• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    i got to talk to them in person this past weekend and im pretty sure he said that construction will be done in late june. and will be opening ASAP after that

Great! Been following this opening for months. Just sent them an email. :)

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I got mine too. If I was smarter, I would have gotten one for my then one year old...stupid me. Like when I bought my Taylor guitars, I didnt register them under my kids names...stupid again. Doh!
    But yeah, Ive been saving my 22lr blocks for the grand opening.
    One of the owner is an old buddy of mine. Fine work he's been doing to open this range.
    So awesome.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Baby steps.

Dicks is underway at FSK Mall.

And actually several years ago there was going to be a Hooters built out in front of Home Depot where there's now an Hour Eyes (or something like that) in the same strip as Chick Filet. Not sure what happened. but we were close!

And PF Changs? PPSSHHHhhhhh..... this is FREDNECK for goodness sake!

Where is there going to be a DSG over there? I wonder if they are going to stock firearms and ammo...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Where is there going to be a DSG over there? I wonder if they are going to stock firearms and ammo...

I expect that it'll be similar in size and offerings to the Hagerstown store, and I *think* it's being put in to that corner between Sears and DSW with entrances from the amll and the parking lot. I think it's supposed to open this fall, but I havent been to that side of the mall in several months, so I don't know what it looks like right now.

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    I expect that it'll be similar in size and offerings to the Hagerstown store, and I *think* it's being put in to that corner between Sears and DSW with entrances from the amll and the parking lot. I think it's supposed to open this fall, but I havent been to that side of the mall in several months, so I don't know what it looks like right now.

I drove by this week. The parking lot where the DSG will be has been torn up and the asphalt removed. Lots of heavy equipment leveling/grading the ground. Infrastructure/Construction should be starting soon.

I also bought into Machine Gun Nest with a Lifetime Membership. Haven't checked my mail box in a few days due to work schedule. I will have to check when I get home for that little bit of Brass goodness!

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I drove by this week. The parking lot where the DSG will be has been torn up and the asphalt removed. Lots of heavy equipment leveling/grading the ground. Infrastructure/Construction should be starting soon.

I also bought into Machine Gun Nest with a Lifetime Membership. Haven't checked my mail box in a few days due to work schedule. I will have to check when I get home for that little bit of Brass goodness!

Thanks guys!

Leather Neck

May 14, 2012
    Frederick
    I'm kicking myself for not getting a lifetime membership during their Kickstarter campaign. I was very close to doing so, but I couldn't justify the money at the time. In any case, I wish them the best of luck. I am definitely looking forward to their opening.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm kicking myself for not getting a lifetime membership during their Kickstarter campaign. I was very close to doing so, but I couldn't justify the money at the time. In any case, I wish them the best of luck. I am definitely looking forward to their opening.

I think that you can get a $250 annual membership for $200 from their website before they announce the opening date. I'm debating whether I will go there more than 5-6 times a year, which would be more economical to spend per visit vs a membership.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I drive by there all the time and haven't seen any evidence (trades, dumpsters, foot traffic) indicating the build out is starting.

Could be wrong but I've been half watching as I go by to gauge when they will open.

My daughter cheers at a gym across the street and I could see shooting while she practices

--
    Shamr0ck

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    This just into my email. Many of you probably just received the same thing:

(If you view this on their Facebook page, they have a few pictures.)

--------------------------------------------------
    Construction Progress And Opening Update

Hello Machine Gun Nest fans!

This is a short email just to keep everyone in the loop with the progress of the build and our opening. If you’re reading this on your phone here are the bullets points that matter and you can read the rest later.

· Construction is underway
    · Action Target and Carey’s Air are on schedule with their delivery
    · No exact date for soft open yet

For those who want a little more detail…

We’re building. I know it doesn’t look like much yet but everything is underway. We did have some interesting hurdles with the concrete but that’s worked out now and moving along well.

The main two parts of the whole build are the bullet trap and the HVAC system and they are almost completed at their respective manufactures. Delivery is at the end of June/first of July and they take a couple weeks to install. We plan to have the build out of the rest of the building done simultaneously.
    We know some people have stopped over to check on progress. Most of the build-making like cabinets, inventory, furniture, software is ordered and on schedule for when the build is finished. Any of you who have seen a commercial build know that it’s amazing what happens in those last few weeks. So don’t sweat yet.

We don’t have a date yet for the soft open yet because we don’t have the exact time when the HVAC and bullet trap will be done and delivered. They tell us 20 days. So once they start then it should just be a couple weeks. But for those of you who don’t know, the first week (maybe two) will be for current members only. We’re going to have a soft open first to make sure the normal operations and staff are working well before opening up to the public.

Thanks for your patience friends. Before we know it we’ll be seeing you out there!

- The TMGN Crew

Last edited:

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    I don't think anyone, at this point, is still holding their breath. It sounds like it'll probably be August?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom