny at Quantico named it "The Beast" the first time I had it out for practice and it hammered!

mr3.jpg

mr2.jpg

Sweet. I'm dying to build a 1941 sniper clone, just waiting to find the right unertl.

chad2

Mar 26, 2011
    40593151302041547803100.jpg

waiting to save up some money to get a heart barrel :D

30-06 cheap and fun to shoot

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I found that one about 20 years ago and I cannot remember the name of the guy I got it from, he specialized in old Unertls. IIRC he was in Texas. You want a 1-1/4" Target model 8X to be most "authentic" but they used a few other diameters and powers early on, mine was a 10X but with those Unertls changing power was as easy as unscrewing the ocular and screwing a different one on so there's no telling if any given ocular is original.

I hear you. The new CMP vintage sniper matches have driven the cost of the 8x through the roof though. I was planning on a 10x to avoid that. Wouldn't be legal for cmp matches but should be several hundred dollars cheaper.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Savage 10FLCP-K in .308
    Nightforce 5.5-22X Mil/Mil
    Badger Ordnance Rings and 20MoA base
    U.S. Optics Cant Level
    Sharp Shooter Supply Billet 9 rounder magazines
    Turner Saddlery All-Weather 1907 Sling
    Eagle Industries Cheek Pad

Rifle6.jpg

Rifle7.jpg

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    My Remington 700 in 30-06, hog hunting in SC.

Attachments

• DSCN1556.jpg
      DSCN1556.jpg
      115.1 KB · Views: 1,046
    • DSCN1559.jpg
      DSCN1559.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 1,069
    • DSCN1561.jpg
      DSCN1561.jpg
      164.9 KB · Views: 1,034

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts