• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This should add to everyone's day. :sarcasm:

Hillary's Gun Control Agenda, per FBN, half an hour ago:

"She would support as President - universal background checks of course, but also closing the gun show loophole by executive order and imposing manufacturer liability."

-- Brian Fallon, Press Secretary of Clinton Campaign

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This should add to everyone's day. :sarcasm:

Hillary's Gun Control Agenda, per FBN, half an hour ago:

"She would support as President - universal background checks of course, but also closing the gun show loophole by executive order and imposing manufacturer liability."

-- Brian Fallon, Press Secretary of Clinton Campaign

Is there any realistic way they could sneak mfr liability past everyone? That would effectively put every firearm manufacturer out of business. No one would insure them. It be like holding car manufacturers liable for every car accident. :crazy:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Is there any realistic way they could sneak mfr liability past everyone? That would effectively put every firearm manufacturer put of business. No one would insure them. It be like holding car manufacturers liable for every car accident. :crazy:

"I'm a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. But..."

- Hillary Clinton, Tim Kaine. Michael Busch, Mike Miller, ......

Sound familiar?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Gun control freak King George III tried a national gun ban in 1775.
    Didn't work too good for him.
    Seems the gun grabbers either don't learn from history or they want to learn the hard way.
    They claim they want to protect people and save lives, by starting a war against people who love guns when their side hates guns.
    Not too smart for people who claim to have so much common sense.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    All these Civil War 2 stories keep trying to make everything a repeat of 1861, but what they fail to recognize is that prior to 1861 you had fraternal organizations, militias, societies, and other other organizations preparing for or advocating for what eventually happened. Today all we have are disparate people unconnected except by digital means which are easily switched off or monitored.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    All these Civil War 2 stories keep trying to make everything a repeat of 1861, but what they fail to recognize is that prior to 1861 you had fraternal organizations, militias, societies, and other other organizations preparing for or advocating for what eventually happened. Today all we have are disparate people unconnected except by digital means which are easily switched off or monitored.

King George and the royal governors controled the media in their day as well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    With tonight's poll results, I'm back in buying mode. I don't think we're going to win and may lose the senate.
    I'm afraid you might be right. I've been buying more this year (but also sold at least 8 firearms at the same time) worried what November might bring. I might squeeze in one more rifle (or AK-47 pistol) purchase in, but otherwise have been focused on ammo and mags.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I do distinctly researched that if an Amendment is turned over after it leaves the SC decision it has to back to Congress to be approved...

That would be the focus point...it may be a stretch but if it got that far there would a Campaign of monumental resistance as the last NFA...

Although if Gunmagedon ever did happen, I would think the Crime Rate and Death Toll would sky rocket...for those lambs lying in wait...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I do distinctly researched that if an Amendment is turned over after it leaves the SC decision it has to back to Congress to be approved...

That would be the focus point...it may be a stretch but if it got that far there would a Campaign of monumental resistance as the last NFA...

Although if Gunmagedon ever did happen, I would think the Crime Rate and Death Toll would sky rocket...for those lambs lying in wait...

Not sure you are reading the constitution correctly.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    With tonight's poll results, I'm back in buying mode. I don't think we're going to win and may lose the senate.

No kidding. My problem is I found out I'm triggering the AMT and need to come up with another 35k for this damn crooked government so no buying anything for me :(

Speaking of the Constitution, if anyone would like a pocket size version, they can be obtained free for the moment from the Universtity of Maryland University College.
    http://www.umuc.edu/constitution_day/heritage.cfm
    Probably something we should all read periodically, or at least have it for ready reference.

It'll be a nice historical reference and likely cause for arrest once the queen's coronation occurs.

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    When king Obama came on the scene I started by black powder collection.
    Not ideal, but gives me a feeling of comfort if I have to protect my loved ones.
    I do get concerned when I read of legislation to regulate BP.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    For those of us living in this s--t hole of a state I believe a statewide gun ban is probably a bigger likelihood to happen in the near term than a national gun ban. If HRC is able to flip the SC anything passed by our GA with respect to 2A will meet the constitutional test by a progressive court.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I don't see Heller being overturned. SCOTUS never reverses itself, and something of that sort would be way too raw. They'll go through the back door and rule anything short of complete bans as legal.

Which is why I've never liked the courts-first strategy.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    The FEDERAL police

th

I don't think that the police and the national guard would take up arms against the people. Maybe at first, then after some get hurt, they would quit.

By the way, I thought you were dead, Pliskin!!

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I don't see Heller being overturned. SCOTUS never reverses itself, and something of that sort would be way too raw. They'll go through the back door and rule anything short of complete bans as legal.

Which is why I've never liked the courts-first strategy.

I was fine with the judicial strategy until it became clear that the courts were not going to apply Heller in good faith. I was willing to chalk Kachalsky up to one rogue panel, but Drake, Woollard, Peruta (en banc), San Francisco, Highland Park, and the NYC $340 case made clear to me that the courts were not going to change gun laws in any meaningful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom