• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    My daughter attended into last night for me....we are both going to the HOCO meeting tonite. God Bless ALL who showed up yesterday; I believe you made a difference no matter what the mass media may say. Never let it be said you sat on the sidelines and waited for someone else to do it for you. THANKS.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Adding my thanks to all who made it out there, but especially to Don and his tireless worker-bees :D who make this community possible.

I spent my time out on the Mall yesterday, talking to folks, answering questions, and being "sticker central".

It was an amazing day, more than I'd ever been involved with before, and now on to doubling (or more) turnout for the next round!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    No Don. Thank you! Were it not for this forum and your efforts, we likely already would have an AWB in Maryland along with heaven knows what other type of onerous laws imposed upon us. Thank you!

If not for MDS and 2 guys in MDS hoodies a few years ago I would have never heard of MSI or this event.

Slick17

Aug 10, 2012
    Frederick
    Thanks to all that showed up, I know Me and my other half were there and saw a lot of people. Glad that so many came out and were able to support. Hopefully we will get our message across.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Thanks to you, Don. This forum is no only great fun, but how would word get out to so many people without it?

We definitely made the legislators take notice. This was the largest turn out for anything......ever. The folks in Annapolis said they do not recall having to shut the building down. In addition to that. We had over 1,000 people sign up to testify. The said they definitely were not expecting that. Usually people rally and go home. When the night was over, the Capitol police thanked us for the professionalism with which everyone conducted themselves. They apparently had no problems with anyone and they were impressed.

Doc, I am sorry I missed you Would have liked to here you stand and deliver!

But next time we get together the first round is on me!

It was a great feeling to be in the group of todays son's of liberty!
    Now just keep up the pressure everyone don't stop calling and e-mailing we are still only at day one!

tonyw

Feb 8, 2010
    AACo
    Thanks for this great forum Don and thanks to everyone who came out. This was the first event I've been to but ill be at the next ones for sure. it's one thing to see people at the ranges and on here. It's a completely different feeling seeing everyone out there getting fired up to protect our rights. That was amazing. Thanks again to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Thanks for starting this forum Don, it has been a pleasure to fight along side of the many folks that I have met through the years we have been taking this fight to them.

It was great to see so many people turn out but to be honest, the crowd should have shut down the entire town of Annapolis and not just the building.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Thank you Don!

For everything- runing the site, mobilizing shooters to fight bad legislation, your support of M1 for Vets, The social shoots, and everything else you do that I've forgotten to mention here.

JCKnauer22

Feb 7, 2013
    Middle River
    i was blown away at the turnout. thanks to everybody who was able to make it. i spent the day collecting signatures and by the time the crowd dispersed from the mall and moved to the front of the senate building, there was no way i would have been able to stay and wait to get inside. i even wore my suit and everything! thanks to those who were able to stay though, and also to all who were able to speak for us. we needed that, but we also need to keep this going. keep sending the emails, making the phone calls, and calling out raskin for that game of chess which seemed to be so much more important than the views of the people

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    However, the most stirring, I think was the really large 18-wheeler slowly wending his way past the rally, dragging out a really long blow of his air horns, to which there was another round of applause. He later turned around and went back out doing so again.
    That was the best! That dude was awesome :party29:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It was great to see so many people turn out but to be honest, the crowd should have shut down the entire town of Annapolis and not just the building.

I kindof wished that when the stadium lot was shut down, that everyone that got turned away drove down to the harbor, stopped when they hit traffic, and just shut off their cars and walked to the rally. Would serve the O men right for pulling a stunt like that.

Of course, we would have been disruptive to regular commerce, but maybe the news stations would have recognized that there were thousands of people there, and not "hundreds".

BTW, good to see you again. It had been a long while.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks to Don for this site and Norton's work too, as I believe it was a main, if not, the main contributor to the organization of the convergence of pro 2A supporters (en masse) upon Annapolis yesterday (so do a number of anti 2A's as they tried to bring this site down). I think we made history there yesterday by shutting down the Senate Building with the amount of people that showed up; perhaps the first time that has occurred in MD history (if anyone is able to verify or nullify this, please chime in).

I am very pleased to have been an organizer in a small way (referencing the scheduling of buses from Carroll County and those that took advantage of such) and feel that my time and effort was VERY WELL WORTH every minute to accomplish that task. I am proud of my personal support in this effort, the personal support of others that organized other facets of the mass convergence, and those that attended yesterday. I know there were others that planned to be there, but ultimately weren't able to do so due to their job/employer not granting their request for that day's absence.

My immediate future plan is to arrange another bus trip from Carroll County for the House Hearings in the not too distant future. We cannot give up the fight for freedom.

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom