• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    No, I don't think I want to start a new forum that might attract more individuals that some of us classify as "Fudds". They are more harmful to the 2A fight than the Brady Bunch and Obama combined. They are the sellouts who would send most of us up the river as long as they get to keep their fine hunting pieces. Of course in the end, no one will be there to defend them and their choice of firearm, but karma is a bitch like that. There is no place for them here, or in any community that is serious about respecting and preserving the 2nd Amendment.

wyomingboy, I question your commitment to the second ammendment. If I had to guess, I would say that you would be one that would gladly vote to ban so-called assualt weapons and other undesireables that have no "sporting use". I do not make this observation because you simply don't like tactical shotguns. I could care less about that, and there are many "your firearm sucks" discussions on this forum that don't get heated. No, the problem I have with your original post is that you used the Brady catch phrases that make me believe that you many be sympathetic to their cause. If that is the case, you suck. Truly suck. But to be fair, I didn't read this whole thread, so if you have clarified that this is not the case, then I apologize for my mischaracterization.

Oh, and FYI, the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or sporting use. It is about the tactical use of firearms in defense of one's person or country. In that sense, these black HD shotguns that you despise so much are much more in line with what the founders envisioned. But really, I could care less what you preference is, I just thought I would point that out.

End of story.

Last edited:

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    No, I don't think I want to start a new forum that might attract more individuals that some of us classify as "Fudds". They are more harmful to the 2A fight than the Brady Bunch and Obama combined. They are the sellouts who would send most of us up the river as long as they get to keep their fine hunting pieces. Of course in the end, no one will be there to defend them and their choice of firearm, but karma is a bitch like that. There is no place for them here, or in any community that is serious about respecting and preserving the 2nd Amendment.

wyomingboy, I question your commitment to the second ammendment. If I had to guess, I would say that you would be one that would gladly vote to ban so-called assualt weapons and other undesireables that have no "sporting use". I do not make this observation because you simply don't like tactical shotguns. I could care less about that, and there are many "your firearm sucks" discussions on this forum that don't get heated. No, the problem I have with your original post is that you used the Brady catch phrases that make me believe that you many be sympathetic to their cause. If that is the case, you suck. Truly suck. But to be fair, I didn't read this whole thread, so if you have clarified that this is not the case, then I apologize for my mischaracterization.

Oh, and FYI, the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or sporting use. It is about the tactical use of firearms in defense of one's person or country. In that sense, these black HD shotguns that you despise so much are much more in line with what the founders envisioned. But really, I could care less what you preference is, I just thought I would point that out.

End of story.

I see this as a wood stock vs. plastic stock kind of discussion: not a ban assault weapons attack of the 2A.

I'm not sure what 'fudd' means. Is it people over the age of 45? Is it people that come from sparsely populated areas, who are more interested in hunting weapons than military ones? Is it the affluent, who prize a $45,000 shotgun as one would a piece of art?

Would any of the people listed above be considered 'not welcome' on these forums, because they are gun owners but in a competing sect (http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html #5, #6, #9, #10, #11)?

Please let me who who is welcome at MD Shooters. I own a tactical shotgun, but I also enjoyed skeet shooting and hunting. Should I search out other sites for my other gun interests?

Last edited:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I see this as a wood stock vs. plastic stock kind of discussion: not a ban assault weapons attack of the 2A.

I'm not sure what 'fudd' means. Is it people over the age of 45? Is it people that come from sparsely populated areas, who are more interested in hunting weapons than military ones? Is it the affluent, who prize a $45,000 shotgun as one would a piece of art?

Would any of the people listed above be considered 'not welcome' on these forums, because they are gun owners but in a competing sect (http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html #5, #6, #9, #10, #11)?

Please let me who who is welcome at MD Shooters. I own a tactical shotgun, but I also enjoyed skeet shooting and hunting. Should I search out other sites for my other gun interests?

all gun owners are welcome, uppity asshats who looks down on other gun owners for having something they don't particularly like/find appropriate are not.

Fudds are those "gun owners" who are willing to throw other types of gun owners under the bus as long as their hunting guns are protected.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County

Nope, you've got it all wrong. A "Fudd" is exactly as fftootall34 described above. They are the gun owners, who coincidentally almost always happen to be hunters and "sport" shooters, who would gladly throw gun owners like the majority of us around here under the bus, just as long as they get to keep their hunting rifle/shotgun. They are very real, way too common, and are a serious threat to gun rights. I despise them and they do not have a place in this community. Age, socioeconomic status, and everything else you listed above have absolutely nothing to do with it. Nothing. I could care less if you are in to filthy old revolvers, fine Italian shotguns, AR-15s, elephant rifles, black powder, or any other type of device designed to propel a projectile at high speeds. In fact, I don't think 99% of the members here give a crap about what your areas of interest happen to be (except for a few, such as wyomingboy). So, my point is that your entire post above is completely inaccurate and contains not a shred of truth. I just want to make that clear.

As for the wood vs. plastic vs. 2A rights, I admit that I didn't read the whole thread. You may be right, and if that is the case I apologize. What made me instantly think "FUDD!!" is wyomingboy's original post where he used the textbook catch phrases straight from the anti-gun establishment, "only police and military" and "no hunting or target use". If you have been involved in the 2A battle at all, you would recognize both of these phrases instantly, as they are a rallying cry for those that want to ban evil black rifles. Either wyomingboy is part of this anti-EBR group, or he just got really, really unlucky and happened to parrot their favorite arguments, all in one paragraph.

So, that leaves two possibilities. Either wyomingboy is a Fudd, or he is just a dick who likes to belittle others for their choice in firearms. The former has no place on MDShooters, and the latter deserves any thrashing that they happen to receive. And I don't believe for one second that his original post was anything but serious.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    don, and i mean this in the most hetero way possible...i'd have your babies if i could...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    don, and i mean this in the most hetero way possible...i'd have your babies if i could...

Now I'm frightened....maybe you and DD214 can share that new forum all by yourselves :lol2:

celebrity%20gaydar%20scale.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom