IMG_20140205_164821.jpg

IMG_20140205_164833.jpg

IMG_20140127_194350.jpg

IMG_20140207_194135.jpg

IMG_20140207_195701.jpg

IMG_20140206_204922.jpg

IMG_20140206_205348.jpg

IMG_20140206_210224.jpg

Still waiting on my raptor charging handle, but borrowed a buddies CH and took it to the range tonight. Shoots like a dream!

Last edited:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Yes, they are great. Dawn and the other lady are so friendly, and they have first class products. Best little never heard of website around. hahahahaha

I was getting all kinds of lower parts from them for the first 8 months aftert Newton, when you could not find them anywhere else. Then.....I guess too many others found them too!! hahahahahahah

Agreed! Dawn was always quick to respond to my emails and stuff. I bought an 18" rifle length SPR barrel from them last year and luckily they had it in stock. That thing can punch the same hole over and over as long as I do my part.:thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Just finished my first build.

IMG_20140206_210224.jpg

Still waiting on my raptor charging handle, but borrowed a buddies CH and took it to the range tonight. Shoots like a dream!

I'd say you did extremely well for your first build. I wish I knew what I knew today when I got my first one. Very nice!!!

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Finally after tinkering with it and trying out different things I've finally got it perfect and it shoots amazing! I haven't put it past 25yds yet but I have no doubt it can be pushed a few hundred and drive nails.

- Colt Competition (started off as the 14.5CRX model)
    - 18" rifle length WOA barrel, Syrac adjustable gas block, Surefire brake
    - 15" Samson rail
    - B.A.D. safety selector
    - Magpul BAD lever
    - Geissele S3G
    - Magpul STR, JP polished buffer spring, carbine buffer
    - Burris MTAC 1-4, Colt Competition mount
    - Rainier Raptor charging handle
    - JP LMOS and JP enhanced bolt

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 630
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 662

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Finally after tinkering with it and trying out different things I've finally got it perfect and it shoots amazing! I haven't put it past 25yds yet but I have no doubt it can be pushed a few hundred and drive nails.

- 15" Samson rail
    - B.A.D. safety selector
    - Magpul BAD lever
    - Geissele S3G

Nice build. How do you like the Burris MTAC? I've been researching that one and the Vortex Viper PST.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks fellas.

Thanks it's a Rainier Arms billet upper.

Good looking build yourself :thumbsup:

Thanks! The lines of the Rainier look perfect with your rail and lower.

Nice build. How do you like the Burris MTAC? I've been researching that one and the Vortex Viper PST.

I think it's great for the money. I was between the MTAC and Viper PST too but I had a coupon to SWFA which brought it down to $340 shipped. The glass is really clear, has held zero every close to 1k rounds, easy to adjust, and the brightness is outstanding in both day and night.

The only thing I wish it had were return-to-zero knobs. Not a huge deal, but something that I like on my other scopes.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I think it's great for the money. I was between the MTAC and Viper PST too but I had a coupon to SWFA which brought it down to $340 shipped. The glass is really clear, has held zero every close to 1k rounds, easy to adjust, and the brightness is outstanding in both day and night.

The only thing I wish it had were return-to-zero knobs. Not a huge deal, but something that I like on my other scopes.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust

- 15" Samson rail
    - B.A.D. safety selector
    - Magpul BAD lever
    - Geissele S3G

Didn't read far enuff before posting..... Nice noise maker too rsj :thumbsup:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County

I forgot to add, the reticle is pretty large at first but I've gotten used to it. The center dot is 2.4MOA and the ring around it is pretty thick. Sometimes I have to move around the target to get the impact point in clear view that's not obstructed by the reticle.

Didn't read far enuff before posting..... Nice noise maker too rsj :thumbsup:

Nice build.

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I forgot to add, the reticle is pretty large at first but I've gotten used to it. The center dot is 2.4MOA and the ring around it is pretty thick. Sometimes I have to move around the target to get the impact point in clear view that's not obstructed by the reticle.

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

Thanks. That actually helps me make my decision. I was worried about the ring so it looks like I will go with the Viper. Thanks again :thumbsup:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    /QUOTE]

I'm actually considering a WOA barrel for one I'm building, what was your deciding factor?

Honestly, stock status. I looked at Noveske, JP, Rainier and Nordic too and it the WOA just so happened to be in stock and also about $270 which put it at the lower end of cost. Rainier didn't have their match barrel and Nordic wasn't in stock either. Weight is listed at 2.6lbs which is on par with the other manufacturers too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom