• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    NICE! I'm a big fan of the red

Thanks. I was gonna go a completely different route with the grip but I was messing around on ebay and saw those and I knew I had to have em. I wanted a red ladder rail cover so you could see more of the black forearm but couldn't find one. Its so had to find the right parts when you want to be different.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    My DMR build. EA lower/aero upper. WOA DMR 20" 1/7 barrel,15" PA branded rail, arms lite adjustable gas block,Hiperfire trigger, ergo narrow grip, moe rifle stock, CS flatwire buffer spring and soon to be lightened rifle buffer. Looking to change to 2 stage geiselle,young bolt, and better gas block. Scope is temp PA 1-6(MEH) looking to go 3x9 in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      116.9 KB · Views: 704

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I use both. I have the red dot set high enough so that if it fails I can use the iron sights as a back up thru the red dot.

I'm trying to decide one way or the other. Part of me wants to employ the KISS principle with irons. Just unsure if there's any advantage to a red dot.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Added a Magpul M-Lok handguard and vertical grip.

Waiting on the Magpul cantilevered light mount, V-Block rings and a Surefire G2X to show up.

The next step is ditching the "tactical carry handle" and adding RRA flip-up BUIS and a Aimpoint PRO.

Attachments

• With Magpul HG & VG.jpg
      With Magpul HG & VG.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 605

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Just finished another AR pistol. Did this one in 300BLK. Noveske lower, PSA 8.5 upper, Bushnell TRS-25 (great budget red dot btw) and Magpul grip and afg2. BCM mod 3 charging handle. This KAK shockwave is awesome. I'll be using them on all of my pistols from here on out. Should be fun shooting subsonic through the Harvester 30 even though it looks more at home on my Remington 700 AAC/SD.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603340.787696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603361.189443.jpg

And here's my other pistol upper for good measure. This one is a Noveske upper with a 7.5" barrel chambered in 5.56. Fortis rail, Ares NiB BCG, Noveske kx5, Magpul afg2 again, BCM mod 3 charging handle. This thing is an absolute flame thrower. 4ft fireballs all day sure make it fun to shoot if nothing else lol. Both pistols have the BCM extractor springs in them as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603588.403754.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603619.208006.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603649.364108.jpg

Example of said fireball....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603690.551177.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453603736.207528.jpg

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    You use a set screw to fix it in place once you figure out a comfortable position. Came with a copy of the letter from the ATF stating is legality. I'm not one of the idiots to write them repeatedly asking again and again to make sure it's legal. If they said it was once that's good enough for me lol.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Where's all the love for the really well done black nitride/melonite?

It's like freaking amazing bluing that is literally bullet proof.

no one seems to appreciate the asctetic as much as I do. Form after function, but in this case you get both.

No nitride/melonite barrelled or hardwared rifles being shown off?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Where's all the love for the really well done black nitride/melonite?

It's like freaking amazing bluing that is literally bullet proof.

no one seems to appreciate the asctetic as much as I do. Form after function, but in this case you get both.

No nitride/melonite barrelled or hardwared rifles being shown off?

That does seem to be your gig. PREACH IT :D

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    You use a set screw to fix it in place once you figure out a comfortable position. Came with a copy of the letter from the ATF stating is legality. I'm not one of the idiots to write them repeatedly asking again and again to make sure it's legal. If they said it was once that's good enough for me lol.
    Nice, I agree with you. I be looking at that for my next build

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Has anyone used the KAK and the Sig brace? Which one do you prefe?. Sounds like since the KAK is adjustable that it would be more comfortable.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just finished another AR pistol. Did this one in 300BLK. Noveske lower, PSA 8.5 upper, Bushnell TRS-25 (great budget red dot btw) and Magpul grip and afg2. BCM mod 3 charging handle. This KAK shockwave is awesome. I'll be using them on all of my pistols from here on out. Should be fun shooting subsonic through the Harvester 30 even though it looks more at home on my Remington 700 AAC/SD.

View attachment 169138
    View attachment 169139

And here's my other pistol upper for good measure. This one is a Noveske upper with a 7.5" barrel chambered in 5.56. Fortis rail, Ares NiB BCG, Noveske kx5, Magpul afg2 again, BCM mod 3 charging handle. This thing is an absolute flame thrower. 4ft fireballs all day sure make it fun to shoot if nothing else lol. Both pistols have the BCM extractor springs in them as well.

View attachment 169140
    View attachment 169141
    View attachment 169142

Example of said fireball....

View attachment 169143
    View attachment 169144

Very informative; thanks for sharing!

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Has anyone used the KAK and the Sig brace? Which one do you prefe?. Sounds like since the KAK is adjustable that it would be more comfortable.

I've shot "pistols" with both and a definitely prefer the KAK. It not only looks better but offers greater adjustability and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom