• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Yes, a BIG thanks to DD214 and Norton for providing a crucial link to us all for coordinating this effort.

The event was a huge hit and the sour look on Sen. Frosh's face was more than worth the drive. O'Malley's half-assed and obviously insincere attempt to sing the praises of "our participative legislative process" was priceless.

Sens Jacobs, Shank, and Getty were great. And the troopers running the show were consummate professionals.

The testimony was terminated early (~0930) and those left in line were allowed a few short words to let the committee know who they were, where they were from, and that they opposed the bill.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    I had a great time, and will be there when next something like this comes around.
    4 hours in line with our group was less painful that 10 minutes in line to get my 6 seconds in front of the Senate Panel.
    Next time I think I need to tie some carpet squares on my feet, to ease the pain in the knees from all that time on the marble floor.
    And remember, this was the easy part, the next 60 days is really going to make the difference.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    An incredible turnout.

Shut down the venue.

Overwhelming opposition.

A day Frosh & Co.will have nightmares about forever.

Well done MDS and MSI.

Tonight, we gave them something to worry about.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    An incredible turnout.

Shut down the venue.

Overwhelming opposition.

A day Frosh & Co.will have nightmares about forever.

Well done MDS and MSI.

Tonight, we gave them something to worry about.

I don't know that we're capable of giving Frosh nightmares, but I think we made Muse, Brochin, and even Zirkin a little squirmy.

ShortSight

Aug 20, 2011
    Laurel
    Great Time!

I managed to get to Annapolis just as President Obama's motorcade left, at about 11:45 or so. That meant we had to sit on the shuttle at Navy Stadium and wait for quite awhile before arriving in the vicinity of the rally but it was certainly worth it.

The whole atmosphere was truly encouraging and there were a lot of humorous signs as well as eloquent speakers. However, what stood out in my mind were some of the peripheral elements of the rally.

There were people passing by, not part of the rally, who seemed amazed and positively impacted by it all. Once we gathered over by the Court building to sign the petitions, there were employees inside and on the floors above leaning out and taking pictures too, as if they were impressed by it all. On the second floor of the building facing the rally, two women who watched for quite awhile eventually hung a large rifle range target out their window, to great applause.

However, the most stirring, I think was the really large 18-wheeler slowly wending his way past the rally, dragging out a really long blow of his air horns, to which there was another round of applause. He later turned around and went back out doing so again.

I hope that air horn echoes in the Senators' minds for a long time!

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    Thanks for this I eagerly waited to see what the turn out was as I had to travel across the country to vegas for work. Even here in Harry Reid's backyard I saw quiet a few patriots wearing pro 2nd apparel and a few decorated cars on the road. Its great that some Americans are awake and getting the pro gun word out there. Again thanks for everyone that went and visually informed the elite that we are hear to fight.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    When I hit the backup on Rt. 50, I knew it was going to be a good day for us!

Walking with a random group from the stadium ~11:30, I was extremely proud hearing the loud cheers from the courtyard of those already there - from many blocks away. Upon arrival, signing the petition. Hearing the officer's constant pleas over and over "Gotta have my path. It's the only one I have. Sir, please move inside the barrier. ..." Struggling to hear the speakers, but cheering when I could. Knowing that some spent hours, days, weeks preparing and practicing their thoughtful testimony. Cheering when those folks addressed the crowd with their written testimony since they could not do so at the hearing. We cheered!

The news media reported there were 8 people in attendance. We know the truth. Thanks for your organization, attendance, and patriotism!

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Thank you Don and Paul, for giving us this forum in order to protect our Rights.

Special thanks go out to the men and women who have been making our presence known for the several past years. Without your efforts, today would have been a pure cluster.

And to all of you who were there today: You shut down the Senate, frustrated those who would repress you, and made it known that you will not go quietly into the night. I can remember being impressed by 30-40 people showing up at the GA. This was beyond my wildest imagination! THANK YOU!

Please never give up. We may not see 3000+ crowding the Judiciary Committee again, but keep up the numbers and the fight.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks to DD214 and all those that support him and this website. The efforts and sacrifices of these people to keep this site running is truly making Maryland a better place.

This was by far the largest pro-gun rally I've ever attended, well worth using a days vacation time to enjoy the company of a few thousand of the greatest Americans. Together today, we did send a very positive message.

Although there is still work to be done, each of us can be proud of the fact that when those that stand against the fundamental right of self defense and have never appeared more overwhelming; we stood stronger and looked them right in the eye.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Many thanks to DD, Norton and all who keep the flames of Freedom burning. :clap:

We will not go quietly into the night...we will not vanish without a fight! We are going to live on! We are going to survive!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    EASILY the understatement of the evening! Without his original idea for the site and his hours of daily toil to keep this ever-growing community forum running, Maryland gun owners would most definitely be up the proverbial creek without a paddle :bowdown: :bowdown:

To DD214 - A very heartfelt, "Thank You, sir"!!
    :thumbsup:
    All those hosting fees you've payed over the years, maybe we're finally starting to make them worthwhile. Thanks Don, thanks for everything.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    It was disappointing to spend hours developing testimony, give up a day's pay, wait in line for over three hours to sign up to testify and then only have the opportunity to say "I oppose this bill" after sitting for 6 hours waiting to testify. Would I do it again? Hell yeah!

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I was there. I was there back in the '90s during the hearings for gun control crap. Many of the people I was there with fighting this stuff have passed away. We never had a problem getting into the hearing rooms then. You have done what we in those days always dreamed of, thankyou. Yesterday was my birthday, the best I have ever had. Yesterday and today is the only time I can remember to really be proud to be a Marylander.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't know that we're capable of giving Frosh nightmares, but I think we made Muse, Brochin, and even Zirkin a little squirmy.

Thanks to you, Don. This forum is no only great fun, but how would word get out to so many people without it?

We definitely made the legislators take notice. This was the largest turn out for anything......ever. The folks in Annapolis said they do not recall having to shut the building down. In addition to that. We had over 1,000 people sign up to testify. The said they definitely were not expecting that. Usually people rally and go home. When the night was over, the Capitol police thanked us for the professionalism with which everyone conducted themselves. They apparently had no problems with anyone and they were impressed.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Thanks to you, Don. This forum is no only great fun, but how would word get out to so many people without it?

We definitely made the legislators take notice. This was the largest turn out for anything......ever. The folks in Annapolis said they do not recall having to shut the building down. In addition to that. We had over 1,000 people sign up to testify. The said they definitely were not expecting that. Usually people rally and go home. When the night was over, the Capitol police thanked us for the professionalism with which everyone conducted themselves. They apparently had no problems with anyone and they were impressed.

Great testimony btw. Havnen't had the pleasure of meeting you, but took notice of the 'evidenced based legislation.' Fantastic.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Great testimony btw. Havnen't had the pleasure of meeting you, but took notice of the 'evidenced based legislation.' Fantastic.

Thanks. Sorry I missed you. Hopefully we can catch up at the next one.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    For once, I did not mind waiting in line, and actually enjoyed there being a long line. I met some very nice folks there and am proud to say I did my part. Just re-upped my membership to MSI a couple minutes ago and donated to the NRA-ILA.

:thumbsup: I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom