• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Got ahold of this this morning.
    Update
    "If something needs fixing then lace up your shoes and do some organizing. Show up. Dive in. Stay at it. . . . I am asking you to believe not in my ability to bring about change but yours." - President Barack Obama, Farewell Speech

Spy,

Now, more than ever, it is imperative that we raise our voices. Today, we will inaugurate a President whose single largest funder is the NRA. Under President Trump, the gun lobby will be emboldened in their attempts to weaken the progress we have made.

We see this cultural shift even within Maryland. State Senator Michael Hough just raffled off an AR-15 to raise money for his campaign. While this action is legal, it is neither moral nor ethical. Our country and state suffer from an epidemic of gun violence. Our leaders need to get beyond partisan politics and find real solutions to reduce violence rather than profiting off firearms to further their careers. Read our response to Senator Hough’s raffle.

The legislative session has just begun in Maryland - here's what you can do to push back:

1. Keep opening our emails and Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on when we will need you in Annapolis. When there is an opportunity, show up in Annapolis to demonstrate that you care. This ensures that our legislators know that while the NRA may have more money, they don't have more enthusiasm.

2. Watch for emails with opportunities to take action. We understand that many of you can’t be in Annapolis in person. You can still add tremendous value to this cause by responding to our action alerts and sending messages to your legislators. We will always provide pre-drafted text you can use as is or edit to your heart's content. Calling legislative offices is also more powerful than you might think... please don't hesitate to call on an issue you care about. Bookmark our legislator lookup tool.

3. When meeting with or writing to legislators who support gun violence prevention, insist that they become leaders on this issue! Let them know Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence wants to work closely with them if they are willing to step up.

We need your help to close the passion gap. As our outgoing president said: "Show up. Dive in."

There are other ways to invest in our work. Consider making a donation. We don’t have the funds to raffle off expensive gifts like State Senator Hough. What we can offer is hard work, passion and dedication.

It's time for us to lace up our shoes and get to work!

Jen Pauliukonis
    President

Liz Banach
    Executive Director
    Support our work to reduce gun violence in Maryland: Make A Donation
    Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence | 2600 St. Paul Street | Baltimore, MD 21218 |
    You are receiving this message because you subscribed to our mailing list: Unsubscribe

facebook twitter
    empowered by Salsa

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Actually, I am pretty sure that Trump's "single largest funder" is not the NRA, but himself.

Mainly what Maryland suffers from is gerrymandering and poor governance that prevents competitive elections and policy experiments.

Maryland in reality is one of the most conservative places I have every lived, conservative as in: Extreme reluctance to try new things.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Item #1 makes me chuckle. If it's true that the NRA has more dollars than the gun control groups do, did they stop to wonder why? It's because huge numbers of their fellow citizens support the NRA.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Where is this email coming from?

What group or legislator?
    It is in the email.
    Liz Banach
    Executive Director
    Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence | 2600 St. Paul Street | Baltimore, MD 21218 |
    You are receiving this message because you subscribed to our mailing list: Unsubscribe

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Nobody is nervous. It's just click bait email with political topics.

I'm not so sure about that. After our mds patriots showdown with them at there last meeting, our new pro 2A potus and no meaningful anti gun legislation scheduled for our current state session, the winds of change are not in their favor and they know it.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm not so sure about that. After our mds patriots showdown with them at there last meeting, our new pro 2A potus and no meaningful anti gun legislation scheduled for our current state session, the winds of change are not in their favor and they know it.

The Maryland Anti's are not nervous. The Anti legislation will show up. The first has already popped it's ugly head again this year and there will be more.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    The Maryland Anti's are not nervous. The Anti legislation will show up. The first has already popped it's ugly head again this year and there will be more.

I totally agree with you that they will show up. My point was I'm not so sure they feel as emboldened as they have in the recent past.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I was wondering if someone could write the nice people of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence and let them know the terrible job they are doing. In the last 2 years firearm deaths in Baltimore City have sky rocketed. They need to get their heads in the game.

The gun control they passed clearly isn't working. Obviously we need more. :sarcasm:

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    We don’t have the funds to raffle off expensive gifts

if they consider an AR-15 to be an expensive then they are quite pathetic. also don't raffle proceeds go to pay for said item +whatever left over goes to raising funds?

morons.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Liz Banach
    Executive Director
    You are receiving this message because you subscribed to our mailing list:
    <"Unsubscribe"=dev:null>

More accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom