• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    If they ever figure out that WE don't want violence either, their heads will explode.

I always ask them why they are only opposed to violence with firearms and are okay with all the other types of violence. You should try it sometime, its a BLAST.

The NRA can have all the money they want...money is irrelevant when you're talking about the core of the liberal agenda...The antis do not have to use money to influence the lefty members of the GA...no amount of money or any other type of pressure from the pro 2A crowd is ever going to change the far left's view on their position of their core issues...abortion, morality (or lack of) and GUN CONTROL...with gerrymandered districts it's unlikely that these far left liberals will ever be removed...it's one party control in perpetude...We have one hope...Donald Trump...our cause would fair better to lobby Congress to pass national reciprocity, a bill denying federal funding to states that deny 2A rights, and load the SCOTUS with pro 2A justices...My first adventure into pro 2A advocacy was in 1988 with the Saturday Night Special bill...it's only getting worse and it's been 29 years...protesting in Assapolois has done next to nothing and it's not going to...We now have a chance for a big victory at the federal level... stop wasting your time trying to convince gun haters to see it your way because that's never going to happen...focus your power in DC...

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The NRA can have all the money they want...money is irrelevant when you're talking about the core of the liberal agenda...The antis do not have to use money to influence the lefty members of the GA...no amount of money or any other type of pressure from the pro 2A crowd is ever going to change the far left's view on their position of their core issues...abortion, morality (or lack of) and GUN CONTROL...with gerrymandered districts it's unlikely that these far left liberals will ever be removed...it's one party control in perpetude...We have one hope...Donald Trump...our cause would fair better to lobby Congress to pass national reciprocity, a bill denying federal funding to states that deny 2A rights, and load the SCOTUS with pro 2A justices...My first adventure into pro 2A advocacy was in 1988 with the Saturday Night Special bill...it's only getting worse and it's been 29 years...protesting in Assapolois has done next to nothing and it's not going to...We now have a chance for a big victory at the federal level... stop wasting your time trying to convince gun haters to see it your way because that's never going to happen...focus your power in DC...

I agree with most of this post, and it looks like you and I have been doing this about the same amount of time.

I do disagree with not doing anything locally though. I believe the pressure must be kept on and defenses must be maintained, as well as a little offense.

Gerrymandered or not and futile as it may seem sometimes, I just have to continue to do it. Its just not in my nature to sit back and take it.

I agree with most of this post, and it looks like you and I have been doing this about the same amount of time.

I do disagree with not doing anything locally though. I believe the pressure must be kept on and defenses must be maintained, as well as a little offense.

Gerrymandered or not and futile as it may seem sometimes, I just have to continue to do it. Its just not in my nature to sit back and take it.

What pressure? There are 3 times the number of dems in the GA than Republicans..Trust me, they aren't feeling any pressure..They are paying little to no attention to you...the proof is in the last 30 years..there have been no real gains, only losses for 2A supporters..they aren't losing sleep over a handful of gun rights supporters..Like it or not, the liberal antis actually believe they are right and justified in their anti 2A stance..What you and the rest of the pro 2A protesters are doing is demanding they change their belief...right or wrong that's not going to happen anymore than you or I are going to change our 2A stance..I don't think many on our side have considered that aspect of the issues..that's why fighting this in DC where the new powers that be are of like mind makes sense...

Last edited:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    What pressure? There are 3 times the number of dems in the GA than Republicans..Trust me, they aren't feeling any pressure..They are paying little to no attention to you...the proof is in the last 30 years..there have been no real gains, only losses for 2A supporters..they aren't losing sleep over a handful of gun rights supporters..Like it or not, the liberal antis actually believe they are right and justified in their anti 2A stance..What you and the rest of the pro 2A protesters are doing is demanding they change their belief...right or wrong that's not going to happen anymore than you or I are going to change our 2A stance..I don't think many on our side have considered that aspect of the issues..that's why fighting this in DC where the new powers that be are of like mind makes sense...

Exactly why we should register as DINO's to get their attention. Any registration other than D will get the stinky end of the stick from the Democraps in Annapolis. Only on election day does your registration make a difference to you but every other day it makes a difference to those legislature members you are trying to convince.

Exactly why we should register as DINO's to get their attention. Any registration other than D will get the stinky end of the stick from the Democraps in Annapolis. Only on election day does your registration make a difference to you but every other day it makes a difference to those legislature members you are trying to convince.

We've had this discussion...the math doesn't work...even if every republican voter in the state did this it will not work...sorry to burst your bubble you "might" be able to sway a couple of districts that are traditionally up for grabs anyway, but there is no way you are ever going to unseat enough dems to make a difference in Annapolis. There are 35 dem senators versus 12 republicans and 98 dem delegates versus 43 republicans...

even if you remove every dem from every county except montgomery and PG it still wouldn't be enough...

there is simply no way the math works...

The numbers are Senate-14 and House-51.

ok...the info I found was on wiki...even so, you cannot sway 70% with 30% and you will never get close to 30%. to make this work the numbers would need to be closer to 55% to 45% You would have a better chance trying to convince centrist dems to switch party affiliation and vote for republicans...good luck with that...

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So in the last election 2 Senate and 8 House seats were gained. That is positive (IMO).

Mule, you can tell me 'til you are blue in the face to quit.

I have already stated that its just not in my DNA.

I appreciate all the reasons you come up with for things NOT to be done, and your concern for my time & effort management.

If you have a specific plan that works better (or in addition to), I am open to not only seeing it, but taking action. You supply the contact info and plan of attack, and I'll get at it.

(there is no sarcasm in this post)

So in the last election 2 Senate and 8 House seats were gained. That is positive (IMO).

Mule, you can tell me 'til you are blue in the face to quit.

I have already stated that its just not in my DNA.

I appreciate all the reasons you come up with for things NOT to be done, and your concern for my time & effort management.

If you have a specific plan that works better (or in addition to), I am open to not only seeing it, but taking action. You supply the contact info and plan of attack, and I'll get at it.

(there is no sarcasm in this post)

Better plan? a plan that cannot and will not work is not a plan...it's a delusion..doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of insanity...like I said, good luck with it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dismissing DINO out of hand is aproximately the same as saying " Don't bother to vote at all, its pointless " .

DINO can opperate on many levels. Flipping the majorities in MGA is near the top of the political wet dream list. Farther down, but still meaningful would be to get into office centrist-ish Dems instead of far left Dems. Adding former Reps and former Independents to the voting pool for the Dem Primary ( aka the Real election) , can help do that.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

The numbers you are talking about are just looking at the letter in front of a candidates name. That is completely missing the point. That would have to assume that ALL democrats are anti 2A and ALL republicans are pro 2A and that just isn't true.

In Saint Mary's County, Roy Dyson a democrat in the Senate lost the election to Steve Waugh a republican. You are correct in saying that the seat in question was a swing from democrat to republican but that has nothing to do with the 2A in Maryland. Roy Dyson was endorsed and received contributions from the NRA and never supported FSA 2013. There was absolutely NO gain from a 2A standpoint in Roy losing his seat. Your numbers are misleading.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The numbers you are talking about are just looking at the letter in front of a candidates name. That is completely missing the point. That would have to assume that ALL democrats are anti 2A and ALL republicans are pro 2A and that just isn't true.

Then shouldn't you be addressing Muleskinner with this post as well?

After all, it is his argument.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    If they ever figure out that WE don't want violence either, their heads will explode.

I always ask them why they are only opposed to violence with firearms and are okay with all the other types of violence. You should try it sometime, its a BLAST.

Or why they don't give away free trigger locks and promote legislation to keep violent offenders in jail (those who commit most of the gun violence)? I asked these questions myself and the only response I have received was a block from their Facebook page.:sad20:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When you call or write your representative they do not bother to listen to anyone with a R or I or anything other than a D by the name on the registered voter list. DINO is about more than just the Vote. There are Democrats that feel the same way about guns that you do and by changing to a D on the voter registration list you add your voice the voices of the Democrats that think as you do. I have done it and there is a noticeable difference in your responses both written and by calling. Maryland is a Democrat controlled state so how do you get the Democratic Party in the state to be more conservative? My suggestion is to work from the inside with other like minded people because I think it is more effective than clinging to a label of R which is so outnumbered a snow ball has a better chance of survival in July.

The registration only matters on primary voting day and because Maryland has closed primaries on primary day you can only vote for the people on your party's ballot. The Republicans don't even have candidates running for every position and frequently there is only one choice for a position on the ballot and if you vote or not that person will be the Republican on the ballot for the General Election. In contrast the Democratic primary has a full slate of names with a variety of choices for each position. Some of those choices are more conservative than others so as a DINO you try to get the more conservative candidates to become the Democratic names in the general election. Most of the people elected in the general election will be Democrats but it is the primary that determines if that winner will be a rabid anti gunner or a more conservative Democrat and that is where your vote can make a difference.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ok...the info I found was on wiki...even so, you cannot sway 70% with 30% and you will never get close to 30%. to make this work the numbers would need to be closer to 55% to 45% You would have a better chance trying to convince centrist dems to switch party affiliation and vote for republicans...good luck with that...

You and I have had this discussion in the past, over the last two election terms, the Republicans have gained 16 seats in the House, and only need 7 more to prevent a veto override in the House.

In the Senate, they have gained 2 seats over the same period, and only need 5 more to prevent a veto override.

Neither one is entirely out of the realm of possibility, easy, no, but not impossible.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

In Saint Mary's County, Roy Dyson a democrat in the Senate lost the election to Steve Waugh a republican. You are correct in saying that the seat in question was a swing from democrat to republican but that has nothing to do with the 2A in Maryland. Roy Dyson was endorsed and received contributions from the NRA and never supported FSA 2013. There was absolutely NO gain from a 2A standpoint in Roy losing his seat. Your numbers are misleading.

In the 2A scheme of things, you are correct, but in the bigger picture of filibusters and overriding vetos, the numbers help us.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    In the 2A scheme of things, you are correct, but in the bigger picture of filibusters and overriding vetos, the numbers help us.

That's right. And remember, in 2018 all offices are up for election, including State-Wide offices, like AG and Gov. Elections are decided on the margin. The NH Senate election on Nov. 8 was decided by 753 votes. And if you don't like Hogan much, everyone has to agree that he is far better than the active enemy O'Malley was and Brown would have been. And no one believed that Hogan would win last time. True, almost all GA legislative districts are pretty badly gerrymandered, but that is under attack in the federal courts too. Again, once you start swinging a few districts, you increase the apprehension level for those who remain. That's an inhibition. That's good. Keep up the fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom