• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    Many thanks to Nate and the guys at Engage! Paperwork done for a Scorpion Evo. Pickup is next Saturday! Awesome shop guys, and Brutus is awesome. Licked my leg so I didn't need to bathe :party29:

I hate to be Debbie Downer but I'm pretty sure Sunday and Holidays don't count. Is that correct Nate?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    .13 Sale or Transfer After Seven-Day Waiting Period.

A. If a dealer or person does not receive notification of disapproval or a hold for an open disposition of a criminal proceeding within the 7-day waiting period after submission of the regulated firearm application, then the dealer or person may sell, rent, or transfer the regulated firearm in accordance with all other applicable provisions of this chapter and Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 1, Annotated Code of Maryland.

B. The dealer or person shall submit the firearm application at the time that the purchase or transfer is completed and shall include a notation that the firearm was purchased or transferred before the application was marked as not disapproved.

C. Upon receiving a firearm application that contains a notation that the firearm was purchased or transferred before the application was marked as not disapproved, the Secretary shall:

(1) If the application is not disapproved after the investigation under Regulation .18 of this chapter, mark the application as not disapproved and notify the dealer or person.

(2) If the application is disapproved after the investigation under Regulation .18 of this chapter, mark the application as disapproved, notify the dealer or person, and notify the applicant.

D. The sale or transfer of a regulated firearm to a law enforcement officer or a member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard shall be processed as any other sale or transfer. The 7-day waiting period is in effect unless certification is received from the individual’s commanding officer that the firearm is to be used in an official capacity.

COMAR doesn't mention the type of days, so I'd say it is calendar days.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I think you can't take possession on Sunday or holiday, but they don't affect the count. But since I did not spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express I maybe incorrect.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I think you can't take possession on Sunday or holiday, but they don't affect the count. But since I did not spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express I maybe incorrect.

If the final day falls on a Sunday or holiday, the waiting period is extended until the next non-holiday day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom