• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Update on the Vortex, Mounted it on the AR I wanted it on with the 30mm Mount i had here, I was able to sight it in on the stop sign by looking through bore and scope but then found No more adjustment, so if i had to make a change at range it wouldn't work. Have some Burris low rings here.. they are too low for this scope. Need to pick up some Med or high rings to try that. With the mount that i used i had about 3/4 inch over the hand guard so i figured it wasn't gonna work, once i get some rings ill give it another shot.

Dave, do you have standard hand-guards or a rail system on the AR you're trying to mount it to?

Just thinking that maybe the standard hand-guards will give you some more clearance to get the scope lower than if you have a rail system on there.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Dave, do you have standard hand-guards or a rail system on the AR you're trying to mount it to?

Just thinking that maybe the standard hand-guards will give you some more clearance to get the scope lower than if you have a rail system on there.

Tubular, But the Burris extreme Low rings are too low. The one piece mount was too high, just need to find something in the middle. I ordered some rings online today, nothing special but ordered med and High ones to try out.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tubular, But the Burris extreme Low rings are too low. The one piece mount was too high, just need to find something in the middle. I ordered some rings online today, nothing special but ordered med and High ones to try out.

For both of our sakes, hope you find something that'll fit the bill.

You like the V-plex reticle, I'd like to keep that money in my pocket. ;)

:lol2:

If that 1 piece mount had you at/over 3/4" from the hand-guard, I'd be willing to bet the med or high rings should put you where you need to be.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    For both of our sakes, hope you find something that'll fit the bill.

You like the V-plex reticle, I'd like to keep that money in my pocket. ;)

:lol2:

If that 1 piece mount had you at/over 3/4" from the hand-guard, I'd be willing to bet the med or high rings should put you where you need to be.

Thats the hope. I was shooting Penny sized dots at 100 with that same rifle and a Cheap simmons with about the same specs. Just need to find the right rings for this thing to be just over the guard

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thats the hope. I was shooting Penny sized dots at 100 with that same rifle and a Cheap simmons with about the same specs. Just need to find the right rings for this thing to be just over the guard

Not bad at all, get the height right and you should be able to match or even exceed that. The glass is great, and at 24x you can definitely make out your impact points.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As the .260 sits in it's current form -

DSC02.jpg

What it did at 200 yards while at DSC on Saturday -

20150502_100440.jpg

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Here's in my Accuracy International AT. In this picture, I have the .308 barrel on it. A .260 took its place and shooting 1/2"MOA.

Currently shooting 130gr Norma Golden Target in front of 44gr H4350, Remington brass, and Federal Large Rifle primers.

Accessories include Night Force scope and Harris bipod.

She's dropped lead on targets as far as +1200yds.

Attachments

• AIAT.jpg
      AIAT.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 855

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thank God for small favors :rolleyes: ....

David:

Your order 630xxx, was received 03/23/15 12:00:00 AM.

Your order included the following items Totaling $423.77.

Item Qty Qty Qty Expected
    Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck. By
    ---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
    SS12X42MQ SWFA SS 12x42 Tactical Riflesc 1.00 1.00 0.00
    ope
    Matte, Mil-Quad, 1/10MIL, Rear
    Focus
    026K Butler Creek Lens Caps Kit 1.00 1.00 0.00
    20 Eye, 30 Obj
    SHDHO44 SWFA SS 42mm Sun Shade 1.00 1.00 0.00
    Matte, 2.25", Stackable
    TPS20102 TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base 1.00 1.00 0.00
    Steel, Remington 700 RH Short
    Action, 20 MOA

Date Shipped Via
    05/11/15 UPS GROUND

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Not bad at all, get the height right and you should be able to match or even exceed that. The glass is great, and at 24x you can definitely make out your impact points.

Got the high rings in the other day, was able to mount it on the AR, with about 1/2 showing between the bell and round hand guard. WAS able to sight in and adjust to make it work On Sunday. The medium rings showed up yesterday. But seems pretty good with the High rings On that rifle. :party29:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got the high rings in the other day, was able to mount it on the AR, with about 1/2 showing between the bell and round hand guard. WAS able to sight in and adjust to make it work On Sunday. The medium rings showed up yesterday. But seems pretty good with the High rings On that rifle. :party29:

Excellent, I've been hoping it'd work out for you. :thumbsup:

I almost ran into the exact same issue with my HS-T, but managed to get that figured out.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Excellent, I've been hoping it'd work out for you. :thumbsup:

I almost ran into the exact same issue with my HS-T, but managed to get that figured out.

Yeah, I actually had to adjust it higher once at the range for the centurion .223 I had with me. The gun however hated any 556 i threw at it and was High right. Also tried wolf .223, which was OK, but the brass .223 was 18 in the bull with two flyers. I think it will be fine on that rifle for a while till i get bored and stick it on something else. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, I actually had to adjust it higher once at the range for the centurion .223 I had with me. The gun however hated any 556 i threw at it and was High right. Also tried wolf .223, which was OK, but the brass .223 was 18 in the bull with two flyers. I think it will be fine on that rifle for a while till i get bored and stick it on something else. :D

:thumbsup:

That's what I like to hear.

chad2

Mar 26, 2011
    These are my precision rifles! The wood stock bullpup is a kalibrgun cricket .25 pellet gun, the other is my wifes savage 110 still waiting on the ershaw barrel to arrive.
    Savage has a swfa 20×42, the cricket has a primary arms 4-14×44 ffp.

Attachments

• 20150403_163849.jpg
      20150403_163849.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 683
    • DSC_0814-1.jpg
      DSC_0814-1.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 661

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So i finally got around to putting everything together that i have so far, still waiting for brownell's to get the Magpul hunter stock and mag well in so i can try one of them. But for now, here is my first Build.

Rem 700 SPS, TPS Steel base, Burris Extreme rings, SWFA SS 12 x 42

Attachments

• IMG_0660.JPG
      IMG_0660.JPG
      87.4 KB · Views: 555
    • IMG_0661.JPG
      IMG_0661.JPG
      93.4 KB · Views: 557
    • IMG_0664.JPG
      IMG_0664.JPG
      81.5 KB · Views: 555
    • IMG_0665.JPG
      IMG_0665.JPG
      76.9 KB · Views: 540

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Just when I pretty much got to the "flip a coin" stage, I find out about the Howa 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoor. 24", #6 contour, 1:8 barreled action for $485. Or a Trued Reminton 700 barreled action with 24" 1:8 Bartlein with muzzle brakes built by RW Snyder for $1500 :party29:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom