• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    AK

OK, here are mine: Bulgarian SLR106UR and SLR107UR.

Attachments

• P1010130.jpg
      P1010130.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 1,123

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    I see you fell into the same issue, my friend and I ran into the same issue last night installing a UTG quad rail on his underfolder.

Where's the cleaning rod? we forgot to put the cleaning rod to line up the spacers before bolting everything down.:innocent0

Well the next good cleaning when stripped down to parade rest will correct the issue.:D

For some reason mine was shipped to me without a cleaning rod. While I was shopping for a bayonet I found a cleaning kit with rod and its since been mounted. I also picked up a 75 round drum for it in Chantilly yesterday.

10010691.jpg

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    For some reason mine was shipped to me without a cleaning rod. While I was shopping for a bayonet I found a cleaning kit with rod and its since been mounted. I also picked up a 75 round drum for it in Chantilly yesterday.

Ha ha,

He hasn't broken it down since the fall shoot, when he does, he is going to put the cleaning rod back.

Here are a couple:
    Shorty (Finished).jpg

AK (Finished).jpg

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    ferret, can you post your nicer pic of mine? attached is a crappy iphone pic of my first build...

Khyber Pass Tactikooled (7.62 with a side folder)
    NoDak receiver
    Repro Bulgy/Russian sidefolder from K-Var
    UTG rails with a vertical grip (still trying to decide on a holo sight)
    Parts are Romanian "G"
    Currently a G2 double hook with almost no over travel but a Red Star adjustable is on the way (bump fire from the shoulder anyone?)

In the next week or 2 (as the last bits arrive), I should have a completed 1967 Romanian (original wood and all) and a Bulgarian AK-74 (only mod will be the addition of a side rail for AK style optics mounting)...still need to do the form 1 so I can have my tactikooled Bulgarian Krink (which will also feature a RSA adjustable trigger).

Attachments

• KPtactikool.jpg
      KPtactikool.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 942

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Oh, here is my M64 milled receiver that Matt in OR re-welded for me (again, sorry for the crappy iphone pic). It does pass the bullet test and while the groves are the typical dark, the refiling is strong. I was able to hit minute of man at 300yds on steel, open sights, without any trouble...so yeah...can't complain...

Attachments

• M64.jpg
      M64.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 1,302

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

10010691.jpg

Is that a KCI drum, glad it fit. Mine didnt, wont lock in. Probably swap it out next show. Going to try the new production romanian drums (still have a few Noincos which work flawlessly).

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    ferret, can you post your nicer pic of mine?

Sure thing, bring whatever you want good pics of with you next time you come over to build (got the front trunnion and trigger guard in on the krink receiver) and we'll get some pics knocked out. come over with daylight to spare though. ;)

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Is that a KCI drum, glad it fit. Mine didnt, wont lock in. Probably swap it out next show. Going to try the new production romanian drums (still have a few Noincos which work flawlessly).

I'm not sure who makes this drum. There's no markings on it at all. The paper packaging says Made In Korea..... thats all I can tell you. It fits very well, clicks right into place with no wobble at all. It came from Clips-R-Us at the last Chantilly show.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Can you buy an AK new in the box or are they all sold as used?

Yes new.

Wasrs, arsenals, yugo paps and saigas are all brand new production. As are some others. Even some of the ones built from surplus parts can be almost new.

Century is going to start poducing a 100% US made milled gun. All parts made in america.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom